The Boston Bomber and the Death Penalty

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Gibabyte, Apr 9, 2015.

?

Should Dzhokhar Tsarnaev be put to death?

Yes 47 vote(s) 52.2%
No 43 vote(s) 47.8%
  1. I have to agree with Blacknight and Ubercorq. He will be locked up in a maximum security prison in solitary confinement. I feel that that is the best punishment for his crimes because he is forced to live with it forever. Even if he doesn't care, the insanity of living for decades in one room with nothing but your thoughts and knowing that nothing else will happen must be terrible. According to a news outlet I was listening to, the prison will be exactly as I described. Some people here are saying that he would have his life all taken care of, but is simply being kept alive every day so the people you hate can watch you suffer really a life anyone would want? Sure the first year might not be too bad for him, but he could be in there for decades. Imagine being stuck with no way to do anything. No way to communicate. No way to learn what is going on beyond your small little room alone with you and your thoughts. To take away someone's future and life while forcing them to see their one life slowly slip away into inevitable nothingness while they have nothing to do but reflect on this seems like the worst punishment people can give.
    BlackKnight1021 likes this.
  2. I've meant to offend no one,

I believe he should be put to death. But if he is going to spend his entire life without seeing the light of day? I'm good with that. If he is gonna go insane, Then lets have fun with it. Lets make him write a letter every day apologizing for what he has done to each and every person that he killed. But they have to be different then the last. Or we could fill his room with mirrors.
  3. If we are talking about ways in order to make his life miserable, the one thing that can drive him to his peak insanity would be us being "nice" and compassionate to him. I am not suggesting that this would be something that should be done, but imagine how the mind would react to kindness? Every moment of human contact would bring up the thought "Why are they doing this to me? They hate me!", and every moment between contact would be filled with the anticipation and hope that we would lose our humanity and prove to him that we aren't any better than him (in his mind, from his perspective). It would be a life filled with constant stress, disappointment, and pure insanity.

The actual reason I support the death penalty in this case is because I highly doubt it will still be around when his time comes. Twenty years from now, I suspect the death penalty will abolished in the US. But, if we sentence him to death, and the death penalty is gone, he can only be disappointed by the outcome.
  4. IMO, if people aren't allowed to kill people on the streets, why can the government kill people who do?

However, if he is to be imprisoned, he should be living in appropriate conditions with proper support. Because, let's be honest, what's the point of having a war against terrorism if the government can't even keep people in its own country in acceptable living conditions (because that's what this "war" is meant to be about isn't it? Saving people from terrible conditions).

Here in Australia, we haven't had the death penalty for decades, and we don't have any more crime now than we did then. And why continue to sentence people to death, when most of the studies into the effectiveness of the death penalty show that it doesn't have any effect. People still continue to commit these crimes, so it's obviously not stopping people.
  5. Isn't this a bit of an adult subject? I am imagining children accidentally reading it ( like myself).

Anyway, I do believe he should die.
    Krysyy, maybe we could work death and suffering in together...
    ^Toto's non-serious side^
  6. He can be murdered, in my opinion. But the executor should be someone who has not done anything wrong in their entire lives.
  7. Uber_corq you have seriously just became my favorite staff member. To me, wishing death on anyone is sickening. I am a US army vet and it doesn't matter who you kill, it does NO good. It is disturbing to see many of these comments on a very deep level. Sadistic. Thats what a lot of this here is. Either that or parroting and either way, its sad.
    mba2012, 607 and MrsWishes like this.
  8. This also makes me, once again, question the emc staff's judgement on what should(or should not rather) be discussed on this forum. wonder how long before it happens again? Last time was less than a month ago.
    ThaKloned likes this.
  9. Should ask that guy who was just found to be wrongly accused and sitting on death row for 40 years if the death penalty is a good idea. Thank god we got rid of that idiotic practice here in Canada.
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  10. We are having a discussion that is on every major news station, all I have to do is turn on the new or go to a news website and I will find some kind of discussion about it. The staff's judgement has nothing to do with it, krysyy herself posted her opinion. You chose to click on the thread an d read past the poll question. Friendly debate here, we are causing no harm to the community talking about this.
  11. "friendly debate" about taking people's lives... thats just a bit ironic, don't you think? Yes, she did. I don't recall anything stating that: if kryssy responds to it then it must be kosher for little kids to read and ponder on. nope, never read that.

Edit: then debate with the tv?
  12. Personally, I believe that this is a fine topic to be discussed. Without discussions like this, people will never become fully aware of issues such as this and never fully develop their own opinion. The EMC staff reserve the right to remove the topic, but I think it would be unwise of them. However, it should be carefully watched, because it can very quickly descend into chaos if someone says something stupid enough.
    jkjkjk182, nfell2009 and 607 like this.
  13. Quite a lot of you... really?

You want to make his life miserable?

Let him live. He should be able to get out of prison after a few years or so.
  14. ... because that hasn't already been done... fine topic to be discussed, somewhere else perhaps. If this even happened how it has been portrayed. If it wasn't just some gas pipe exploding and all the people that are invested in that company created this "story" as a cover up. its ridiculous honestly and no one knows what happened anyways. to be leading children to crying for death and the vengeance of hell is beyond ridiculous. Once again, there is a thread here that someone with half a brain should have seen and been like... yeah maybe we should just get rid of this and dodge that bullet. Nope, instead its: lets cultivate the insanity.
  15. meanwhile somewhere there is this ridiculous statement somewhere that "drama" will be removed.. aint that a joke?
  16. Sorry, but I don't see any drama here yet. Opinions were shared, a good discussion was held. The only thing close to drama so far have been your posts (no offence). I honestly think you'd do better not posting in this thread anymore.
    mba2012, Kephras and jkjkjk182 like this.
  17. not killing people makes you look like a girl

no way

someone deserves to die
    the death penalty is no big deal, just part of the process
    we HAVE to kill people

your right 607... i didn't even touch the second page. if you want to be censored so be it, everyone else is cool crying for murder but how dare I question the sanity of even approaching such a notion
  18. Either death or kept in a cell for the rest of his life. Like jkjkjk182 said; he should feel the pain off what he has caused to others.
    FDNY21 likes this.
  19. I do not think he should be put to death, because I do not think he committed this crime.
    DubChef likes this.
  20. I appreciate your opinion. I can tell you right now I have had this discussion many many times with multiple people who have different opinions (most like yours). The point is that you and I will never agree on this no matter what is said. So, I suggest you try and find that video evidence of him planting the bomb. You will find video evidence of him walking with a backpack, like hundreds of other people were also doing, but you will not find video evidence of him "planting the bomb."
    DubChef, ThaKloned and Gawadrolt like this.