[Survey] Player Ages (Years)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ForeverMaster, Oct 5, 2014.

?

How old are you in real life years?

6 or younger 4 vote(s) 2.2%
7 to 9 3 vote(s) 1.6%
10 to 12 9 vote(s) 4.9%
13 to 17 107 vote(s) 57.8%
18 or older 62 vote(s) 33.5%
  1. Hmm i know who the 9 year old is an i totally agree that said person is mature for the age, i think i know the 7 year old too but don't know the said person as well as the 9 year old :p
    ChrisFlareon likes this.
  2. That makes the both of us xD ...I just hope she "stays Frosty" -w-
    I know this is a horrible time to pun but eh xwx;

I'll just tell ya. :)
    The 7-year-old guy is Joshuabohmiscool,
    and our 3rd ally at the time was karkar651. (Before Josh came though, it was just kar and I, hunting for Enraged Mobs so I could get the 9th and final Fragment for the Dragon Stone I was working on, as well as shipping supplies to my tavern. ^^')
    Strangely enough, kar was the unintentional cause of most of the destruction around my tavern (Creeper fights, mayn); she's too reckless for her -- and our -- own good sometimes, I swear. xD (She managed to fight off some of them without causing their fuses to go off, though.) But she's a tough warrior and teammate nonetheless. :D (I also discovered that her res is only a couple blocks away from mine :D) I don't know how old she is, but I'm assuming she's still under 18, possibly still in high school and whatnot. Her favorite subjects are Algebra and P.E. and by Arceus she's good at them! ._.
    ClareMuss and 607 like this.
  3. Well if she does algebra she definitely isn't that young, though i would not say she is that old if she still likes algebra, my guess would be 13/14 ish xD
  4. I was thinking that, too. owo; Somewhere between the ages of 13-16. But since I respect her, I'd rather not just flat-out ask her age; it'd be intrusive and rather unorthodox o.o;

Besides, I at least owe her that much, since if it weren't for her I wouldn't have found an easier way to get more gold and XP... So, looking back on my somewhat older posts on these forums (referring to my now-abandoned introduction thread), I met karkar651 -- who told me about the aforementioned gold/XP farm -- way before I started becoming much more active on here. xD
    607 and Deadmaster98 like this.
  5. After 1,000 views, almost 15% of the viewers chose 13 years or older is their age.

No counting views, over 90% of the total votes were ages 13 years and older.

For users of the Empire Minecraft forums, this is pretty accurate. But, it's inaccurate for all players on EMC.

I think we would have better results if the more younger people in the community knew about this.
    The problem is the forums aren't necessary, and I think they don't have enough encouragement for more people to use them. If we can come up with a solution to this, I might post another thread like this one to reevaluate the diversity of ages in our community.

Anyway, thank you to everyone who participated in this survey!:cool:
    607 and ClareMuss like this.
  6. The data could change if you increase the sample size by asking players that don't use the forums... that would bring more accurate results...
  7. Perhaps incorporate it into the tutorial and count how many people choose different options?
    Byeforeverthe2nd likes this.
  8. 25 here :3
  9. 14 at this point, but around 11 or 12 at the joining time. Grammar was horrid, spelling was phenominael. That misspelling is a joke, by the way.
    607 likes this.
  10. I was around the same age I think, and much like you my grammar was horrendous (still haven't got the spelling down xD) But I was also completely immature(and innocent too, how times have changed. huehue), and it was ridiculous, in fact, I feel sorry for anyone who had to put up with me back then.
  11. Cool, so about 1 out of every 3 people aren't a minor :D I don't feel so old now!
    ewils likes this.
  12. You will nevar guess my age! muahahaha I am so good at tech (for my age) you will think I am I don't know... XP
  13. 11...
  14. nope (don't answer this xP)
  15. I was 11 at the time of joining EMC, and i'm now 14. Spelling was k, grammar was slightly less k, and maturity was waaay low.
    From the way you type; i'd say about 8-11. Everybody already knows your age anyway, though, so...
    607 and Deadmaster98 like this.
  16. I... I was never born at all
    Sarkhan-Voice-of-Dragons-from-Khans-of-Tarkir-Art.jpg
    (Bonus points if you get the reference) :rolleyes:
    BevK56 and ClareMuss like this.
  17. Hm, no... That would scare people away I think. Imagine a parent watching their kid doing the tutorial and them getting asked the question how old they are. What would they think?
  18. I am between the ages of 48 and 48 :D

I have been playing video games for a very long time and still enjoy them.
    ClareMuss and 607 like this.
  19. I ish 14! respect bruthas
  20. Yes! 100th person to vote 13-17 (Im 16 :p)