That moment when....

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by WayneKramer, Jul 11, 2015.

1. That moment when you make a strange contraption and aren't really sure if it's safe to use...

(for the record: I don't think it is and put up a warning sign).
  2. voice of maurice from little mermaid "how is this accomplished?!

that moment when even though you're 28, your mum just gets you...

ShelLuser and Keliris like this.
  3. I did cheat a little by drinking a potion while making this ;)

A few months ago I learned about ladders blocking water. It's really simple laws of Minecraft physics: there can only be one block at a certain location, and although ladders look flat they actually consist of one whole block (same applies to doors, slabs, fences, etc.). This is why its useful to bring a door with you when you go underwater. Once placed it will push the water away and allows you to breethe.

So this time I wanted to test that theory in the nether. Also to dispute a discussion I had that these huge lava lakes would run all the way down to bedrock (which they don't; the bottom consists of new layers of netherrack).

And this is the result ;)
    welshficwitch and 607 like this.
  4. i use fences underwater for that very reason! but thought lava would burn the fence! also could not work out how you'd placed it! potion makes great sense!
    ShelLuser likes this.
  5. Nope! :) I don't think fences are flammable. Chests aren't either, even though they're made out of wood too!
    Just like pressure plates, trapdoors, boats, ladders, doors... quite a lot of wooden things can't burn, actually, it doesn't really make sense :p

ShelLuser and welshficwitch like this.
  6. fences burn though, i've seen them in abandoned mineshafts on fire...

though...yeah, never seen one burn to nothingness... noted!
    ShelLuser and 607 like this.
  7. Well, everything can be set on fire. I've seen grass blocks "burning" often enough. But it doesn't burn up, is the thing. I think the only blocks that truly disappear because of fire damage are wool, leaves, wood, planks and probably wooden slabs now too (there was a bug quite long ago where wooden slabs would act like stone).
    Oh, and tnt is a completely separate case, of course... ;)
    ShelLuser and welshficwitch like this.
  8. I coulda told you that, I make nether tunnels at y=5 all the time >_>
  9. Yeah, but if you would've told him that, he wouldn't have had something interesting to do ;)
  10. That moment when you're in the biggest group ever on EMC.... And your the group leader/founder

That moment when Aikar breaks things... badly

That moment when you troll staff

That moment when Alphaea mutes an innocent
  11. Server 2 looks amazing!
  12. That moment when you fill 18201 gardens with boats and just have boat wars with skyman1212 and AnonReturns... c:
  13. That moment when you are so bored that you come here to write something down...
  14. That moment when shelly had 2 much 2 eat ^.^

welshficwitch likes this.
  15. ...after five months of using Mumble, you finally discover that you don't have to hold down push-to-talk.
    *facedesk*
    Tigerstar, ShelLuser and SteamingFire like this.
  16. that moment when...

you find a new answer to everything...

http://lmgtfy.com/

"How do I set up a shop?"
    "What's the code to let someone do something on my res?"
    "How do I use the map?"
    "What's mumble?"
    ShelLuser and PenguinDJ like this.
  17. That moment when...

A momentus drops a momentus toothpick AND a momentus helmet :eek:
  18. That moment when you find out that some of these moments were completely made up -.-
  19. WHAT?!

i am shocked! shocked! scandalised!

mine aren't btw...*grin* i'm not that creative!
  20. Was this an event?