The Car Love Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by FDNY21, Apr 5, 2015.

1. When we're all multi-millionaires! :p
    Thank you Lucky! First lesson is more about controls, then after that it's all hands on deck with maneuvers and driving! :D
    luckycordel and 607 like this.
  2. Unfortunately, my driving lesson is going to be re-scheduled, but I'll let you know how it goes when it does happen :p
    607 and luckycordel like this.
  3. Here's the car I've been looking at buying. My own pictures, I went to see it today! Fiat Panda from the nineties for those wondering :)

4. Good Starter car:D ^^^

Is it 4x4?
    FDNY21 likes this.
  5. ahhaaahahhaah when im older ( and a millionaire ;) ) i wanna collect the worst old fiats, just like the metal, boxy, panda's, cinquecento's, seicento's etc im not trying to put hate on them but i love them from how bad they look imo xD they must rust like a nail in the sea aswell
  6. Unfortunately I can't afford the 4x4, they've gone up in recent years, this is a Limited Edition Fizz, 999cc 2wd :D Early fuel injection! Single point, but still, injection nonetheless ;)

I think it needs new badges and it will need a good clean inside/out, and if I can I'll get my uncle to help me with the rust on the corners of the doors and the dent in the left outer sill, but I need to agree the price with the owner first! Going to talk to him after it goes for its MOT on wednesday... I'm hoping the almost bald tyres get picked up as an advisory so he has to do it instead of me but we'll see :p
    Worst? They're not bad at all. Apart from the Seicento. That one really is ugly...

I'm a big fan of the old Panda, the Cinquecento and the old 126 as well. All great cars that I'd have, and I don't think they look bad! They are boxy, but that's just the style! They all rust, yes, but this Panda I'm looking at is relatively clean. Don't be mean to the old Fiats! :)
    607, Ch33zus and luckycordel like this.
  7. I'll keep everyone updated on how it goes :p

Driving lesson is now re-scheduled for Friday :)
  8. My starter car Is a 2011 Toyota aygo Go in red It is sooo good

The go was the top of the range model from that year so it has:
    AC
    Privacy glass
    Touchscreen satnav
    And some other stuff cant remember what tho
    FDNY21 likes this.
  9. Very nice, too new to be a starter car to me though. It costs £4,000, I'm looking at a car that costs closer to £1,000. I'd rather dent a car with a wing worth £30 than a car with a wing worth hundreds ;) I can properly maintain an older car as compared to a giant computer too, but we all have our preferences :rolleyes: I hope you enjoy the car! It's got some good kit in it, perhaps I'm just jelly eh? I'm just lucky the car I'm looking at has windows that actually open when you wind them down :p

This Fiat I've been looking at goes for its MOT today. I hope it goes through okay, but at the same time I'm hoping the seller has to do a couple of things to it so that I don't have to do them... main worry right now is the tyres and the door rust. Door rust can be sorted but could be more costly than desired, tyres shouldn't be too bad though. But tyres are more likely to come up on the MOT. Let's see, eh :)
  10. Fiat Panda failed due to front tyres. Both tyres have been replaced. Seller still wants top price for the car though. I've gave him my offer, he's going to have another person look at the car now though as it's not quite as high as what he said he wanted. It may be gone to someone else then. I don't know.
    607 likes this.
  11. Um, I think he was talking about cars, not pc's, but oh well :p
    luckycordel and FDNY21 like this.
  12. As 607 said, I was talking about the car, not a PC. I was saying that a 2011 Toyota Aygo is basically a computer itself. Newer cars run almost completely on electronics and computers. This means that instead of fixing it with a spanner or maintaining a part, you have to replace a electronic/computer part to fix it :p
  13. Here she is. Say hello to Pandino! :D
    607, Mileymoomin and luckycordel like this.
  14. So you got it! Congrats on your 1st ride, Fendy:D
    607 and FDNY21 like this.
  15. Bit the bullet and paid his price in the end. He wouldn't go any cheaper on it, but then again, there's only 68 of these limited edition Fiat Panda Fizz ones left existing, with only half of those ones on the road! So I'll make my money back on it! It's a nice little thing too, made in 1993 and only has 26,000 miles! Crazy! :D
  16. If you want to see how many are on British roads i'd recommend... https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/

Its awesome discovered there's around 100 like the Pink mobile out there xD

I've checked the fizz but i'll let you look yourself ;)
  17. But I've already looked... the reason I know there's 68 is because of that site... it says there is 34 licensed and 34 SORN. 34 + 34 = 68 :D

It's a very popular/commonly used site nowadays! :)
  18. I didn't know about that site yet, though, so thanks for it!
    luckycordel likes this.