[Suggestion] Cash Money

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Uber_Corq, Oct 20, 2014.

1. I don't necessarily see how you would need multiple savings pools. It's not like in real life where your accounts are able to be hacked and "having all your eggs in one basket" is bad idea. You really only need one savings where you can store all your money. When you purchase an item the money is only taken from the rupees you have on you an not from your savings. I know this would get rid of the idea of rich people being able to display their 1,000,000 rupees, but their are risks to having a sort of "bill."

The only reason I could see your "multiple pool" idea as relevant would be if you had multiple savings for different items. Maybe one could be for an Ore Buster, and another for that cool new promo that just came out. You could name those different savings as well like adding the command /r deposit 1000 OreBuster. (/r deposit [amount] [name].
    Another Example:
    Rupees: 47,365 (learn more)

OreBuster: 50,000 (learn more)

Promo: 30,000 (learn more)

Tokens: 3,287 (learn more)

And you wouldn't have to worry about a giant list of savings because you would only be allowed to have up to 5 or so. Basically there would be a limit to how many you could have. (Questions, complaints, concerns?)
    Qwerty189 likes this.
  2. /r deposit 10000 Tokens
  3. I totally agree with this!!!! +2
  4. Or maybe instead of a command have /shop set up to sell these kind of tickets.
  5. You can't buy rupees through the site due to the EULA...

BUT I think think these would be a good idea for drop parties or rewards for winning community contests.

Ex) When a player wins a community contest, instead of winning 100k rupees, they win 10x 10k rupee vouchers. These vouchers can be redeemed for the set rupee amount, HOWEVER, every holiday (thanksgiving, Halloween etc.) all vouchers have a random multiplier. So on a holiday, a 10x rupee voucher might be able to be redeemed for 15k rupees. This would put a bit of a economic value on vouchers. Players might be willing to pay 15k for a 10k voucher and then save it until it can be redeemed... and because vouchers would prizes that can only be created by admins, there is no risk of scamming etc..

kinda far from the original idea suggested by the op, but it just popped into my head so I thought i would share.
  6. This pretty much covers it I think.

Alternatively, a "promo" called "Rupee Balance" might solve your displaying your wealth issue. It could be paper or a shiny firework star, a shiny porkchop, or just about anything. The sole purpose could be that when it is viewed in an item frame, it shows the rupee balance of the owner. It could be like voter's gear in being permanently attached to your name and rupee balance (ex. fishmeal's rupee balance would display "fishmeal: 14r"). It could display tokens too, or that could even be yet another item. Have we had a black Promo name yet? The 's is technically inaccurate for user's with -s names, but who cares? Do it anyway.
    I have no idea how this item should be obtainable, but I bet the demand is more than 1 person.
    It should be a fairly expensive rupee/token purchase. I prefer tokens, because tokens are best used on items that aren't easily resold for rupees, and I'm sure more uses for tokens are still being thought up.

If we had both the item and the savings account, which may or may not be a crazy amount of stuff to add to EMC, I think all of your suggestion would be satisfied, and highlancer54's concerns taken care of.

I think your suggestion really created something big here though. The savings account could cure a lot of shopkeeper's problems.
  7. At the moment, you can. We'll have to see what Microsoft's stance on server monetisation is.
    ShelLuser likes this.

8. Don't see Microsoft enforcing the EULA in such a mental way as Mojang, in all honesty. Especially since they've not even bothered updating the legal stuff yet, and it's still just on blog posts.
    ShelLuser and 607 like this.
  9. Being able to convert rupees into an item form is something I want to do as I am planning a 'Trade' system, and it could also be used as drop party prizes, or maze/game prizes on peoples residence.

but this requires extra care to ensure a voucher could ever only be used once incase dupe glitches happen.
    ShelLuser, Uber_Corq, 607 and 3 others like this.
  10. i havent been super active lately lol
  11. There would be no benefit in that though.
    fishmeal likes this.
  12. Yes, this is an old(er) thread, but it's the idea I was referring to here recently as a way for shop owners to protect a portion of their assets from use in shop transactions. This would really be a benefit to single profile players who can't store rupees with an alt. Aikar seemed to like this idea at the time,

but I don't see it in the Dev Tracker. So, just wondering, now that we have another reason to have this feature, where is it? For the community, if it were offered, would you use it?

(And for those that still aren't convinced just think; it could be the ideal way to keep your rupees out of the hands of the EMC tax collector! :p)
    Uber_Corq and ShelLuser like this.
  13. I would definitely use this. +1 on the old idea.
  14. I haven't seen this thread before. I think duping, scams, theft, and similar problems could be managed by serializing these items. If someone was banned or if one was stolen, they could be invalidated or tracked if they were converted back into Rupees. Invalid money could change state, disappear, be "frozen" or not able to be converted to Rupees, or even be used to track cheaters.

I would be afraid to hang them in Frames but I think people have thought of some good uses for them.
  15. I like it. The check should definitely have the players name on it, and be logged into a database. It may send an alert to the person who originally owned wrote the check if someone else redeems it? Kinda take away part of the privacy but well worth it in opinion.
    Uber_Corq likes this.
  16. There are a mix of good positive use and negative use for these reading through the thread, having a way to bank your rupees without the use of an alt I think is good, possible scams not so good, I am sure though it could be tracked, red flagged whenever it was cashed. Aikar brought out a good point with regard to drop events etc this was my thoughts also. Donating these to events also, I know you can do that with rupees but getting paper money I think would feel a bit more exciting to a lot of players.

So over all I think it has the potential of adding something to the game.
    Uber_Corq likes this.
  17. +1. I like the idea
    It would be quite nice to keep saving my rupee earnings to use later ;)
    Uber_Corq likes this.
  18. The ability to do this would be grand. +Slab
  19. Hm, not a bad idea. Actually, I feel like I had this exact same idea a little while back. Huh. ;)
    607, PenguinDJ and ShelLuser like this.
  20. Yeah, sometimes there's no problem to revive an older thread IMO, especially if an idea hasn't been fully shot down yet.

I like the idea, definitely +1 from me.

It reminds me of an economy server plugin I really enjoyed using; it allowed for a physical item to be used as currency. It 'hooked' into the existing plugins (vault, which allows for currency to be used) and made sure that all the items in your inventory and marked "vaults" (a chest which a sign on it) could be used to pay.

I set up a (private) experimentation server with gold nuggets once. So you paid with gold nuggets, but the system was smart enough to realize that 9 nuggets were equal to one gold ingot and that 9 ingots made a block. So even the other items were usable as currency.

So I wonder if that couldn't be an option as well? An in-game item with a fixed rupee value. In other words: the first item which you could actually buy and sell in /shop. For one, fixed, price. Obviously this would need to be a custom item, if you'd stoop to gold or emeralds then I fear it'll negatively impact the economy.

But such a custom item, and the always present option to convert between item & rupees, should prevent players from abusing the system.

I'd definitely use something like this. As much as I like rupees I also like the idea of having some valuables nicely stored & locked away.

Or what about mutual projects? The possibilities are endless: you run a store (or other project) and you want to set up a money pool from which your fellow players can buy stuff to benefit that project. What better way than this?

I'm a fan :)
    607 and Uber_Corq like this.