The Car Love Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by FDNY21, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Refund given, they even refunded postage :)

Car is insured and taxed, have been putting a few miles on it! First petrol stop tonight, as well!
    607 and luckycordel like this.
  2. How's it going everyone. I just wanted to share with new sexy beast that I picked up earlier this year.
    Details:
    RAM 1500 Laramie
    Crew Cab
    Fully Loaded
    Custom
    5.7L V8 Hemi engine
    Will be paying this off forever LOL but oh so totally worth it.

FDNY21, 607 and luckycordel like this.
  3. Nice truck, Rezxz! The only thing I see wrong with it is its not a Cummins. I love those Cummins!
    (nothing is wrong I was just joking around, I do like the Cummins though. Have one in my 65 chevy pu)
    Rezxz and FDNY21 like this.
  4. Wow, that thing is a beast! You'll have no problems with the luggage in that one, and you have a lot of cylinders to pull it all as well :p

5.7 V8 compares quite nicely to my 1.0 straight 4... :oops: We all like different things though :rolleyes:
    Rezxz likes this.
  5. I originally wrote this on Fiat Forum but felt like it had a place here as well... update on my car, Pandino! :D

General Stuff...
    Earlier this week, I was washing the car and discovered the rubber exhaust clip in the center section was just flapping around. That may explain the small rattle in the rear... clip has since been put on!

Also, was wondering why the back was a little jumpy over the speed bumps, turns out the rear tyres were set to 40PSI. Lowered it down to about 30, the front and spare tyres were already 30 so that's alright now. Attached a complimentary pictures of Pandino at my nan's house today, with the Pandino Mascot in the window

If you read the story below - look closely at the front bumper of the car in this pic and you'll see it sagging at the back. No longer like this any more

I also started to try out my Fiat Racing Red paint to touch up a couple scratches. Looks okay so far, we'll see what happens with that!

-------------

Story Time...
    It was time to finally sort out that flapping front bumper. The right hand side was clearly not attached to anything, and sagged a lot lower than the other side did. Today, I got under the car, undid the screws holding on the inner wheel arch and pulled the lining back a bit. After much wrestling, I got off the washer/bolt assembly on the bumper mount.

Turns out the washer and bolt assembly was there in the metal attached to the car but nobody had actually put the bumper into the black slide-in mount on the end of the assembly for it to stay there. Or so I thought...

After putting the assembly back on and having it all together, I came up to inspect the masterpiece. Perfect, the bumper was flush with the bottom of the fender now! Great! But... the other side, the bumper is not flush, it's ever so slightly lower. Not noticeable enough to worry me, but enough to tell me something has happened to the car previously.

Tried again with the assembly to see if it was put on wrong, but turns out it was all there and correct, so started to think and look around. Then I saw the grille. The grille, on the offside of the car (nearest side where bumper was not secured), did not line up against the headlight. It is slightly pushed in at the bottom left (if looking at it from the front), as opposed to the other side of the grille which lines up perfectly with the other headlight.

This is when things started to add up What I think has happened, at some stage or another, is that the offside front area has bumped into something, or something else into it. This would have pushed the bumper in enough to push it out of its mounting on the right hand side, and because it pushed it in enough to push in the offside of the grille, it explains why there is a cut in the bumper. Where the headlight and grille join, there is a piece of metal going vertically, which lines up quite well with that fairly small cut I have in the bumper.

Mystery potentially solved! So, what now... probably almost nothing The bumper is, for now (touchwood), securely mounted on all sides, the cut and the grille are both cosmetic. Oh, and I did remember to put the inner wheel arch lining back on if you were wondering. One screw for it went right back on, but the other one didn't want to play, so I put a new one in with a washer. All is well What may be worth doing though, is attempting to take off the grille and seeing if the mount for it is pushed. Pretty sure the screws for it are rusted on/rounded off so it's probably a good idea to change for some good ones anyway. We'll see what happens, but for now, Pandino is happy!

6. Keep it up Fendy looking good!:D
    607 and FDNY21 like this.

7. Another Update
    Carpet, Headliner, Gas Tank Delete Panel done!
    FDNY21 likes this.
  8. Nice pics! Too bad all the steering wheels are on the wrong side of the car. :p
    luckycordel likes this.
  9. Took off the grille, had to drill out two rusted screws and the poppers are a pain...

Definitely slightly damaged at one point. My fears are confirmed by the bent panel inside by the headlight. This has since been bent back to where it should be!

New screws, a couple washers and the pain of those washers later, we're all back together again :D

That's looking really nice! Love the carpet and headliner especially!
    The right side is the right side ;)
  10. Rallyday video available here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRJe1bHFoyc

I probably forgot to link the last 1 or 2, feel free to watch those on the channel if you want!

Here's the new Fiat Forum sticker on my car:
  11. Another update, Wiring is done :D Still waiting on seat & door panels (door cards :oops:) lol. A/C & heat are next, windshield, back glass:D
    FDNY21 and 607 like this.
  12. Liking the mix of old and new, looks great! Speaking of wiring, I'm hoping to do a rev counter soon :eek: I'm sure we'll see the seat/doors etc soon :D
    luckycordel and 607 like this.
  13. New ht leads are on...

Cat decided to say hello!
  14. Car update!

So my grandfather did end up selling his Jaguar XF Sport. However, he did not go for another Jaguar. Instead, he went for this..

This is a Mercedes CLA 45 AMG Shootingbrake

In my opinion this picture doesn't do it justice (his is the same as this)
    It has a rather odd shape to it but it is rather practical.
    Has a 2.0 4 cylinder engine which somehow they have squeezed 371 bhp out of 0-60 is <4.5 seconds

I'm a little in love its safe to say

My dad is also looking at going German. He has been looking at the Audi S3 (i'm pretty sure you will love that) BMW 2 series and VW golfs. Exciting times to be a petrol head in my family.
    FDNY21 and luckycordel like this.
  15. Not a big fan of Mercedes myself, more of an Audi/VW one, but that is a nice car :)

They do get a lot of power out of engines like that nowadays, my father's car is a 2.0 4 cylinder turbo, 250hp 6.5sec 0-60, so a tad slower than that Mercedes but probably a good bit cheaper than that thing cost...

My 4 cylinder is only a 1.0 and makes about 45hp :p 0-60 in... eventually :rolleyes:

The new Audis are nice cars, I'd love the Audi RS3 saloon coming out soon. Practical, executive, but with a 5 cylinder turbo engine (the engine of my dreams) powering it! :D The Golfs aren't as good value for money as they used to be, can get other cars for the price they would cost that are more cost effective :)
  16. Got my doors no seat yet. I'll still share.
    FDNY21 and 607 like this.
  17. Looking real good! Might need some seats if you want to drive though... ;) Looks like we both got some things to share!

I've fitted my rear stickers. Fiat Forum on the back now and Fiat Panda 4x4 Club Italia as well! Sticker came originally from Italy! :D No, my Panda is not a 4x4 but I can still rep for the club...

Next up is the grille, and probably some tidying stuffs. The grille is almost straight now, working on it some more tonight, and may even paint soon! I'll keep y'all updated :)
  18. I made a start on the grille last night...

Not doing too badly. Need to clean and paint the front so I'll get around to that soon. I'm just hoping it comes out alright when it's done and it can go on the car without looking out of place. I also hope I have enough paint left over for touch ups on the paint on the rest of the car and to fix an area on the outside of the wheel arch inside the car :)

To get where I got to in the picture: received nothing from Parcelforce, so decided to fix myself. Used the workbench edge (wood) to put the kinked area on top of and then used a hammer to straighten it out. Push down on the edges with the face of it on the floor a bit, and we're golden :D Then, prep and spray painted the back and edges!
    Mileymoomin, luckycordel and 607 like this.
  19. Front had a clean and a few coats yesterday! Here it is:

Unfortunately I did mess up one of the corners (can only see up close though), so I'll have to buy more paint to fix that as I ran out. I should probably get some clear lacquer as well?

But without further ado... this is the new grille! Needs a badge and this has already been sent off for, and needs the last bit of paint sorting, but this is pretty much it! :)
    Mileymoomin, luckycordel and 607 like this.
  20. okay, okay, i've got some photos for you! i was at a parade yesterday and i tried like hell to get as artsy looking photos as i could.. one of these photos i edited a tiny bit, i will post the original here

i wanted to do the same to this photo below, but it just didn't look as good with the black background as the corvette did