[Survey] Player Ages (Years)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ForeverMaster, Oct 5, 2014.

?

How old are you in real life years?

6 or younger 4 vote(s) 2.2%
7 to 9 3 vote(s) 1.6%
10 to 12 9 vote(s) 4.9%
13 to 17 107 vote(s) 57.8%
18 or older 62 vote(s) 33.5%
  1. I had to vote on the 18 and older group, well I didn't have to, but I don't lie. If you had an older group up there I would have voted on it.
    Clare you are still quite young compared to me, I'm 65, so yes all ages play minecraft and can enjoy it. Oh and I get to quite working next year as I will be retiring. :D
    Silken_thread, Olaf_C, 607 and 5 others like this.
  2. I'm also ancient ;)
    ClareMuss likes this.
  3. In all my years on the internet, I have always maintained impeccable grammar, even when I was very young. I occasionally see posts on my Facebook from two or three years ago where the grammar is truly awful, yet when I see my posts, the spelling and grammar is perfect.
    No leet speak for me.
    rock00888 and 607 like this.
  4. u wot m9 i alwayz spek wit teh best gammaa eva ye u get me ?????
  5. This post made my day! "You're never too old to play MineCraft!" Keeps the old brain ticking! :)
  6. I think most of you can work out my age from my Username :p, but if you are too lazy to i'm 16. As long as someone can formulate words and sentences i really don't care what age people are lol.
    highlancer54 and ClareMuss like this.
  7. I'm 15, and have been here since 13 years old. I really don't think it matters though, because I never felt an age gap between me and the older members (but I do have asperger, so that might have something to do it).
    When I joined I didn't speak English too well yet, but I learnt very quickly. I don't think there are too many too young(with too young I mean that they are just hard to talk with and understand) people on the forums (I'm looking at someone in my head right now, but won't mention >.>) but on the server in-game there are actually really many. I'm very inactive inside of minecraft, but even I have had those moments that you would almost laugh because of one's.. well, stupidness I would almost say. But if they grow up I hope that will change :)
    But seriously, does anyone here have problems with age gaps? Because to me it doesn't matter if the people I talk to are 15 or 23.
    It only starts to get weird if they're under 9. Because really, children under 9 most often just think very differently, and it's pretty interesting actually, in what kinds of conversation you can get. If they're nice that is, because there are also those 6 year old boys that just act in a very bad manner... But most of them actually aren't though. I've had great times with 8 year old girls, because it's not like they're stupid and rude. They just think and talk differently, which can make you feel awkward or make you laugh, but in the end it's not a problem at all :)
    So for me age gaps mostly just disappear on EMC. But in real life I also don't have that much problems, actually. But obviously EMC and real life still work very differently ;)
  8. I'll be 20 in January ;w;.

A word for the youth:
    Don't stop enjoying life and playing and imagining because when life decides to smack you in the face with responsibility, to put it bluntly, it sucks. Be you and be happy until you can't afford to do otherwise.
  9. I never thought age matters when it comes to minecraft or any other game similar really.
    I have a friend who has a eight year old son and he adds capitals, speaks with almost correct grammar, and periods.
    and my gosh this eight year old sounds like he is a scholar when talking, this kid knows what he is talking about!

anyways age doesn't matter on EMC i have friends that are 8 and Friends who are up to 67!
    ClareMuss and Byeforeverthe2nd like this.
  10. I may often behave professionally and like an adult, but I'm not to that age officially.:p
    Yes, it's a disguise to my real age, but in the teen-age years I've been going through hiding the fact is challenging. I was told several already that the teen-age years can be one of the most difficult periods of your life.

Correct. So far the age poll reflects this.
    Hmm...:rolleyes:
    I wonder if there's a way to get my information out into the EMC SMP servers like I can do already on the forums.

Typing large walls of text happens for me a lot for my forum posts.
    Some of my reasons are:
    1. I got a lot to say.
    2. I often think critically.
    607, ClareMuss and Deadmaster98 like this.
  11. I'm 17, turned in may
    Mirr0rr likes this.
  12. Woah, wait a minute, you are 35 and play video games?
    I thought that only 'kids' played video games! (shhhh i'm 35, also)
    I think that you will find out that there is a great variation of ages here on EMC, and many players in 'our age bracket'.:D
  13. Yeah I'm 35 and play video games! It's terrible isn't it? lmao! Beats doing my blooming ironing! :)
    Deadmaster98 likes this.
  14. Yes, its so terrib.b.bly great!
    Heck, this weekend I was ironing (by that I mean smelting iron ore; does this count? YES, it does!):D
    My weekend went:
    Wash dishes or harvest the wheat
    Replace heater core or go mining
    Sleep... or town chat!
    (items in red happened first, although the rest happened at some point (except maybe the sleep part))

I would love to see that 18+ option to turn into the following (or similar)
    18-22
    23-30
    30-40
    40-55
    55+
  15. I can't do that without making another thread I think.
    607 likes this.
  16. The human Luckygreenbird is 16. The real Lucky the green bird is 5.
    Referring to myself in 3rd person =D
  17. I am 28 and Love Emc ... I started playing minecraft a few months ago .. My son was being naughty and I decided to play so he couldn't . Haven't stopped since :oops:.. Lol !!! Glad to see i am not the only over 25er on here...
  18. Its a joke xD
    Gawd you guys are so serious.
    MrUnknownian likes this.
  19. Well, it's hard to tell when someone's being sarcastic when you can't hear their tone of voice.
    607 likes this.