The Boston Bomber and the Death Penalty

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Gibabyte, Apr 9, 2015.

?

Should Dzhokhar Tsarnaev be put to death?

Yes 47 vote(s) 52.2%
No 43 vote(s) 47.8%
  1. He's both, it just depends on who you ask. Decades of appeals and legal hocus-pocus await him before ever facing execution though.
    jkjkjk182 and FDNY21 like this.
  2. LOL

Was not gonna start that conversation!! I am a Hawk and proud of it btw. But there are people in the world that will see his death as a cry for more violence against the USA and use it as an example for their own religious end game.
  3. I'd just like to say I'm happy about the Boston bomber being sentenced to death. The people who sentenced him to death are doing it for all the wrong reasons though: so here's my view on it...

I support the death penalty, as long as that person killed multiple people. In the case of the Boston bombings: this man is partly (fully? I'm not sure) responsible for the deaths of three people and the ruining of other's through crippling them for life. As long as Tsarnaev fears death, its only right that he dies too IMO. If someone did that to me or a family member, I'd want them dead if they feared it (which most people do). If they didn't fear it, I'd want them thrown in solitary confinement for life and driven insane, like that guy involved in the 9/11 attacks, whom I have forgotten the name of.

The death penalty should not be built to discourage criminals. It should be built to make someone who has taken multiple (multiple - not just one) lives from people pay with their own in my opinion (and only if there's a whole ton of evidence stacked up against them). Oh, and it should be used as a counter-measure to make sure serial killers don't escape prison and beat someone's head in with a crowbar... again.

When I start paying taxes (assuming I end up making enough to pay them :p), I don't want my money going towards keeping people even worse than Mark Bridger, who goaded a little girl into his car and then cut her up in his house, alive.
  4. Let's keep the hate towards the U.S. to a minimum?
  5. everyone in here talking about everyone deserves life, sure thats all fine and dandy in the imagination land you live in. but him and others like him want nothing more then to take your's or my life. frankly the way i see it is, if you wanna kill someone you had best be prepared to die for it. and if someone wants to kill me they better want to live more then i do cause ill win that fight.
    SoulPunisher, JesusPower2 and wisepsn like this.
  6. posts liek this are what i was talking about in our pm kitten
  7. How even... the poll says 30 | 30

and that is true - there's always two sides to everything...

saying yes to death penalty makes the person who puts them down no better than the person who did the bombing...

it's the same with individuals in the army, navy, marines, street gangs - anyone .....

If you shoot someone no matter the cause, you're a murderer ... (self defence or saving others - it's no different, there's always alternatives)

Killing individuals for killing others makes you no better than them...

----

On the flip side, I always felt like it was a waste of government money having someone in jail just sitting there - if they're in there for life - or have the death penalty ...

It would save us all some money just to go ahead and kill them instead of paying for 3 meals a day and a place to stay

---

The one's in prison 'not' on the death penalty - don't pay for their meals either ... make them work for their own food ... they did the crime they do the time ... time as in time working, not sitting in your little jail cell being in luxary.
    kitten3101 and southpark347 like this.
  8. Any time people can calmly talk about needing to end another life, something has gone very, very wrong.
  9. I really hope you are joking. I REALLY hope you are joking. I dare you to accuse the people that keep you safe as murderers one more time.
  10. To be fair, the U.S (among other countries who make up their own rules and don't follow those set by the Red Cross) do order drone strikes and stuff on towns full of innocent people. That should qualify as murder.
    607, kitten3101, BailiB and 2 others like this.
  11. For everyone who thinks the death penalty is something we need more of, I'll make you a deal.

You get to do it. You get to pull the switch.

You also get to intern at a law office that specializes in wrongful convictions, and you get to deal with the hundreds of people who are on death row that offices like that have proven were convicted using false evidence, terrible witness accounts, and generally bad investigation and prosecution work. People who confessed under duress in interrogation after being lied to by police or are mentally unstable enough to confess to things they couldn't possibly have done.

Have fun.
  12. Drone strikes on enemy positions isn't murder. We only launch if we know that we are shooting at the bad guys.
  13. We might shoot at bad guys, but in the process innocent civilians die as well. I understand having to get rid of bad people, but we should recon the area until the enemy moves to a more secluded area and then blow them to hell.

Just my understanding of this whole thing.
    kitten3101 likes this.
  14. are you offering me two jobs? sounds fun
  15. Let's keep the hate towards a murderer to a minimum?
    607, x7mx and SoulPunisher like this.
  16. I never asked anyone to stand up for me ... nor do I think us meddling in other's affairs is something I find is useful...

I am not kidding, and I consider shooting anyone murder... period.
    SoulPunisher, BailiB and mba2012 like this.
  17. I hate to be nit picky, but murder is a legal term and isn't being used correctly. Soldiers are legally allowed to kill when deemed reasonable, just like someone who is defending themselves can.
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  18. You say this, but look at Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Sure we were "shooting at the bad guys" but far too many innocent people were harmed to positively justify an atomic bomb attack. There were more innocent people harmed in this than were guilty, you can't argue that it wasn't murder.
    607, kitten3101, cadenman2002 and 3 others like this.
  19. 'legal' ... 'illegal' ... it's all the same - just because you have a label under your name calling yourself 'soldier' doesn't deem yourself a god over others... it's still morally the same, and you still killed an individual.

If someone tries killing me, or killing another person, and I shoot and kill them - put me in jail .... there are alternatives, like calming the individual, toying with his mind mentally, using martial arts, throwing a baseball in their face, tazing them .... anything - but murder? No, I don't think that's necessary...

---------

This isn't about soldiers though, this is about whether the bomber should be put to death ...

No, i think he needs to do some work for the country until he dies....

Just killing him now, what good would he do to us - he needs to do something productive....