Supporting 1.3 Server Reset

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by autumnrain26, Jun 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This is not a good idea. How upset do you think people will be if they walked 50K from spawn for safety just to have an outpost show up in their back yard. Don't you think it would be more fair to make everyone start over - instead of a few unlucky folks?
  2. Jeb has not confirmed any details of the possible new version which might come out next week, or next month.

As for Cocoa - just try it then. Don't believe a wiki; actually try it.
  3. If you dont believe me, http://empireminecraft.com/threads/when-does-1-3-come-out.9986/#post-149273
    And you said it yourself that you could plant them in the snapshots... So now your going against yourself?
  4. I reiterate:
    There wouldn't be anyone in areas away from travel lines, unless they have hacked live map to not render. Live map renders traveled areas regardless of if you show on the live map or not.
  5. You will still be putting people who spent a lot of time and effort getting that far from a spawn point - next to spawn points.
  6. why wold the town be reset?
  7. i call it random land!!!
  8. How about I reword the "away from travel lines" to "the opposite directions of travel lines" so it would take 100k meters to get to these people.. It is essentially state the exact same thing as I meant when I was explaining it ICC. It would be different on each server.
  9. So why create another thread about it? Just sayin'

I see absolutely no point in all these threads. Can an OFFICIAL discussion PLEASE be set up, along with a vote? That way, no more threads will be created and maybe people can try and persuade people into voting for a reset (or for no reset) on an official thread.

Oh, and I do not support this reset.
    TheSpyPie, jkjkjk182 and Manglex like this.
  10. Your right Aikar people arent gonna join and say "Screw this theres no temples!!!" They're gonna join EMC and say "This is the best server. EVER."
  11. Cos it is! :p
    Manglex likes this.
  12. I'm not bothered about the reset either way, but it would be nice to have a fresh new wild. Just think of it as the biggest griefing ever.. except we know Justin is the culprit.. therefore we .. ban him? >.>

Plus, it's always been said the wild isn't safe.. that doesn't just mean griefers, but resets too. Yep.
  13. Well duh EMC is the best server ever. Everyone knows that.
  14. I've always wanted to say this: BAN!!
  15. Me? D:
  16. No, Justin :p

Sorry master Hayley!
  17. That's right my slave!
    Whipppsssshh!
  18. *yelps*

We should stop spamming this thread :p
  19. Look there isn't really that much of a need for a wild reset because with Justin's mega amazing powers he could probably make a plugin that randomly swaps stone blocks for the new ore. For the pyramids I don't see what the big deal is I mean all they are is sandstone and they'll be mined for resources so quick any ways so there's no point. As for the cocoa beans same thing as the emerald, Justin could make a plugin that at random places some on jungle trees in the wild. So this is my opinion on the subject matter whether anyone agrees with me or not...
    ~Stads
  20. Well with the "tool that randomly swaps stone" you have no chance. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.