[Suggestion] More Voters Items Past Streak #300

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Stnywitness, Aug 28, 2020.

?

Read post before voting: Should there be more items past streak 300?

YES! 28 vote(s) 100.0%
I don't think so... 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Sorry, but no. (please say why below) 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Currently dealing with the update (again), though I've been informed it should be faster because it's 'easier' at first glance. *Fingers crossed*

Post was made in reference to fun items and voting items in general. No surprise it was a tad difficult to locate out of context.
  2. Sounds like EULA get in way of a lot of things, as sad as it may be.:eek:
    Nickblockmaster and HazardousUWU like this.
  3. (Not quoting anyone because there are too many posts this relates to)

Ah, I see. I thought that was only in regards to supporter rewards, not voter rewards. But I get now that those are quite connected, as far as time needed and priority allotted go! :)
    However, rather than it not actually mentioning voter's items explicitly, I think the main reason why most of us didn't get the memo is that that post is only visible to supporters. :p
    But it's clear now, thanks. :) Maybe after 1.16 Mojang won't release 1.17 right away, so we'll have some development time for other things? ;)
  4. I look forward to any items beyond the 300 voting streak! I think this could help incentivize newer players to work towards this! :D
    Nickblockmaster, 607 and Stnywitness like this.
  5. Hmm...

Then more voting rewards (and "fun" stuff) most not be very important if they have been talked about since May 5th, 2016 and last mentioned (well...sort of) on March 30, 2020.

I understand that staff is putting priorities first... but... I think Empire has got to step up its game with getting work done. Not saying that they don't work - I mean... they probably work too much. How bout this: hire more devs/staff? Even paying them to get the work done faster is a great idea. Attendance has diminished significantly over the last couple years, partly because we were behind in updates, and partly because of another factor I have yet to figure out...

Anyway, my suggestion would be getting more devs and paying them money to get more work done so we can be up to date, add more voting items (and other "fun" stuff), etc. Because for the last couple years, Empire has had a slow work speed.

This is just my thoughts, and what I think would help. Let me know what you think. :)
    Nickblockmaster likes this.
  6. So you're changing the topic of your thread? :p
    If so: unless you get a big player (in the business) to invest in EMC, I think paying developers is unrealistic. There is no reason to expect it will be paid back, I think, and Aikar has bills to pay himself, even besides those of EMC.
    Nickblockmaster and Stnywitness like this.
  7. Keep in mind that Minecraft updates are coming out faster than before, and since version update is the more important project to keep numbers (and they usually affect our custom features), it will always take priority. That doesn't mean the other items aren't being worked on, but the updates DO cause a problem with trying to release content.

Devs don't just appear out of the woodwork, but if you know any that have some actual skills and reasonable expectations in a volunteer team environment, send them our way.
  8. Not exactly... it still has to do with acquiring voting items and about getting them in the "hopefully" near future.
    This is helpful information, thank ya.

So... what are some other good ideas for voting items and enchants?? :D I want to know! o.(o)
    Nickblockmaster likes this.
  9. Having different types of protections would definitely be nice. Maybe an extra set of voters armour with fire protection, one with projectile, one with blast?
    Also possibly Frost Walker and/or Soul Speed boots?
  10. I personally really enjoy items that provide alternatives to the mathematically best options, as with the current state of minecraft, its 99% of the time prot 4 + all other armor enchants is the best thing you can do, with very few situations where other options are better.

Items that provide new buffs or even mechanics in exchange for sacrificing defense or other parts of the game would create situations where planning explicitly for your activity(mining, fighting mobs, farming, etc) can provide significant advantages. Some examples might be:

(DISCLAIMER: none of these are balanced and just some misc numbers off the top of my head, to showcase all the positive and negative effects these could have

A helmet that gives you permanent night vision, but gives you weakness

Chest plate that give you knock back resistance, but slows you a certain percentage.

Leggings that give you a 10% stacking speed boost, but removes 1 heart of health.

Shoes that entirely negate fall damage but increase all other damage by large percentage

These are just some ideas of the funky things that could be added to more specialized, voters gear, that would make playing the game a bit more interesting in my opinion.

I know some people like the fact that most armor and tools are 1 size fits all. I personally don't at all. There are already some items in the game that do this, like witches gem, and currently, voters gear technically do this, but in a less interesting way. Pres pen and turkey trotters are two of my favorite examples.

Again, just an idea, and its quite possible this belongs in the general promo suggestion thread, but i feel its more relevant here, as these items wouldn't be nearly as balanced if not every player had access to them.
  11. Any other ideas? :)
    607 likes this.
  12. It is definitely in EMCs interest to keep the voting incentives to raise EMC to the top server ranks....particularly after the new update comes...

Is there a statistic available to see what percentage of voter streak voters compare to the member ship overall?

or a stat for server listing increase/decrease as streaks increase/decrease?

that might help see if it is worth tackling at the moment EMC developers being capacity constrained with the update coding now

obviously new players usually click on and go with the top ones on the list
    Stnywitness likes this.
  13. Silk touch, UBR3, Mending pickaxe for really high vote runs... that is all :p
    ThaKloned and Stnywitness like this.
  14. Has a soulbound shulker box ever been suggested? A bit OP maybe?
    Stnywitness likes this.
  15. It has been suggested above, yes. Ideas like it having a little more storage space, or a thing like the labor bench where u dont have to place it.

I think it'd be awesome to have a voters shulker... it'd be in my top 5 of what i'd like to see most. >:)
    Uzack and 607 like this.
  16. I felt like I should bump this thread. :)

What are some more suggestions to the voting items past streak #300? My hope is, Empire and devs will be able to sneak in new items in between the nether update, and 1.17. *fingers crossed*
    UltiPig and Nickblockmaster like this.
  17. For the Voter's Trident, I think that it shouldn't actually be thrown- it instead throws a copy that you can't pick up so a single toss into the void will delete your trident.

or just give it riptide

thoughts on armor- it should be gold or chainmail.
    Stnywitness likes this.
  18. I guess you meant to say 'lest' instead of 'so'? Because I think it would be rather undesirable for a voter's item to be lost by 'a single toss into the void'. :p
    Ethy202 and Stnywitness like this.