The Boston Bomber and the Death Penalty

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Gibabyte, Apr 9, 2015.

?

Should Dzhokhar Tsarnaev be put to death?

Yes 47 vote(s) 52.2%
No 43 vote(s) 47.8%
  1. Okay, good luck.
    DubChef and Gawadrolt like this.
  2. See, this is the crux of the problem.

While an opinion itself can not be wrong. The basis of the opinion can be, making the opinion invalid. It is akin to stating something like "In my opinion mercury has curative powers." While the fact that it is their opinion and may not be wrong, facts, as well as medical science has proven this an invalid opinion.

I laid out the facts to help educate and inform. Do with them as you wish. By stating that nothing can be done to change your mind amuses me. I have strong beliefs in just about everything, however I would never say that my mind could not be changed. I'm not that ignorant.
  3. I'm sorry you feel the need to insult people because they believe differently than you. I hope that changes in the future.
    DubChef, Gawadrolt and kitten3101 like this.
  4. I had every intention of staying out of this debate, but I think there's one message that everyone needs a refresher on.

(1:16 "Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them, Frodo? Do not be too eager to deal out death and judgement."

I've seen good arguments for and against capital punishment, and death for the man in question specifically. Personally, I'm indifferent to the verdict - whether a slow death in a cage or a swift one at the hand of the State, he's still a dead man in the end.

You worry me, Marshmallow, and not for the first time. Without intending offense, I wish for wisdom and temperance to find you swiftly - and until it does, avoid careers in law enforcement or the military.

I'm abstaining from the rest of the conversation, since the "conspiracy theory" stuff is reminding me too much of 9/11 "truthers" and those morons who think the moon landings were faked.
    ShelLuser, jkjkjk182, Pab10S and 7 others like this.
  5. But then does this not make you just as bad as the person you are killing? He would kill someone without a moments hesitation, so that makes you just as bad.
    Gawadrolt, 607 and Kephras like this.

6. You misunderstand me. I don't wish to kill anyone ever, but if I am given the task to carry out his sentence? I see no problem in this. You guys see me as a kind of merciless killer, but no. There are people that will vouch. I am in the right place. No need to treat me like a child.
    JesusPower2 likes this.
  7. How was that not supposed to offended me?
  8. Sorry for the late response, but Tamerlan was alive when captured by the police. However, he was critically injured prior to apprehension; possibly by gunfire, being hit by an SUV, or both. He was transported to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, where he was soon pronounced dead.
  9. "It's just my opinion."
    AmusedStew, 607 and georgeashington like this.
  10. Forgot to quote the person. Silly me. I am trying to ask
    that question.
    boozle628 likes this.
  11. Yes, he should.

I live in a country without the death penalty who cannot implement it because of the European Union. Many people here want it brought back - our government have the audacity to put people like John Venables (who tortured and killed a 2 year old child with his friend, whom I have forgot the name of) back into the world with a new identity.

I say people should be killed if they have committed atrocities like the Boston bombing - as long as the person killing them through whatever method they kill them through talks to them and hears their last words. I will now quote Eddard Stark from A Song of Ice and Fire...
    "You owe it to a man to look at his eyes and hear his last words if you're killing him. If you cannot do that, then maybe he does not deserve to die."

Also I can't make a proper post until I get my internet back sometime this week, so... more coming then :p
    ScarTheNinja likes this.
  12. And you misunderstand me as well. It doesn't matter who is on the receiving end of your wrath here, the statement you've made is that you would willingly, without hesitation or regret, take the life of someone else. Killing should never be taken so lightly, for any reason.
    I get that you were personally affected by the attack - it's for that exact reason you should take a big step backwards and examine your position on all of this. Condemning someone as vehemently as you have is an emotional response, not clear rational thinking, and not the "right place" for literal life-or-death decisions.
    To be perfectly clear: If, with his next breath, Dzhokhar were about to take more innocent lives and death was the only way to stop him, then yes - kill, without hesitation. But that's not the case here. He's already locked up and awaiting a jury to decide between execution or life in prison. You're talking about ending someone in cold blood, as punishment for what they've done, and that is something that bears close personal scrutiny.
    ShelLuser, jkjkjk182, mba2012 and 6 others like this.
  13. I have experience. I have experience with these people. You do NOT understand how these people are. What their mindset is. But I do. And that is why I would execute without pause. Because people like Dzhokhar are EVIL. People like him have hurt me personally. They have KILLED my family members. I have lost many lives to people like him. All because of something their crackhead leader said? Putting him in prison is a good way. But not the best. Even in prison he will have power. He will be an idol for many other terrorists and insurgents. The only way to be sure, Make sure he doesn't see the light of day. Cruel? Yes. But sadly, It is the only way to make sure he doesn't influence more people of his kind.

Another thing, You have offended me greatly. "Do not join the military"? That is my plan. I am going to join the military. I have already enlisted. Before you offend someone like this realize where their mind is. I know that killing is horrible. I don't want to EVER kill anyone. EVER. But if I have to? If this person is a threat to the people I love? Then yes. I will kill. And I will stand in front of god with my decision.
    JesusPower2 and C_McFly like this.
  14. You think I don't know that?
    As I said in my first post, slow death or fast, doesn't matter, he's a dead man with no chance of freedom or daylight. What you're talking about is executing someone in cold blood, because emotionally you feel you are morally justified in doing so. You're acting on the same faith-based conviction they are, so yes that makes me very concerned for you.
    There are thousands of people on the other side of this world saying these exact same things, right now.
    About people like you.
    Consider that very carefully, Marshmallow.
  15. Evil is a relative term, and a matter where you stand in your beliefs and morals. As Kephras said, there are millions of people all over the world that think American's are Evil and wish to do harm to us for the same reason as you seek the death penalty for Tsarnaev. Actually, now that I rationalize it out, Tsarnaev's own justification for the bombing is the same as this reasoning for putting him to death.

Evil/Good/Righteous/etc are all relative matters. If we based the death penalty off of this, where would we draw the line? Should we kill homosexuals because what they do is evil to some? Should we kill people polygamists because we see that as evil? Should we kill the doctor that helps with assisted suicide?
  16. I'm going to stop you right there. What Dektirok said above is very good, but I'm going to extend on that a bit.

Personally I think it is very likely that Tsarnaev is the complete opposite of evil. He is confused and misled. Because of the actions of a few, truly evil people, much of western society has alienated an entire people of the same or similar faith. This alienation has made them much more susceptible to the propaganda of groups such as Islamic State. And that is the main cause behind terrorism. You labelling him as "EVIL" is only adding to the problem, and fuelling the hatred they have for western society.
    jkjkjk182, 607 and Gawadrolt like this.
  17. Sorry to bump this old thread... :oops:

This just in yesterday.
    Dzhokhar Tsarnaev Given Death Penalty in Boston Marathon Bombing.
    FDNY21, boozle628 and Bro_im_infinite like this.
  18. Horrible.

Just murder allowed by the U.S.
    mba2012, boozle628 and 607 like this.
  19. But here is another thought for all of you to consider...

Does he die as a Criminal or as a Martyr to his cause(.whatever that may be)?
    TechNinja_42 likes this.
  20. Criminal. He killed people which is illegal (please don't start the Governments kill people discussion). America is religiously free. If anything, Christians are typically killed in Eastern countries for being a martyr.