[Suggestion] Add Leaderboard for Rupees and Tokens

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by RandomZh, Dec 14, 2016.

1. I think a top 10 would discourage more new players then it would help them, Most long term players can pick out 10 names that if not in the top 10 then probably in the top 20. if a new player comes in and sees the top 10 are all over 10 million then more of them will be discouraged then the ones who would enjoy chasing down the top 10.

If names are kept out and just balances whats the point ? EMC could just make up some rupee balances to appease people. People like finch go through extreme lengths to hide her rupees she wouldn't want any of her accounts up there so even is she opts out of the name then she could still see an account there.

Rupee balances change so often it doesn't mean a whole lot anyways. People like me who only have a million in rupees have several million in items laying around. Not even in builds just sitting in dcs. We cant rate net worth's. And if we could it wouldn't be accurate.

TLDR -1 for me.
  2. I think you just wanna show off how loaded you are.
  3. When i started back from EMC one year ago, i saw that my sister had an insane amount of rupees, i started off 2016 with 80k and my goal to beat her in rupees and that is what made me stick to EMC, it was trying to accomplish a goal and in the end i did, and i made many new friends a long the way, so it may discourage players however it can also bring players to play more.
    Vortixin, MoeMacZap, Zrugite and 2 others like this.
  4. The Server has Econ, Yes, but It is not based around the most funds. There are many players who has Millions in items but wont be in the top 50...

IMO The funds is not what EMC is about. Why not ask Krysyy or Aikar if the funds is the Main part and if it should be advert who has the highest amount is....
    The_Mancub and Equinox_Boss like this.
  5. I am not saying that it is the main part of EMC or that it is based on the most funds, i am saying that EMC would not be as popular without Rupees, and it would be interesting to see a leader board in who has the most
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  6. I don't personally see a problem with a tokens leaderboard, however a rupees leaderboard seems a bit invasive, even without your name on that board your amount will still be on there, and if people knew you had a lot money it wouldn't be too hard too guess who is who. If you don't want people knowing your r balance you wouldn't really have a choice with this.

Nickblockmaster and Equinox_Boss like this.
  7. I mean if all there is to show is a number, i don't think that anyone can guess who has that amount
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  8. OP states some names would be visible, unless everyone at the top turns it off guessing is possible
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  9. Maybe it is default off, and if you want too see it then you have the option to turn it on?
    Zrugite and Equinox_Boss like this.
  10. That would be better, but not something I would still like, even if people don't know exactly how much you have, but know that you have a decent amount of money, stuff such as "hey r u n6 on leaderboard?" may occur.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  11. I feel like this whould make emc a little to mych of a competition, I mean, the reason I staid on EMC is because I liked (and like) the fact that it all doesn't really matter, I mean, Ruppees aren't something to hoard, first of becuase that isn't smart dude to the inflation on EMC (beleve me, I know that that really is a thing, a million once was unbeleveble much) but mostly becuase ruppees, and also real life money, isn't something that it made to hoad, it is thought to make trading alot easyer, as I think all of us know. So I think that EMC ruppees also shouldn't be annything more, just something to make trading easyer, and making a leaderboard of it would only hinder that, since it would make people wanting to hoard ruppees instead of using it and making, or doing, great things.

so, a -1 from me.
    Equinox_Boss and 607 like this.
  12. This !!

If nine people leave it on and say ToddV turns his off we could guess what one is his.

Yes but when you started she wasn't top 10. Still not now I'm sure. Instead of seeing her (whatever amount ) you saw someones 10 times that amount would you sill want to ? Some random person who you will prolly never meet in game much less live with ?
    ToddV, Equinox_Boss and 607 like this.
  13. If they know you have a lot of money, whats to stop them from saying, "hey how much money do you have?"
  14. Nothing, but a leaderboard with exact amounts sound like something that would increase that type of behaviour.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  15. Fair enough that may be true, but if you don't want that type of behaviour then i would recommend not telling anyone your balance
    I do agree that top 10 wouldn't be the best idea, i would just think that seeing peoples balances that are near yours would give players goal to achieve.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  16. How to make this community more toxic in one simple step 101.

17. Interesting arguments for both sides, nice! :)
    I'm still standing by what I said, though.

You know what I would find interesting? A total rupees and total tokens leaderboards. That would eradicate my concerns. But unfortunately that isn't possible.

What would you guys think about a current XP leaderboard? That seems similar to me. I really wouldn't like that.
    Zrugite, Equinox_Boss and Sachrock like this.
  18. There are probably easier possible ways to do the deed. :p
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  19. If you could not buy Rupees I think this would be ok as long as you could opt out. The reality is that some people would make this a pay to win challenge and "charge" their way to the top. Aikar's bank account would probably be happy for awhile, but I don't think that's what EMC is about.
  20. You can't buy rupees anymore. You can buy supporters to trade for rupees.........