The Car Love Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by FDNY21, Apr 5, 2015.

1. *cough* Do a post on the history of a 126/panda ;) If theres even much to talk about.. Okay I basically just want weird and random pictures of 126's and Panda's along with weird and wonderful facts :p Ur a sporky thang by the way.

-Mett
    FDNY21 likes this.
  2. Oi Oven Mitt, plenty of posts about the 126 and Pandas in due course I'd say! I want to do one on the old Honda Jazz as well... we'll see ;)
    607, luckycordel and ShrinkingMatt like this.
  3. He has 12 Classics .. :eek: Its an addiction .. At least its his only one :rolleyes:. I use to get Jealous about the amount of time he spent with them .. Most of them were rusted out and big project cars and he rebuilt them and painted them all except the Mustang ( he rebuilt it but didnt paint it ..)

]
    607, FDNY21 and luckycordel like this.
  4. Those are nice! Don't they come from the factory straight piped as well?

5. Here's a picture of my friends STI (left) and my GTI (right). His car has a 2.5L turbo and mine has a 2.0L turbo, but with a little bit of modifications my car will be able to beat his :D
  6. Wow, lots of classics indeed! I think the 1965 Mustang would be my favourite, though I wouldn't say no to any of them ;)
    I'm not sure, in all honesty! Looking at google, it looks like some have mufflers and some don't. Those that do seem to call them "high performance mufflers". They would all come with a catalytic converter though, unless you took it out after having it - just got to hope you still pass emissions tests if you do that :p
    Two awesome cars for sure! I tend not to be into the newer stuff, I prefer the mk1/mk2 GTI and and older Imprezas but I bet both of these pack a punch! Wouldn't say no to either of them ;) What modifications are you planning?
    luckycordel likes this.
  7. So far I haven't done much performance wise but I did take out my resonator and the exhaust sounds a little bit more beefy now. For when I want to make it louder I'm going to get a catless down pipe and from there it should be loud enough :D. Of course eventually I'm going to tune the car and go stage 1,2,3 etc. I still have the lowering springs that I ordered in my room and I still have to figure out when I'm going to install them.
    luckycordel likes this.
  8. Lowering springs is something I considered for my car, could end up costing me lots of money if I keep spending though! Don't know if I'll keep the Panda and buy another car as well or sell it to get another at some point... having a lowered Panda and then a 4x4 Panda would be pretty sweet :p

Sounds good, will a catless down pipe on your GTI still allow it to pass emissions though?
    607 and luckycordel like this.
  9. Nope :D but I don't need to smog it for another 3 years so I'm good
  10. Many Chevys as is normal, my favorite though... the '63 Split window Corvette Stingray... love those spinner hubs.

well... for a production car!... absolute favorite... the XP755 concept version... based off a shark....

607, luckycordel and FDNY21 like this.
  11. Interesting shark there ;) Do live that split window Stingray. The father of someone I knew from my old school has one of the original Corvettes, think it was an open top/convertible one. Great looking things, shame I never got to see it though! Don't see things like that often around in the UK especially :eek:

Because you've talked so much about AMC recently, I've had a slight addiction to the AMC Pacer and Gremlin. Two very strange designs but that's what makes them so unique and interesting! Again, shame we never get to see them in the UK though :(
    607, luckycordel and Raaynn like this.
  12. That moment when one is not enough...

Meet Erwin (previously named Chas), a 1994 Fiat Panda CLX, complete with a head gasket failure and some rust, along with many spare parts. Purchased for the wheels, but Erwin will be put to good use with other bits going to Pandino and my spares pile, and hopefully I can sell the rest of the car relatively complete so someone can restore it! :)
    luckycordel and 607 like this.
  13. I've got a couple of people interested in the car, including my cousin so if I fix this car then I may be able to sell it to him and still be able to see it! I am pretty confident that I can do the engine repair, but I am still a bit worried about the rust. Most of it isn't structural so it shouldn't fail an MOT, but at the same time, letting it fester will just let it get worse. We shall see what happens, it's all very much in the balance right now...

The history of this CLX I got is amazing. I managed to find one of the older owners and they've managed to tell me lots about the car. From here on, the car will be called Chaz, just like it used to be :)
    luckycordel and 607 like this.
  14. A clean and some new air in the tyres have done Chaz some good. The battery had a quick charge, and I can confirm that electronics are mostly working as normal. The blowers and the fan for the engine worked with ease, though the engine did not start. I suspect there isn't enough charge yet (to engage the starter motor properly), so I'll be letting the battery charge well into tomorrow and testing it when I get back from work hopefully! :)
    luckycordel likes this.
  15. As a tie off to the designer vehicles... my favorite is still Pierre Cardin, who seemed a step ahead of the others thanks to AMC who came up with the idea. As in addition to my car in 1972, he also did a Cadillac Seville, before the others, starting in 1979...

But he had also already done the interior of this Super Sweet 1974 Sbarro Stash which I think looks so totally awesome, I would love to have one...

... and that's not all. The fastest of all at 500 mph!!! ok... so its not a car, but the 1978 Westwind Jet also had a special PC edition... super sleek! Totally custom interior with special paint job...

luckycordel and FDNY21 like this.
  16. (I am so sorry to the Americans that aren't able to purchase such beautiful machines!)

So this right here is my current car. It is an R33 GTS (RB25DE Manual). Non turbo due to power restriction in my state. I absolutely love her! She has actually been some of the most valuable stress reliever ive had my whole life!

And this right here is what I am getting in a few months. an R34 GTT, she is a beauty! Beautiful Bayside blue, will be upgrading to GTR Wing, and cat back exhaust to a cannon. I of course will be doing numerous engine bay, engine, suspension tyre wheel setup mods etc! She will be my daily until I purchase an R34 GTR :D

luckycordel, FDNY21 and 607 like this.
  17. Those cars look great! Never heard of the 1974 Stash actually, so I've learned quite a lot with this post :D
    Glad to have seen that R33, don't think I've seen it before, it looks like it has served you very well though! I need to take a picture like you've done, where sit by the car with your arm around it ;)

I do remember seeing that beast of an R34, though. The best colour too, can't wait to see it when it is in your hands!
    luckycordel likes this.
  18. We've been able to import the skyline in the U.S. since 2014. A buddy of mine has 2. An R32 & R33 both turboed.
    next time am over there I'll get pic's
    FDNY21 likes this.
  19. Doesn't it depend on age? I heard it has to be 25 years old to be able to be imported, or something like that :) (which makes the R32 eligible already, not sure about R33)
    luckycordel likes this.
  20. Not sure, will ask him, I believe he has some form of exemption. I do know the R32 is a 1989, & the
    R33 1997. And that, I want em! :cool:

There is a 25 year law. For some reason we can import 96-98 R33. :confused:
    FDNY21 likes this.