[Survey] Player Ages (Years)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ForeverMaster, Oct 5, 2014.

?

How old are you in real life years?

6 or younger 4 vote(s) 2.2%
7 to 9 3 vote(s) 1.6%
10 to 12 9 vote(s) 4.9%
13 to 17 107 vote(s) 57.8%
18 or older 62 vote(s) 33.5%
  1. I also started playing because of my oldest son. And his wife, her son, and my 3rd oldest son was playing. None of them play anymore. That was also about 4 years ago.
    ClareMuss likes this.
  2. What sold you on the game? I need to convince my mom to try it out . . .
    607 and ClareMuss like this.
  3. I guess for me, I had already hooked playing games, like Zelda, Final Fantasy, etc... This was something that I could do with my adult children and grandchildren. So, maybe tell her this is what you would like to do with her to spend time together.
    607 and BlackKnight1021 like this.
  4. i will be 24 in January.
    recently i've gotten 2 comments asking if i really play minecraft.. like why would i sign up if i didn't play? "we just don't have anyone that old here"
    well thanks buddy. :(
  5. :eek: Oh wow! Clearly we have plenty of oldies here! :)
  6. that is exactly what i said.. i was like, well, my minecraft home there are people 40+ at least.. so i am not used to this "too old" you speak of.. i doubt i'll return to play there. xD
    BevK56, ClareMuss and Deadmaster98 like this.
  7. There are "No Old People " on EMC. :p
    BevK56, ClareMuss and battmeghs like this.
  8. "12 or 13 years old and lacking respect and/or other positive behaviors." is what was stated in the main thread post. I find this slightly offensive, I don't lack respect, do I?
  9. As is perfectly natural, there's always room for improvement. Even I could find something to work on in respect to how I behave at all times. I have no judgement to pass on you though, because I don't know enough about you. However, the main post is speaking in general terms, and it's basically correct. I've met people of that age on both sides of the spectrum.
  10. If a person of any age can not find some way to improve themselves, then they are probably in their grave.
  11. This statement connects very well with this quote from Russian poet Leo Tolstoy::cool:

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself."

-Leo Tolstoy
    ClareMuss and Deadmaster98 like this.
  12. It's actually a rather large source of amusement (and pride xD) for me, where most people assume I'm far older than I am because of how my messages sound. Call me arrogant or whatever, but I'd call myself mature for my age. I'd account it to my grammatically correct messages anyway.
    I'm actually 15
  13. Both of my kids are well beyond "18 or older" ;)
    607 and ClareMuss like this.
  14. Interesting experiment. I'm surprised that people under the age of six play Minecraft at all. :confused:
    Deadmaster98 likes this.
  15. I get the impression that they aren't under six :p

I somehow doubt we have six year olds amongst us in the forums.
    607 and Calamochnus like this.
  16. Forums, maybe... <w<

As for the EMC multiplayer server itself... <13-year-olds are abound. ^^; Does it help that I actually know two people under 10? (For the record, they aren't 6, but one is 7 and the other is 9. owo')
    Deadmaster98 likes this.
  17. When someone told me they were 6, I was like, "Wait, how does he speak English then?" and then I realised some people have English as their first language... :p
  18. I should provide a bit more depth about the couple of kids I know on here... c:

The 9-year-old I actually befriended for a while, but said person couldn't be on much since school started back up~ Said person's really smart for their age and really bright/creative, though o.o (And this person's even been active on these forums before). But lately, they've been busier than a Combee. :p

The other person, the 7-year-old? Way different level of maturity. ^^;
    But I still consider this person a friend as well; they helped me and another friend of mine (who are both in my signature) fight off a couple of invading mobs near my tavern in Frontier :D
    ClareMuss likes this.