So sad and Disgusting!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by MR2R2M, Dec 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thats because he went all ninja and ninja'd them all. He more than likely has some experienced form of martial arts under his belt.....
  2. Or he just started stabbing everyone.
  3. Hmm... seems to be a bit harder than you thought.... And maybe the giant "No Guns" picture on your original post just threw me off, after all I'm just a fat, stupid American. What do I know?
  4. Not hard at all provided you know what to do, I can disarm someone in 2 seconds flat and have em crying on the floor.

And maybe if you read all the posts here by myself and others, you'd see that the no guns picture actually means no guns for those who use them for wrong. I have no problem with people using them for legitimate purposes.

You said it not me. Glad to see you guys are admitting it :) Thumbs up!!
  5. You cannot make guns illegal. Any person (besides a felon) can own one, and making them illegal won't stop people from using them to commit crimes, it would just take the fun out of target shooting and hunting because you couldn't do it.
  6. Unfortunately it seems most people in the world are not as amazingly talented as you claim to be.

I have only on problem with your plan... how do you know who who uses them for wrong? How would one be able to tell if a person with no criminal history or obvious signs of mental illness will one day snap and go on a murdering rampage?
  7. Same over in Australia and even though the population of both our countries is much lower than America's, I think it prevents things like this because we don't grow up with guns.
    mba2012 likes this.
  8. Growing up with guns in lots of areas is a family tradition and is not a bad thing growing up with them. Not everyone is mentally retarded lunatic who murders people with them.
  9. No, for adults that take a test perhaps, for insanity and mental stability, also they can learn to use that gun, it will take a while, not just a few months.
  10. This was a terrible tragedy, but guns don't kill people. People kill people, WITH guns. He could have easily done this with an illegally obtained gun or any weapon. As much as there SHOULD be a way to restrict people obviously with messed up dispositions to not be able to purchase fire arms, there is always a way to bypass laws and restrictions. My prayers go out to the families and victims of this horrendous crime, and I hope that there will be some sort of closure and future restriction ending the possibility of these heinous crimes.
    SparerToaster likes this.
  11. I heard about this. It is terrible.
  12. As a guy who has military training to take down multiple assailants with guns, among other things, Just because you KNOW how, does not mean you will be able to when the time comes. It does not make me want to go after some lunatic with an knife any more than I did before I learned it.

When someone has it deep in their mind that they are going to kill as many people as they can with no fear of the consequences, even death, you can be the greatest master at whatever you want in the world, Fear will still be there for you. You will be scared of that knife, just as much as you would be scared of a gun, but that guy holding the knife is not scared. He does not care if he is killed trying to kill you. Because that is what his brain says is the right thing to do, the only thing to do.

Be careful to speak so lightly of a situation I highly doubt you have ever been in. Those 22 people who were stabbed earlier today, I am sure at least a couple tried to fight back. At least one, given the odds of the amount of trained martial-artist in China, even knew HOW to fight back properly. Any weapon is deadly. The human mind is by far deadlier than any.

So if this guy was well trained, in a discipline that is DESIGNED to channel through emotional issues, to keep one calm, yet he used that murder innocent people because, again, his sanity was fractured, what makes this any different than a gun?

I have seen my fair share of violent acts, more than I care to remember. And believe it or not, most of them have not happened in america. I have seen some violent things in other countries, even ones we are not fighting in. At the end of the day though, I know that when I look in the mirror, I am not someone who would do that. But the people I dont know about are the ones I walk by, the ones I bump into, the millions of people in America that I dont know, could one day create the odds that I encounter one person who decides that his sole cause was to kill.

Pretending that some individual item is the core source of anything is naive. There are millions of factors, chains of events, that lead to things like this. Not just a gun. Not just a person. The scenario could have been run a thousand times over and ended differently every time. But the sad truth is today we face a tragedy. A sadness. Its horrible. I have had to face the empty bed of my daughter before believing I would never see her again. So I do understand the extreme sadness that is coupled with this event.

Blaming this on guns is not the way to go. There are a million things one could blame, like maybe the individual pulling the trigger. Yet in this case, that person decided his deed was done and exhausted himself, so who do we blame? Obviously this blame has to fall on something. There is so much outrage, so much disgust, we must focus it on something. Why not Guns?.... Thats a train of thought that is unhealthy. Its sadly where many tend to go. Its hard for our own minds to look at something like this, and feel that no one gets punished justly. That nothing will probably change. There will still be poverty that leads to poor healthcare that leads to poor mental diagnosis, whatever. You cant blame the system. The fact that there are Millions of people that stare at this act and are disgusted is sign enough that this is not a normality. This is not the common thought. This is abnormal. Something that should not have happened, but did. Something that no one should do, yet was done. We know that these things are wrong, but the mental structure of this person said otherwise. Sure maybe there was at some point he could have been treated. But how does thinking about that fix it? Those parents are still going to face that sadness regardless.

The thing is, it happened. Maybe you do not possess the same train of thought as an american, but I have had many nice talks with people from many different nationalities, and the common thought of an American is not uncommon among others. You say there should be more strict laws. There are, there were before this. They get stricter all the time. Someone mentioned something about being raised with guns. Thats just silly. I never touched a gun until I turned 17. My family hates them. But I do not. Nothing relieves more stress than firing a weapon. The amount of concentration and control to hit a target at 500m dead on is staggering, but such a relieve. You can truly enter a different world.

The thing is, and its almost like you ignored it, even though it was said twice, this individual actually STOLE the gun. So any argument about gun control over this incident alone is moot. And honestly, any time an argument like this pops up, it only seems to happen when something big transpires. Why not raise these believes before this? Why have such a strong stand now? Its like rooting for a team once they are in the championship game, that you never liked before. It does not make sense. Developing 'views' of things like this should happen without some major event to spark the mind. Everyone is entitled to your opinion. Honestly though, it does come across slightly offensive to have someone say how bad your country is in an aspect because of one or two individuals. If I have to personally face a tainted image, because One guy decided to lose his mind and do something completely unpredictable, and downright inhuman, then I will. Because at the end of it all, I will still stand happily as an American. And I will defend that tainted image for as long as I can. If only in hopes to see it get better in the views of the people who live here if no others.
    M4nic_M1ner, Kadboy, mba2012 and 12 others like this.
  13. I know most of this has probably already been said, but I unfortunately don't have time to read eight pages, and want to put in my 2 cents.

This event is absolutely awful, and if our first reaction is to begin arguing about gun laws, we may need to check out our own priorities. But, with this in mind, I know the gun argument is going to happen anyway. Laws for getting guns should be stricter, but even banning guns will not prevent people who commit acts like this from obtaining them. If schools (and movie theaters) were not "gun free zones" then a teacher or staff member could have potentially ended this massacre before it even began.

I may be for guns, but in spite of the sadness, grief, and suffering of today, it seems insensitive and irrelevant to begin arguing about politics. Instead, we should spend our energy praying for these people, and spending time with our loved ones, because as recent history is showing, and day could be your, or someone you love's, last.
  14. thoughts and prayers go out to every single person and their families affected by this terrible tragedy :)
  15. The thing is if we ban guns we would be only taking them away from the law abiding citizens, all the bad drug dealers and criminals would still have theirs.
    mba2012, ZBSDKryten and nnnnmc1 like this.
  16. Of course not but it's better to not know how to use them, not want to know how to know, not want to use them and not want to rely on them than to want to do all that, and chances are you aren't going to go on a massacre if you didn't grow up with them then if you did and you know how to use them.

Also, I'd rather have less massacres then family traditions :p

Law abiding citizens don't need guns, use a baseball bat to defend yourself. And here in Aus, it's good because of our harsh laws - our police can see someone with a gun because they stand out in public and chances are they will be a drug dealer and a thief because no one else uses them.

By the way guys, I never usually get into this debate but I just think it's safer to filter guns :)
  17. This is very unfortunate, a horrible event :(
  18. Thousands of law-abiding citizen use guns every year for hunting, and also in marksman tournaments, and just having fun shooting guns (which when used safely can be a lot of fun.)

Taking away our guns is taking away one of our constitutional rights, and is a civil rights atrocity.

But still, I think it is inappropriate to be arguing about guns after something like this, however, has to say this.
    1998golfer likes this.
  19. We don't need them where I live, we don't want them either.

Yeah, that's why I added that last bit to my post :)
  20. There would still be other weapon, and some not-meant-to-be weapon.
    Where I live there was once a mentally unstable and rich spoiled brat, he was driving behind a bus. The bus stop to let people out at the bus-stop. It was in area where traffic jam are common because it's in a city center. Then he gone mad for whatever reason. He drive his Mercedes over all those people who are coming down from the bus. (About more than a dozen people if I remember correctly)

Another case, I don't know how did he get hold of this but this mentally unstable person is wielding a katana.
    He is watching TV while his brother was going get medicine from drug store for him (for his mental illness). But before his bro get back. He's already gone out. He was watching a serious political program at that moment. And suddenly he went crazy going out with his katana. Then he slash anyone that wear red (And those aren't the protester as their shirt doesn't have a logo on them like many of the real protester, Just some coincidence that they happen to wear that same color that day). (At that time there are red and yellow side of serious political problem where people wear those color of shirt to a protest.) And then they call his mother to calm him down which he refuse to listen because he went crazy. And finally a cops charge at him.

There are still many more cases where maniac use things other guns for mass killing.
    So gun laws do help, But it's just not help that much. It's all about these unpredictable people. We don't know if there are any near us. Sometimes they look so much like regular people as they don't show any symptom of mentally illness. Without gun mad people will find another weapon anyway.
    :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.