So sad and Disgusting!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by MR2R2M, Dec 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I LOVE IT!

Cordial_Pie and Daxter9133 like this.

2. Im with dis guy.
    PandasEatRamen and battmeghs like this.
  3. Having read the entire thread on this subject, I have one thing to say America.

Wow.

This video took me a long time to find to convey my feelings. This is not me.

4. Did you know.....

• A 1997 high school shooting in Pearl, was halted by the school's vice principal after he retrieved the Colt .45 he kept in his truck.
    • A 1998 middle school shooting ended when a man living next door heard gunfire and apprehended the shooter with his shotgun.
    • A 2002 terrorist attack at an Israeli school was quickly stopped by an armed teacher and a school guard.
    • A 2002 law school shooting in Grundy, Va., came to an abrupt conclusion when students carrying firearms confronted the shooter.
    • A 2007 mall shooting in Ogden, Utah, ended when an armed off-duty police officer intervened.
    ......• A 2009 workplace shooting in Houston, Texas, was halted by two coworkers who carried concealed handguns.
    • A 2012 church shooting in Aurora, Colo., was stopped by a member of the congregation carrying a gun.
    • At the recent mall shooting in Portland, Ore., the gunman took his own life minutes after being confronted by a shopper carrying a concealed weapon.

2500 times last year alone legal gun owners stopped violent crime when confronted with it long before any police assistance
  5. Simple most people are now arguing, I'll get to the point;
    This shooting happened because of a mother who, out of being frightened of her ex and the supposed end of the world, felt the need to stock up on years worth of food and several weapons including automatic rifles and pistols (which were then used to first murder her, and then 20 children and schoolteachers)
    The same mother who taught her autistic son how to fire a gun at a firing range, the skills without which, this shooting might have had less of a chance of happening.
    And I'm sorry if this strikes a chord with some people, but I wanted to put in my post.
    battmeghs likes this.
  6. Class rooms are pretty small, you don't need experience in shooting for accuracy at such small distances especially into crowds...

who said she took him to the range?

And even then, if he was functional, you can't fault her for wanting to give her son a normal life. Nearly every mother of a disabled child WANTS their child to have as much of a normal life as possible.

Most people who do these crazy shootings contain their emotions and do not show signs that would lead to such things.

No-one expects it it, or else it would be prevented. Her son could of appeared to be fully functional and safe. Someone who wasn't autistic had just as much chance to do this as he did. Autism doesn't naturally mean your risky to go on a mass murder spree.

So I don't blame the mother. The main thing I blame is peoples fear of guns, where a single staff member who could of had access to a weapon could of stopped him before any child died...

Guns was the best thing that could of stopped this travesty, not laws. More guns is the answer, not less.

It was worded that he "Forced his way" into the school. Principle obviously had some warning to turn on intercom... So had their been access to a weapon, no-one potentially would of died beyond the shooter.
    jkjkjk182 and mba2012 like this.
  7. This is probably going to go on forever, but I disagree.
    For the silly reasons I mentioned above, this women unnecessarily had guns in her home. Guns which were then used against her and 20 innocent schoolchildren.
    Let's just say for instance that she didn't have them.
    The boy and his mother get into an argument, (or whatever it was that started this off), the boy gets violent, angry , says a few bad words, and then that's the end of it.
    With guns, the the argument happens, the boy gets told off, gets a gun, and well, you know the rest.
    At no point there were guns the "best thing"

(And don't even get me started on how he had access to these guns, I wonder who was to blame for that)
  8. Do not pretend that this was something as just as simple as an Argument. Even if the argument was between his mother and him, it would not have escalated with sane person to the level of murdering school children and teachers.

Should the mother have probably better placed her weapons out of reach? Probably. Should she have known that her child was capable of cold blooded murder of innocent people? Who would ever suspect their child of that. My daughter could be in front of me in court room right now being tried for murder with indisputable proof, but you better believe... I would not believe it.

This kid had a mental instability, whether it were a handicap or not. If this guy was at a point where he was willing to take lives, you better believe he would have done it with or without guns. Maybe he would not have taken as many lives? But why should 'less dead' ever be a suitable answer 'children are dead'. Thats the thing, it should be 'none died today'. If anything, those taking the time to develop arguments on gun control need to raise the blinds. This is single handedly one of the biggest examples of broken poverty vs. available healthcare. If the kid had some kind of healthcare that would have covered his thoughts, maybe this would not have happened. Not saying it would have prevented it.

Standing at the wake of a tragedy at the cause of a broken mind and pointing fingers is never right. What should happen is people look at it, and think 'this is sad'. Not 'this is sad, because of guns' or 'this is sad because of no god in schools' or 'this is sad because of Mass Effect 3'. It should not be that way. It should be, this happened. The human mind will always be unpredictable and determined. If rules and regulations were steady enough to hold any people in place, America would not exist at all. It is founded on escaping rules. On creating new ones. The mind is more powerful than weapon, because the Mind is what drives what ever individual to the limit it sets as the point.

If it was in this guys mind to kill, bar nothing, neither you nor I could have stopped him. Gun control, mental healthcare, metal detectors, all things we can say 'may have helped'. But even if it stopped this one, what stops him from making a bomb? What stops him from walking into a class room with a hand weapon, what stops him from just beating people to death? The only true answer is himself. We can place rules and laws all day long, but human will is something we can not control... we can only suggest to.
    mba2012, jkjkjk182, penfoldex and 2 others like this.
  9. dr.who10.gif
  10. I would bother to come up with some sort of response but;
    • It's getting pointless now.
    • We could argue about this for days.
  11. It was pointless from the beginning :p
    mba2012 and IcecreamCow like this.
  12. Believe, me, like what Aikar said, if you were in a classroom, and a gunman appeared, you have almost nothing to do. Not sure if already posted, but the school's protection was really good. To get in at 8:30 AM to 2:00 PM, you must be buzzed in. At my school, they don't have that. The gunman got in by breaking the window. Thats just harsh. Even if they managed to stop him from killing a lot of innocent kids, the school still had to pay a lot of money to fix the damage. The school is now in a different school, because they have to set up more protection. To me, this is extremely horrible. I've never seen anyone die, and I never want too.
  13. I remember hearing somewhere that the people involved in the two recent shootings were both wearing black military garb. When I heard this, I started to believe that these were some sort of gang activity. Please correct me if I'm wrong

Anyways, you always have to be careful in targets like the mall, nightclub, or any other place where something like this can happen. I was scared so much, I was almost to scared to go to school today. And for me, education is the SECOND most important thing to me. My family is third, however, I have diabetes so of course that has to come pretty high up on that list.
  14. Im sorry to ask and that this is off topic, but what is this -snip-?
  15. When someone quotes a long post, to keep from having a super long post, some will just use --snip-- in the quote box instead, because the reference post is linkable by the quote, there is really no need to have the full quote.
  16. Thanks :)
  17. Why is it unnecessary? What if she had golf clubs because that was her hobby? A child that young can be killed with a single swing of a heavy golf club.

Would you say that golf clubs are unnecessary if those were used for the killings?

If guns were her hobby, then so be it. It's no different than a set of golf clubs. Neither are necessary to daily life, both are not intended to kill innocent people, but in the hands of a bad person, both can be.

I'm almost as far left Liberal as you can go, and I support SANE gun laws, but I will never support trying to remove guns from people for the sake of reducing gun crimes. It just doesn't work.
    mba2012 and jkjkjk182 like this.
  18. I have a feeling you just worded that badly. But there is no monetary value on any child. Had i been a teacher in that school, and had i had a gun, i personally would have had no issue shooting any intruder. 1) because innocent kids dont deserve to die prematurely. and 2) because i have built a special form of selfish inside me that values my life above anyone like that, and so i would "put myself first" in a good way, since i would be using my selfishness ONLY in a time where i could save others.

Also, i completely agree with Aikar. We need more guns. If someone really planned ahead far enough and wanted to kill a lot of people, a form of cleaning chemical tampering would be MUCH more effective.
  19. Yeah, I worded that terrible. A child's life is worth more than everything.

EDITS: ... Dumb page, closing on me. I would put my life out for kids that are only 6 or 7 years old. I would rather waste my life than waste more than 20.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.