[Suggestion] More Voters Items Past Streak #300

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Stnywitness, Aug 28, 2020.

?

Read post before voting: Should there be more items past streak 300?

YES! 28 vote(s) 100.0%
I don't think so... 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Sorry, but no. (please say why below) 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. So... this conversation came up on my status, and I want to make this thread about it.

I recently reached streak 300, and the only other rewards I can get are pride banners every 100 days...

Disappointing? I'd say so.
    Sure, the banners are cool, but I'd like to have more items implemented past streak 300.

• In the thread: Misc Bug Fixes Update - 4/24/18, Aikar posted this about implementing more items after 300: "yes we got some more ideas we do want to do, just gonna take time to get to them." This was in 2018.
    • In the thread: "Suggestion - additional items for > 300 votes" by mjnoe70, Aikar replied, "spoiler, things are coming very soon". He was talking about items coming after 300 votes. That was July 15, 2017.
    • In the thread: Voting Items Past 300, Krysyy said, "We also have to keep in mind not making the tools OP. There is a balance that goes into play for Voters Tools since they are soulbound and unbreakable. We took a lot of time to devise the list for the next items and it will cover up to vote bonus 1000. Any player that is already past that vote bonus will receive prizes post-release. I'm simply stating that this has been suggested before and we do have the plans for it. Thread closed." That was May 5, 2016.
    Here are some examples for items:
    Voters Crossbow - Streak 350 (or streak 325)
    Voters Trident - Streak 450 (or streak 350 or 375)
    Voters Netherite Items (when nether update comes to EMC) - Examples: Netherite armor, weapons, and tools. These could be in the 400-600 range, dispersed accordingly.
    Voters Clock or Compass - Streak 600-800 range.
    Voters Flint And Steel - Streak 850 or so (unbreakable flint and steel - maybe have some other ability?)

Post other ideas below, and let me know what you think! What other items should there be? Any perks? What are some enchantments that could be given to the items listed above?

EDIT: Changed some formatting of text.
  2. I would agree with the tools for netherite but not the armor.

Trident is a 50/50 for me due to not knowing what enchants you plan on having.

All the rest of the suggestions I can support
  3. These are simply suggestions. I havent figured out enchants yet, but feel free to post what you think they should be!
  4. Maybe the Clock could tell you the server time in chat? (day night cycle not /time)

other than that +1 to everything except Netherite armor as it would be to over powered
  5. Why make them all so close together? Many of us are past 1700, at which point you don't even get voter's banners anymore. :/ I hope more of those will be designed and added soon. :)
  6. I love this idea and as 607 said why not spread them out. They don't even need to be a useful item all the time. I would like to see voters blocks add as well. If there rare items they would still be rare if the streak were set high enough.:D
    Nickblockmaster and Stnywitness like this.
  7. Yup, I've thought of the people who are 1700+, and I'd love to think of more great ideas that'll go far past the 1700 mark. The ones listed above are just some ideas, and suggestions for their placement in the "voting reward track." Spreading them out is another great option.
    I think blocks would be cool, but as I mentioned in my status, I think items and useable things would be a better motivation that decorative blocks. I still support the idea though, it could be cool
  8. Agreed. Haven't gotten a shiny new voter's item in a long while, and all I'm headed towards is the banners. Makes voting lose the appeal. Would love to hear what happened to these supposed plans.
  9. ^
    YES
  10. I'm sorry, but I never get this. For me the appeal of voting has always been getting the server higher up in the lists. Aikar did let us know at one point that it did play a very significant part in getting new members.
    That appeal is also being lost though, I'm afraid, because it seems like less and less people are interested in EMC's gameplay. I hope I'm mistaken on that, though, and there are probably still people looking for EMC without knowing it. :)
  11. Okay... I think that may be true for some people, including yourself, but for most people, I believe, that the purpose of voting is to mainly acquire rupees and special voters items. The more motivation to keep voting, the more EMC's votes will rise. Because right now, I've stopped voting. I've been voting to get special voting items, but after 300, there are just banners. ... not very exciting. I'm not going to spend a few minutes (thereabouts) voting every single day just to get a banner every 100 days...

Thus, something needs to change. Something that will draw more people in and get more people voting. Im not sure if more items will help this problem, although it will help raise votes, but in order to draw in more people, EMC is going to have to do some serious remodeling. And... frankly... I am not entirely sure how that will happen. I know some people enjoy playing games on servers, and we have a game server ourself. However.... it has fallen into disarray. 70-90% of the games don't work anymore, and hardly anyone visits it anymore. :( A good first step for the Empire would be to make the Games server 100% fully functional again. Then, they can start working on some bigger things.

What are players most looking for in a server? Ask yourself that question. Look at data. Then maybe implement some elements into EMC that will increase "player attendance."

Any more ideas?
  12. Lol, okay. :p
    In that case, EMC should not ambition to draw in more people. EMC is unique, EMC is special. We cannot turn into the type of server that might be popular nowadays. It wouldn't help, anyway, as there are plenty, plenty of those, some having a lot more money to spend I'm sure.
  13. I personally do it for the server. But do like getting special items too. I'm so far ahead now, I don't get anything but diamonds, emeralds, rupees, and a few other things from Top org votes. But I still vote on the daily for the server.:D
    After all if the server fails the community fails nobody wants that.
    Nickblockmaster, Stnywitness and 607 like this.
  14. Hmm... I disagree.

The more people on EMC, the better the economy will be. The more support this server will receive.
    I am not suggesting to completely change this server, I am suggesting ADDING a couple things to appeal to more people and draw in new players. Im not taking anything away. The server will be just what it is now. With some mild other events, games, mobs, or whatever that will attract more players.

If you mainly vote for supporting the server, you should vote for the opinion of bringing in more players. And I believe the only way to do that is with some big changes.
    crossfit1223 and HazardousUWU like this.
  15. This is not really relevant to this thread, I think, so this is the last reply I'll make on the matter.
    We cannot just add a couple of things. EMC gets rather limited developer time, and a whole lot of it seems to be spent on just keeping up with Minecraft updates. We haven't even seen much progress on Empires recently, while that is the big project. If we want to get other things added to EMC, less time will be spent on Empires, and it will take longer, which might make more people leave (I suppose).
    You are right that the Games server seems neglected. I'm not sure if it was a good decision to add it. EMC cannot be everything that there is to offer. Especially with so little developer time, it needs focused development.
    Also...
    Hm. :p

But yeah, this discussion is for another thread, I guess. :p As for the suggestion: yes, more voter's items is great, but they should be spread out. :) Sure, more stuff can be added later, but at that point people will have got even further, so they can be assigned to even higher bonuses.
  16. I was thinking the same thing.

Well it sounds like we need more devs then... why don't we get more? Empire can either hire players that want to become devs, or they can pay people to come and work on the server. If devs are the only thing in our way from getting progress done, then lets get more, or find some other method for increasing devs' work time (real payment? sounds like a good motivation).

Haha, whoops. What I meant was that little would change about how the server would run right now. I was trying to say that the server would still be the same server it has always been, with just a little bit of change.

And the big change part was talking about the change that is needed to bring more people into this server. This change wouldnt necessarily change the server so much that it would feel like a totally different one, but change it so it maybe adds some things, or hiring more devs, etc. It wouldn't be taking away anything the server already is.

That was probably a bit confusing :confused: but anyway, changing topic back to voting items...

I really want to hear more of peoples' feedback about the suggestion of more voting items. What are some you'd like to see? What enchants? What voting level should they be achieved at?
  17. I love this idea as someone who has started getting into voting. :) Your suggestions are excellent! I have one of my own to throw out there too...

Voter's Animals. Now, these wouldn't really be able to serve much of a purpose, but special spawn eggs could be neat! You could slowly acquire a nice little collection.

For something with more of a purpose than animals, maybe a voter's shulker box? My idea with that would be having it have more storage space inside. I have no idea if that is actually possible with coding or commands, I'm not very tech savvy. I'm just thinking as someone who often carries around multiple shulkers on my wasteland adventures. :p

Another thing that came to mind- voter's anvil. Again, I'm not sure if this would be possible to achieve, but possibly an anvil that doesn't break? o.(o)

Anyways, those are just my thoughts. Do with them as you will. :D
  18. I love all of your suggestions! Really like the voters shulker, that could be awesome. It could maybe be soulbound and hold more than a regular shulker?

I do think the voters anvil would be a little too powerful though o.(o)
  19. Ooh, I like that! I would love a voter's pig. :D