The Car Love Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by FDNY21, Apr 5, 2015.

1. That looks very artsy Megh! Thanks for posting the photos :D

-----------

My video for Audi Driver International is now up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIVdiDMNW-k

Pictures from the day are featured on the Fendy Photography page which you can access in my signature below...
    Mileymoomin, luckycordel and 607 like this.

2. Finally got my seat from the upholstery shop today! I was hoping the dash matched all smiles!
    FDNY21 likes this.
  3. De-rusted and painted the underside of the seats :)

I got some wet and dry paper for the grille, need to get around to that and use the lacquer on it. In between things, I need to waxoyl the car and do more touchups still, and I should get around to the rev counter but I have a feeling that won't be a quick job!
    luckycordel likes this.
  4. Every little thing you do, makes it one step closer to better! Keep it up!:D
    FDNY21 likes this.
  5. Ideally I need to waxoyl it before all the grit comes down in the winter! Grille has been prioritized because I need to get the lacquer on it before it goes all dirty, then fit it to the car. After that I'll get around to the touch ups and rev counter in due time :p

The rev counter isn't so easy though... there's 4 wires on it, and I know roughly what each one may do, but at the minute I don't know what I'm going to attach each one to! Going to have to do a lot of reading I think >_>
    luckycordel likes this.
  6. Another interesting idea I've had - while my mk1 grille is on the car, I could also make it a project to do up my mk2 grille. Could even spray it red. I think that would be an interesting thing to do, because they're usually black... hmmm :cool:
    607 and luckycordel like this.
  7. This grille has been a right pain after pain as I get further on with the process. Doing the lacquer now so the last part of the process, but it's still going to need some work to finish off... hopefully all goes well :)
    luckycordel likes this.
  8. You'll do fine just take your time. Got faith in ya! The car gets better and better everyday!:D
    FDNY21 and 607 like this.
  9. The grille is done :) Needs a slight bit of adjustment but it's pretty much there now! :D

Sitting pretty
    607, luckycordel and Mileymoomin like this.
  10. Hi all

My father has now retired and with that has bought a BMW 320d M sport..

So anyway we bought it 3 weeks ago... With promises that we would have it in a week

I present to you "Crud that car dealers say"

"Sorry, the delivery company have let us down"
    "Sorry We dont actually know where the car is at the moment due to the delivery company"
    "Sorry the car isn't registered yet (Whos registration documents we have then i have no clue xD)
    "Sorry, the car is stuck in oxford with a flat battery (This is a new car... what?!)

From the way it is going this will most likely be a weekly article on this thread... yay!
    FDNY21 likes this.
  11. Not a bad choice with that car, my granddad had a 320d a while back I believe, and I've got a mate at college with an older diesel one. They go on and on by the sounds of it. Not my personal choice, but decent cars nonetheless :D

I'm glad I'm not going to have to deal with car dealers... they always have excuses and make you pay more than the normal going value for cars. But getting a dud can still be common with private car sales. There's no winning either way... but it is what it is, life isn't life if you don't take the risks ;)

Looking forward to hearing about the car soon :)
    607 likes this.
  12. I like this one. Found something similar and decided to adapt it for you all to enjoy ;)

5 Reasons Why the Audi Ur quattro is Better than any Other Car
    1: Cylinder 1
    2: Cylinder 2
    3: Cylinder 3
    4: Cylinder 4
    5: Cylinder 5
  13. Still missing 3 cylinders! lol No Replacement for Displacement!

I did manage to finish the truck. I'll try to take some good pic's & get em to yall
    607 and FDNY21 like this.
  14. Audi did have a nice 200 V8 I think it was, or maybe the 100 V8, either way it was a nice one, but thinking about fuel economy as well as the sound, I can't fault the 5 pot ;)

Looking forward to the pictures!
    luckycordel and 607 like this.

15. I've put 255 miles on her today:D Like to make sure all the bugs are worked out:eek: So far so good:D Its been a dream to drive. O'boy don't need to get attached, but... :oops: Hope Yall like!
    607 and FDNY21 like this.
  16. That's almost as many miles as I've put on my Panda in the couple months I've had it! :p It looks absolutely awesome though, it's great to see this as the final product. Really good pictures too! Why not too attached, is it going soon? :eek:

Today... some good news! I passed my driving test first time in the VW Up! :)
  17. Congrats on your driving test Fendy!:cool:
    Lol it don't take long for me to run some miles on a car. I'll put 1000 miles on it to making sure all the bugs are worked out. Then it up for sale. Time to start the next one! :D Congrats again Fendy!
    FDNY21 and 607 like this.
  18. Wow, looking great!! :)
    luckycordel and FDNY21 like this.
  19. Thank you very much! :D

I'm a bit protective over the miles, 26,400 on the Panda now... ;) Good luck with the next one as well, I'm sure we'll see some of it! :)
  20. Here's one of my steel wheels currently...

Caused by this pothole. It was one nasty hit, and unfortunately one I couldn't avoid in time. Hopefully the council pays out on their insurance!
    607 likes this.