The Boston Bomber and the Death Penalty

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Gibabyte, Apr 9, 2015.

?

Should Dzhokhar Tsarnaev be put to death?

Yes 47 vote(s) 52.2%
No 43 vote(s) 47.8%
  1. 1) I don't think he will ever feel bad for what he's done, it's just not in him. However, he will suffer in prison, and that is what a lot of people want to happen.

2) He will be in solitary confinement, both for the sake of justice, and to keep him safe. He will have no entertainment, no privileges, nothing. He will have his thoughts, his clothes, and a very dark, cold room.

3) Due to all the appeals, legal hoops to jump through, and a thousand other things, it is more expensive to put someone to death than to keep them in prison. That is just a proven fact.

4) When he dies, few will remember who he was, so his death will be almost meaningless. No group will celebrate his "martyrdom", because in their eyes, he did not die for the cause. He died in a American prison, a failure.

Before we go any further, I just want to make clear that I respect what you are saying, and you make a good case, I just don't believe that the death penalty is acceptable.
  2. There is video of him placing a bomb next to a 8 year old boy that died from his injuries. His sister was also seriously injured. The father that was there had to decide whether to comfort his son as he lay dying or try to save his sister's life. The 8 year old boy had to die alone as he called out to his father. What do you think the father thinks should happen to him?
  3. Is there a link to this video?
    DubChef and 607 like this.
  4. I have seen it on the news. I'm sure you can search for it and get it. It was used at the trial.
  5. That is a poorly photoshopped photo, not a video.
    DubChef likes this.
  6. FDNY21 likes this.
  7. DubChef likes this.
  8. Why were they ready to fight the authorities? Why did they carjack an innocent person? Why did the alive brother write that message on the boat? Why did they both download extremist material, including bomb making tutorials? Why were there excess materials and by-products of made bombs where they lived? Is it just coincidence that they happened to have a bomb made from the exact same materials (chemically and brand wise) that they threw at police (seen in picture 9 of 15)? Why would their friends admit to giving them the gun that killed an innocent MIT security officer if they were innocent? There is also supposed to be images showing them actually placing the backpacks near the kid that died because of the bombing.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...c-evidence/jfO3kBZyH6bKFLlj9LTXoI/story.html#
    Looking at the video at the bottom, you can clearly see them with the backpacks. At around 7:40, you see him start to make his way away from the explosion area, with no backpack. There were no other bags found near the bombing. The bombs were not incendiary, they were shrapnel (made to maim), so any bags in the area of the bombing would have still been more recognizable than those housing the bombs (no bags near the bombs could have burnt up).

For me, that is enough evidence to prove guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. The scope of this case is larger than the instant the bombs went off, and if you look at the correct scope, he is guilty.

I know this will not persuade you; it has been proven multiple times that those with strong beliefs will only become further entrenched when presented by evidence coming from a majority/institution/etc. This is just evidence/views for other people to consider.
    ShelLuser, mba2012, 607 and 5 others like this.
  9. The kid could of walked away at any moment in the time following up to the events of the Boston Bombing but he choosed to follow through and he knew what was the outcome. So do I feel sympathy that he's getting the death penalty and not rotten in a cell for rest of his life. Nope, not at all and before someone replies back to me saying "well Dwight, every human has a right to live." This is true but he forfieted his rights after killing innocent human beings. I could go on about this case but it get repeatedly after awhile so I just leave it at that.
  10. Forgot to mention, he plead not guilty. I think by this sentence what you actually were referencing was the note maybe? Many articles say that he "allegedly admitted to everything to the FBI" but there is no recording anywhere, and all interviews are recorded.

Those are both "slideshows" of the picture you already showed me.
    DubChef likes this.
  11. The answers I have clearly won't satisfy you. I'm just saying, I watched a lot of the live parts and there is something very wrong with the entire story. Didn't mean to double post, but I was making another post while you replied I guess.
    DubChef and kitten3101 like this.
  12. Nothing wrong with double posting in this circumstance, it was a fast moving discussion. I don't mean to be rude, but I haven't seen any answers from you yet. I have seen you post multiple times claiming that things don't add up, or that there is no pure (for lack of a better word) evidence. Those are not answers, those are suspicions. Suspicions are personally held. Evidence and answers are set in stone facts or highly back-able claims.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  13. What the hell? You are clearly wrong, He is guilty. Why do you keep fighting it? There is more then enough proof.
  14. I'm sorry. Which questions would you like me to specifically answer? Most of the "evidence" presented is speculation, not actual tangible evidence.

I disagree with your opinion and I'm not fighting anything.
    DubChef and 607 like this.
  15. http://www.businessinsider.in/Why-t...-the-court-he-did-it/articleshow/46842957.cms

Here is another link. His attorney did plead not guilty but did not argue his participation in the bombing. It was all about trying to show that his brother was the mastermind and he felt compelled to participate based on his relationship with his brother. That was done in hopes of keeping him from being executed. Even his attorney did not try to dissuade the jury from his guilt.
  16. I am not sure but if i did ill say no.

You shouldnt kill someone because of a terriost attack its wrong to do something like that but they should be in prison to pay because that way they get upset for doing it or maybe they die before they set release. Like Yousif (1993 WTC attack) He got send to 200 something years for it. So In my opinion Jail till death is better.

Also he should die because if he got rid of a life he should lose his life. But he should be in Prison in my opinion.
  17. When in Colorado, two men are seen shooting up a theatre and within hours its one man, then in an elementary school two men are seen fleeing the school then one man is charged then both events are used for political nonsense and become an obvious dog and pony show, not to mention almost everything that ever graces that boob tube, to question the reality of anything stated by it when it has proven to be the fountain from which lies pour, could be called suspicion, then again it could be called experience and not forgetting the obvious. "News stories" come from hollywood. Hollywood even laughs at those that would believe anything from their mystical light box when they show exactly what they do with their colbert puppet for months over and over again, one of the most highly watched television shows pretty much ever. To stake such an emotional claim in anything that comes from media is going to be disappointing for anyone that chooses to partake. Instead of spreading the insanity we could instead be educating people on the difference between revenge and justice(or anything else positive or educational you could take from), like several here have when talking about such STORIES. What actually happened, you DO NOT know, regardless of how many cnn specials you watch, how many internet pictures you pull up, no matter how many interviews you read or click bait links you post. At any rate, would you murder someone(or endorse sanctioned murder as long as you don't have to pull the lever) isn't really a poll so much as it is playing devils advocate and its disturbing.
    georgeashington likes this.