Tea talk

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by AncientTower, Oct 19, 2016.

?

Do you drink Tea?

Hot tea 30 vote(s) 39.0%
Iced tea 9 vote(s) 11.7%
both 19 vote(s) 24.7%
Only when I'm not drinking my shaken martini 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Coffee for life 6 vote(s) 7.8%
I love flavored water 8 vote(s) 10.4%
Emilio Estevez: The Mighty Duck dude 5 vote(s) 6.5%
  1. I just came across a certain picture in a captcha... Green tea has actually got a green colour? :eek:
    AncientTower likes this.
  2. Hot black tea FTW
    AncientTower likes this.
  3. Currently drinking an Orange Spice herbal blend my sister made for me... Hot dang it's Delicious. Perfectly steeped and just the right amount of sugar.
  4. The only type of tea I'll drink:
  5. I generally drink one cup of tea every day; in the morning. My dad always makes it for me, so I'm not 100% sure how he does it, but I believe it's the following:

Step 1: make hot water in the electric kettle.
    Step 2: put hot water in cup.
    Step 3: put teabag in cup. Possibly swirl it around a bit. Duration probably depends on how often it's been used already, but not more than 30-45 seconds or soish. Then remove teabag from cup.
    Step 4: wait for 5 years until it's finally not too hot so you don't burn your mouth off.
    Step 5: drink. In the morning I usually stand while drinking, because sitting down takes more time and I always leave too late. :p

Tea is yum.
    haastregt and 607 like this.

6. edit: before anyone says it's not related to tea because they've only watched the first 10 seconds, it is related to tea. :p watch the whole thing first
    MoreMoople and Kabloofne like this.
  7. Lately I've been drinking tea after showers. :)
    khixan and AncientTower like this.
  8. I personally quite like tea. I drink it in the morning, unless my dad hasn't made it for me, then I'm too lazy to make it myself. :p Always green tea, nothing in it but water (and obviously the tea bag for 10 seconds or so :p). Yum. :)

That looks a lot like some cups my aunt has! :D
    What device did you take the picture with - it's quite good. :p
    AncientTower and 607 like this.
  9. Really? Just my iPad (4th generation), and I didn't even try. :p
    Did you notice the coaster? ;)
    AncientTower likes this.
  10. Fun fact: she has taken those cups and a really old electric kettle all over the place so she could make her own tea in hotel rooms. :D Must say, it's really nice to wake up and be given a nice warm cup of tea when you're on holidays somewhere. :)

I figured it'd be your iPad yeah, couldn't think of anything else it could be. :p I now notice it doesn't look as good on my computer as on my phone - making pictures smaller sometimes makes them look exponentially better! Still gives off some sort of nice feeling (I don't really know how to explain it, it's just nice). :)

I did notice the coaster yes - don't know what special meaning it has though if it has any. :p
    607 and AncientTower like this.
  11. We have a TEA thread?!? Why was I not informed about this 2 years ago when it first appeared? How did I miss this?
    Thank goodness Rhy found it for me!!! <3 Thank you Rhy!

I love tea! It's actually pretty rare for me to meet a tea that I don't like :D

I buy from Harney and Sons (harney.com). Someone else mentioned them too. Their teas are great!
    Blood orange and Victorian London Fog are my favorites. I also love their blueberry green tea and Mother's Bouquet.

How don't I make my tea? I like a variety of preparations depending on the tea. For cold versions, I have a Mr. Coffee iced tea maker. It works like a percolator with loose tea. Just use a coffee filter in it.
    Victorian London Fog - Full 5 minute steep. I like this one STRONG. A little honey and hot frothed almond milk. I have this for dessert. It's like drinking a cupcake.
    Blood orange - 3 to 5 minute steep. This tea is so good, it needs nothing. Hot or cold, it works for either.
    Blueberry green - 5 minute steep. Might add a touch of honey. Again, this one is great hot or cold.
    Mother's Bouquet - 3 to 5 minute steep. Hot with honey. My bedtime tea.
    Tower of London - 3 to 5 minute steep. Treat like a very weak coffee. A little milk/cream, and sugar or honey. I have not tried this one cold. It's great hot in the morning to get me going.

I could keep going. And going. I love tea!
    607, AncientTower and Kabloofne like this.
  12. You're welcome <3
    I even made a meme to celebrate the occasion \o/
  13. What I wonder is how people can leave their teabags (/whatever) in the tea for longer than a minute? Whenever I accidentally do that, it is so strong, especially the bottom part, that doesn't taste that good anymore, and that my throat hates me for the coming minutes. :p I believe I always do approximately 15 seconds, plenty enough for me. :)
  14. Milk tea with boba is one of my new favs now. :)
  15. I LOVE Bubble Tea. It's like a smoothie/tea/tapioca bubble mix. It's soooo stinkin good.
    AncientTower and khixan like this.
  16. Please don’t kill me but I hate tea
  17. khixan and Stnywitness like this.
  18. I do. But I only drink black tea, if that makes a difference.

Kabloofne, Dufne, Stnywitness and 2 others like this.