Tea talk

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by AncientTower, Oct 19, 2016.

?

Do you drink Tea?

Hot tea 30 vote(s) 39.0%
Iced tea 9 vote(s) 11.7%
both 19 vote(s) 24.7%
Only when I'm not drinking my shaken martini 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Coffee for life 6 vote(s) 7.8%
I love flavored water 8 vote(s) 10.4%
Emilio Estevez: The Mighty Duck dude 5 vote(s) 6.5%
  1. I actually haven't drank tea in a while, huh. Perhaps I should start doing so more often, it could be a support!
    AncientTower and khixan like this.
  2. I've been drinking a lot of chamomile recently, along with Oolong. My QuranTea Count is currently at 120 cups (I've drank 120 cups of tea during quarantine so far. It started of with me just counting my tea for fun, but someone challenged me three weeks in or so and y e a h, I'm winning right now)
    liamwill, AncientTower and khixan like this.
  3. How long has your quarantine been going what the flip

I’m on day 17 since the UK’s lockdown and I’ve only drank at least 51, 68 at most.
    AncientTower, khixan and CatNapInn like this.
  4. Quarantine started on March 16th, so it's day 27 I think
    AncientTower likes this.
  5. I don't drink out of small dainty tea cups because they are to pretty to use. I drink my tea from Lord Of The Ring chalices.

liamwill and wafflecoffee like this.
  6. That looks impressive. :p What's the writing on the rings at the bottom?
    Also, I'm finding it hard to get a sense of scale for this thing, even though your hand's in the picture. :p
    AncientTower likes this.
  7. It says December 2001, was a Lord of the Rings promotional item Burger King offered when the movie came out to theaters. Oh! and the height of the chalice is 6 inches.

Both pictures are from the internet.
  8. There's actual writing on the rings. :p I guess it's in one of the languages of Middle-earth.
    AncientTower likes this.
  9. Earl Grey and Matcha. But actually Lady Grey is the best.
    liamwill likes this.

10. Bought some of this at the store the other day, it is honestly the only tea I will drink... can you even consider it tea?... lol
    LittleRobotSeffy likes this.
  11. I’m a die hard DavidsTea drinker. I love their “basic” teas; your earl gray, orange pekoe, and chai tea. But they also have these wonderfully weird flavours like hot chocolate, coconut macaroon, French toast, or birthday cake. My favourite teas from them (top 5) would have to be:

1. Earl Gray. It’s a classic tea for a reason. Tasty as heck.
    2. Orange Pekoe. Same as above.
    3. Hot Chocolate. Comforting, sweet, makes me feel happy. It’s good. I like it.
    4. Coffee. Real coffee makes me jittery, and traditional tea doesn’t have enough caffeine to be a morning drink. In comes coffee tea, which has a perfect Goldilocks amount of caffeine, tastes better than real coffee, and is just better in every aspect. I do still like coffee though.
    5. Saigon Chai. Has an acrid, nearly spicy tang to it. You almost feel this tea when you’re drinking it. Very tasty as well. Sweet. Also, I like that the loose leaf stuff has little spheres of bright red spice in it. Makes me think of holly berries.
    LittleRobotSeffy likes this.
  12. That looks more like coffee to me. :confused: But I don't know, I have only seen coffee a few times in my life. :p Certainly doesn't look like tea, though. Or is that on top in the serving suggestion not the actual drink, but some kind of cream that flows on top?
    jacob5089 likes this.
  13. It's likely the actual drink. You're somewhat right about it being coffee - a chai tea latte adds steamed milk to black tea similar to how a latte adds steamed milk to espresso. It's usually a more rich / creamy drink than a traditional cup of tea, which many people prefer.
    607 and AmusedStew like this.
  14. With the hot weather in having this week. I’ve been enjoying some southern sweet tea.
    khixan and liamwill like this.
  15. I like a cuppa tea couple times a day. PG Tips is the brand because there isn't plastic in the bag and because I like the flavor. I leave the tea in the pot right down to the last cup. Then add a little whole milk.

Ah, it's time to put the kettle on.
    607 and khixan like this.
  16. Nearly three months late to this but I'm in shock and awe right now. This is the first time I've seen an American talk about drinking black tea the proper way using an actual great brand of tea bags. I'm so used to seeing stuff like "Look at my tea!!! I'm so British xDD" and then they drink plain black tea made with Lipton tea bags (which taste like absolute crap nobody drinks that over here just saying).
    607 and farmerguyson like this.
  17. Personally the letter T is nice, but i feel that the letter P is superior.
  18. Just as a thing I still drink tea every day. Today I had an herbal that makes my burps smell like roses, which is really nice in the mask I have to wear at work, and also Earl Grey.
    607 and UltiPig like this.
  19. I drink green tea mixed with chamomile tea and honey (every day).
  20. Every day?