So sad and Disgusting!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by MR2R2M, Dec 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have to agree with you with all of this. In the UK where gun ownership/transportation is pretty strict compared to most of the USA we have still have had incidents very similar to this (apparently pre-prepared random killings) eg. Hungerford 1987 (16 killed, 15 injured), Dunblane 1996 (18 killed (16 children aged circa 5), 15 injured); Cumbria 2010 (12 killed, 11 injured). My feelings are that in all these accounts and many others eg Norway last year, that the killers are psychotically extremely disturbed.
  2. This is the reason principals should keep a gun or two locked in their offices.
  3. Right now, everyone is saying he had autism, but honestly, I think it was just pure evil.
  4. Well, in almost every high school they have at least 2 officers, but if the principals had a gun in their office it would not fly to we'll with the public. Yes, they do need to take more security measures in every school.
  5. You sir, have way bigger balls than me if you would want to defend yourself from a person with a gun with a baseball bat
  6. Lol'd
  7. Everyone always says,"Second Amendment this, Second Amendment that". When that was written guns were a lot less dangerous; one gun, one shot then a long reload. If the founding fathers wrote the constitution now I think they would have had stricter gun control.
    penfoldex likes this.
  8. You will never be able to stop people from getting guns. I could go out in my garage and make a gun if I really wanted.
    L0tad likes this.
  9. I'm 99% sure that guns will never be illegal in America due to it being in the Bill of Rights and even if they were outlawed there are some places in America where its very easy to get a gun illegally I know places in my town where I could buy a gun and I'm 13...
  10. Are you kidding me? Back then, guns did much more physical damage. They even blew up in the owners hands! If anything, gun control should have been stricter back then. Why? Because everyone freely had access to the same guns. The authorities had the same guns as the civilians. Now a days, that would be like civilians having SWAT weapons, with extremely easy access to them. Reload time doesnt matter, because if he has 30 rounds, he can still kill 30 people. It may take longer, but it would also take longer (back then) for the authorities to react. They had to get word of it, by horse. Then they had to send word out to get a force together, and THEN they actually had to go confront the person. That takes a long time! The reaction time makes the reload time an insignificant factor. Plus, if the attacker was near other people, would you really fire a musket or an inaccurate rifle at them? When people say that the Second Amendment is outdated, it just baffles me. Thank god that no one has said it yet, but the excuse "It was written in a time of different circumstances!!111!1!1!!!!111!!!" is by far the worst. The Constitution was not written in a time of war, and soooo many people dont realize that -_- Also, i have no clue what makes people think that strict gun control will be any more effective than prohibition. As we (Americans and foreigners educated in American history) all know, prohibition was a complete fail. Get strict laws on liquor? I have an idea, lets make it medicinal! Get strict laws on firearms? I have an idea, lets make dual purpose guns for hunting, new special competition guns, and [insert loophole here]!" Like it has been said before, gun control doesnt matter. I may be wrong, but i believe that in all states, anyone with a felony (decent leveled crime) cannot purchase, or own ANY gun. None. Most of the guns casualties in the U.S. are caused by people with felony records. Thats not gun control, thats gun DENIAL, and it doesnt even work. If you (anyone) think that the gun situation in America is bad, and that our death rates due to guns is "extreme", then go look at Mexico. Then tell us that our situation is really bad -_- Also, dont forget, that all these incidents that cause "gun-haterzzzzzzz" to start preaching, are done generally by one or two people. Something tells me that the strictest gun regulation cant stop the people who are willing to give up EVERYTHING in their life to go kill innocent people.
    Well said! Bringing religion into anything will make it end worse, unless you are on a site specifically FOR religion.
    nnnnmc1, penfoldex and mba2012 like this.
  11. Now to go onto the whole gun control thing, I believe that it can be changed a bit, at least the laws pertaining to guns. That being said, all laws can be improved on, Not a single law in existence is perfect. As to what happened yesterday, why are we arguing about the tool used to commit the act??????? We should be talking about the person who committed the act and how we might stop similar crimes from being committed in the future. As has been said, people kill people, not like a gun can walk around and pull its own trigger. I think that until something like skynet is actually made in the real world and works, all arguments that guns kill people are invalid. A gun right now can NOT pull its own trigger. A person can. And most likely, the man who committed this crime is mentally disturbed, and dozens, if not hundreds of unrelated events drove him to murdering all these people. We can never truly know his motive, he is dead. But we can look at what might have caused this. May it be from bad parenting when he was a kid to being bullied in school to having a terrible adult life. You just never know. The best we can do is look at what we definitely know may be the cause and work on it to stop the cause from being a factor in events like these.

I was born and raised around weapons. I am 15 and though the guns are under my fathers name, I am the one who payed for most of the guns I "Own".( I saw this because in my family we ask each other if we can borrow one or two guns if we are going to the range or something.) I know the ins and outs of all my guns, I have the keys to the guns sitting right beside me, and I have access to ammunition. This does not mean I am suddenly going to go on a killing rampage. On that note, I don't even need gun to go on a killing rampage. The man who killed all the children did not need the gun either. He did not need any weapon. He could have easily killed all those kids with his hands. Does that mean we should make our hands illegal?????? No matter what you do, people will always be able to kill other people, with anything they can get there hands on. As has been pointed out many times in this thread, making items or weapons illegal does not stop people from acquiring them and using them. There truly is no good solution to problems like these. The only thing we can truly do is try and make sure a person never gets to the breaking point were they will do something like this.

I just wanted to get my two cents in. Sorry about how all over the place this post was. I wrote it as I thought of it.
  12. Heard a few interesting tidbits about gun control and preventing active shooters in public places. Since these individuals are deprived of so much attention and do such drastic things to be well known, we just need the media to get onboard with never again promoting that low life's name publicaly anymore. Eventually they will catch on, and won't want to be remembered as John Doe. Plus statistically these guys never go where guns are allowed. That theater shooting in Colorado was the only theater in 20 miles that did not allow guns. So in therory more guns and more trained individuals, less crime. A gun is like a kitchen fork. Once you've been trained and get more confident with it, it becomes habit. The recent guy in the Oregon mall stole that gun and didn't know how to operate it when it became jammed. And of course you talk to any survivors of these tragic events and they will tell you what bothered them most was the sense of helplessness. Having to run from a fight and possibly wait for death to occur takes its toll.
    They wish they had something to fight back with.
    also, ask any anti gun activist if they would ever consider posting a sign in their front yard reading "This house is a gun free zone" and I bet they say they wouldn't in a million years. Because they know what would happen if the right criminal saw that and used it as an opportunity.
    Maxarias, Aikar, L0tad and 4 others like this.
  13. i have a 44 in my house, always ready for a nice shiny bullet to be drilled into someones head who thinks he is going to hurt me or my child, no way in hell am i letting that happen.

people who complain that someone shouldn't own a gun because these things happen, you need a news flash, i'm not getting raped, or watching someone kill my boy just because you think it would prevent these shootings from happening. well, you're wrong. and i'll be damned if someone is going to take that gun out of my hands from protecting my family.
    Aikar, PandasEatRamen, L0tad and 6 others like this.
  14. I have a idea, it may be silly, but, we can bluff, say we put a sign on our front yard that reads "We have guns and we aren't scared to shoot them at you" and then they wouldn't dare come into your house.
    mba2012 likes this.
  15. Please keep discussion on topic from here. There is another thread for that now, as i'm sure most of you participating in the discussion are aware.

As for the topic.
    He broke quite a few laws before even killing a child. None of them stopped them did they?

It's been said many of times... but laws don't stop die hard criminals. They only stop people who lead normal, moral, legal lives, the kind of people you wouldn't really be worried to do such a thing as this.

Look how many times mass murders have been prevented because someone else had a gun and stopped them.

We need more guns in the hands of sane people, not less guns.

There's also measure's that could be taken with technology such as metal detectors on all entrances, making it harder to sneak weapons into schools.

Making guns harder to get will only result in less good citizens having guns, as its too inconvenient. Criminals don't go through that process, so what good does it do to make it harder?

Current laws are fine. Innocent until proven guilty.
  16. I don't have a gun :(

But I have trillionzzz sentinel :p
    Hope that's not count as gun. Just my toy that can kill some one.

So does your knife, needle, pen, car, chair, table, skating show, lighter + deodorant, fist, liquor bottle, scissor, motorbike, etc...... :cool:

PS. I'm not directing this on anyone. Just saying.
    Once you rid an evil of his weapon. He'll find another one. unless you rid of the evil itself, which in case of humanity, quite "Impossibruuu" :oops:. It might affect someone else who is not evil as well.
    Because there are so many humanzzz not just one like me that chief can kick my a__ like in the end.:(
  17. And if law abiding citizen had a gun and knew how to use it, so many of those deaths could of been prevented.
    sstrngmnm, mba2012, penfoldex and 4 others like this.
  18. Sailing in dodgy waters there, methinks
  19. Look this time I'm gonna say something very personal, 2 years ago about 4 blocks from my house and 10 blocks from my good friends house there was a shooting. The shooter escaped and left me scared as hell. He could have killed my parents, my sisters, my friend or Me. Thank God he didn't strike again. I guess that's why I have a strong opinion on this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.