The Car Love Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by FDNY21, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Finally painted that little scratch I accidentally made... it came out okay :D

Did the bit in between the wing and the panel nearest the door as well as it was white before, now it can be red ;)
    luckycordel and 607 like this.
  2. One of the most exciting things that I'll remember forever - getting stuck in the mud in the middle of a woods I don't even know miles from home in a 1950s Land Rover with my mate :D

Because my mate keeps the vehicle privately I won't post any pictures of the Landie itself stuck in the mud (sorry), but I can show you the suspected reason we couldn't move ;)

In the end, we got towed out by someone else in another Land Rover. About 3 hours it took for rescue though!
  3. That's a really cool story! 'Exciting', you say, but how did you feel while you were stuck? :p
    luckycordel and FDNY21 like this.
  4. It was all an experience really, okay, it's not the best idea of "fun", but it's something that has never happened to me before and that's why it was a bit exciting I suppose!

Moral of the story - always drive in pairs if you want to go through the boggy bit, just in case... ;)

I really want a Fiat Panda 4x4 so that I can join him on his adventures :p

A blue 4x4 Sisley model would be a dream...
  5. I came across an interesting Volvo Amazon today, but I didn't have anything to take a picture with... It was in a colour I hadn't ever seen before, but it might've been dyed or something, as it also seemed to have some other modifications.
  6. That's awesome! It's great what you can sometimes see out and about :D What colour was it?
  7. I forgot, sorry. :p If I come across it again with my cellphone with me, I'll take a picture. :) It was standing with some other cars on the field beside a repair service or something similar.
  8. Unfortunately old cars can end up there a lot... but then that would give you more photo opportunities I suppose! :p
  9. New front pressed number plate :)
    luckycordel likes this.
  10. Do you have any idea how long it takes to go through 80 pages of threads? Why didn't I find this sooner....
    Gotta start off with my ride, cuz why do we own them if not to share, and I've been in the wrong thread. I am another classics fan, old muscle and sports cars, especially rarer models and concept cars.

Since high school I have had 5 AMC JAvelins, three being Pierre Cardin editions.. This is the one I just sold, and my new rarer one is similar, but stored atm.

Designer Interior by Cardin (1972)

Unfortunately I have lost most of my old photos, but my high school was full of classics, even the teachers. Many of my friends still have their cars, its just something in our blood...

I also have a rather large batch of concept and low production cars to look through to post some of the more interesting ones... I will be back here often :)
  11. I bet it was 80 pages of pure goodness though! ;) I'm not sure how you haven't seen it on recently active before :p

For those wondering, page 74 of Fendy Photography has some chat between Raaynn and I on the Panda and Javelin, and some of their interesting interior designs.

Very nice interior on that, when are you getting it out of storage? It would be awesome to see some more pictures of it at some point that you've taken!

I'm going to make sure I hold onto all of the photos of my car, I have so many files already. Speaking of photos of my car and teachers with classics, here's my Panda Fizz parked next to a college lecturer's Triumph Dolomite at college!

Feel free to post here any time, I can't contain the words when it comes to cars ;) I'm interested to see how many of these concept/low batch cars I know of :D
  12. Silver Limited Editions Ulimited sticker for the rear :cool:

And white ones to complement the side windows!

For those wondering, Limited Editions Unlimited is run by a friendly bloke who happens to own the white Panda in the photo attached just below. He has many Pandas of his own but also works on customer ones for a living. Pretty cool! I'm going to do my work experience with him later this year :)
    607 and luckycordel like this.
  13. I put her on ebay today!
    FDNY21, 607 and Tigerstar like this.
  14. Part of me wants to say nice, part of me wants to say it's a bit sad it's going! You've done such a great restoration, have you got enough fun out of it yet? Guess if you get attached you'll never let go though! Do you ship to the UK? ;)
  15. Thank you, Fendy! I try not to get attached, never works out for me. Unfortunately they got to go.
    I have enjoyed it, put 1500 miles on it since completed. lol my garage is not big enough to keep them all. If I were only Jay Leno:rolleyes: It would be cheaper to strap some pontoons to it and drive it across lol. I could only imagine what yalls M.O.T. would say when it passes emissions test:confused:. I'll share the next one with yall, what ever it is.
    Thanks Again!
    FDNY21 and 607 like this.
  16. Well, because I mentioned them in the other thread, here are the designer AMCs that came out... not that I'll stick to AMC even though thats my specialty...
    Gucci Hornet Wagon

Oleg Cassini Matador

and the Levi's jeans Gremlin and Jeeps

FDNY21, luckycordel and 607 like this.
  17. Think I've put 900 miles on my Panda now, it's going to shoot up in the next few months though!

It was nice to see the project and we look forward to the next one :D
    Some nice ones there, thanks for sharing! I have a soft spot for the Gremlin but the Hornet Wagon has a seriously cool style. We talked about lots of AMC and Fiat specials already, but it wasn't just them that were in on the fun...

The Peugeot 205 Lacoste :)

These things are seriously rare now, and have massively shot up in price, leaving even the GTI behind it in terms of cost!

I have a feeling you'll probably have some more to share, as do I... I'll save them for later on ;)
  18. My hubby has an addiction to his classic cars he has quite a few :confused:.. I only like 2 of them .. :( and the 3rd i know isnt a "car " but its still one of my favorite of our "gas powered vehicles " ..:rolleyes:

FDNY21, luckycordel and 607 like this.
  19. Eddie Bauer likes to write his name all over clothes and such, including Fords and Lincolns nowadays, ... but before him came some of the top names such as Pucci, Givenchy, Blass, Cartier ....
    luckycordel likes this.
  20. Love the Beetle and the Camaro! Two very different ends of the classic car spectrum, but two nice examples by the looks of it indeed :)

I take it these are the two ones that you like the most, and you haven't posted pictures of any others (unless those are the two classics he has) :p

I have a feeling that AnonReturns will end up with lots of classic cars while being with me too... :rolleyes:

---

Today, I went to Autosport International, and it was great! Lots of car pictures will be coming soon to Fendy Photography :)

One thing I wanted to post here was that I got to drive an Abarth 595. As a 17 year old who recently only just got a full UK driving licence (feels like ages though), and driving a classic car with the stiffest pedals and not quite the best brakes in the world and rocking 45bhp, driving a brand new car with 160bhp from a 1.4 turbo engine with great brakes, power and very light pedals was a very interesting and fun experience!

The one I drove was a yellow one like this one:

My friend got to drive a red one. I really like these little cars. Proper pocket rockets, torque steers like crazy though! That's what you get when you have 160bhp going through only the front wheels ;)