[Survey] Player Ages (Years)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ForeverMaster, Oct 5, 2014.

?

How old are you in real life years?

6 or younger 4 vote(s) 2.2%
7 to 9 3 vote(s) 1.6%
10 to 12 9 vote(s) 4.9%
13 to 17 107 vote(s) 57.8%
18 or older 62 vote(s) 33.5%
  1. D0 Y0U HaV3 @ pR08l3m With L337 sp33K M@73?
  2. M9*
    Trapper777 likes this.
  3. I too started playing because my eldest son was! He started playing it about 4 years ago tho and didn't sell it well to me back then! :)
    Deadmaster98 likes this.
  4. You decided to play so he couldn't? That sounds weird :p
    Couldn't you just tell him that he wasn't allowed to play for a short while?
    highlancer54 likes this.
  5. I have noticed that alot of the older emc people are very nice, but recently most of the new people that join seem to be very rude, and its not me noticing this alot of older emc members i play with say the same thing.
  6. I have also noticed this with newer players in general
    battmeghs likes this.
  7. Since he is 9 I figured it be more of a punishment to see me having fun playing when he couldn't .. Plus I wanted to see what all the Minecraft "hype" was all about so i thought id try it ... kill 2 birds with one stone type of thing ...;)
    Deadmaster98 likes this.
  8. Until yesterday I would have disagreed, but then someone (mentions no names) was really out or order to another player for no reason, i actually felt the need to step in and stop it, which I did! They then were actually ok with the person they were being mean to! :)
    607, highlancer54 and Deadmaster98 like this.
  9. Those kind of things happen frequently now where they rarely occurred before :/
  10. Trolling on the Internet is getting out of hand, it's bang out of order and whenever I see people being little trolls I will step in, I hate bullies with a passion, they have no idea of the harm they cause to that person. When I see last year some time that a little 11 year old lad hung himself because of being bullied it brings tears to my eyes. Speak up and stand up to the bullies! You are ALWAYS going to be better than they are! :)
  11. Physical age - 16, soon to be 17
    Mental age - 12
    Maturity - What is this maturity you speak of?
  12. Maturity to me refers to your behavior compared to an optimal adult.

Questions to ask Yourself
    What skills and/or characteristics do you have that an optimal adult has?
    Do you communicate assertively?

"and so much more!":p
    highlancer54 likes this.
  13. Haha i think we share maturity levels when it comes to humoUr
    ClareMuss likes this.
  14. Well, I'm definitely one of the ancient ones, I'm 58.
    battmeghs and ClareMuss like this.
  15. I got the xbox360 version when MC first came out for it, played with my son (he was 7 at the time). Kinda fun.
    Then, he really wanted an account on the PC, so I figured, what the heck.
    Purchased an account, and 'tested' it out, as I was unsure how this server was for being family friendly.
    This testing lasted a lot longer as EMC was so awesome, and ended up getting him his own account.
    He still plays from time to time, but I get on whenever I have free time.
    Winter is the best, as with it being so cold and snowy, not being able to work outside, I warm up a cup of tea, and play for hours!
  16. For my family, the holiday season, November through December, is one of the most active time. I got multiple birthdays, Thanksgiving, and Christmas all in two months!

P.S. - Sorry for going off this thread's main topic.;)
  17. Impossible. See, it's like dividing by 0, if I have no maturity at all, then I can't even be on a level. The level which I reside on does not exist.
    Deadmaster98 likes this.
  18. That about sums it up, don't it?
    607, 72Volt, battmeghs and 2 others like this.
  19. I (sadly) can relate to this. I feel like we need to know the root cause though. Is it a change in the Minecraft demographic? Is it a difference in advertising/where the players are coming from? Is it our imaginations?