So sad and Disgusting!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by MR2R2M, Dec 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ahh, yea you were. See that winky face at the end of your comment? That immediately makes it a reference to me more so than other people.
  2. Anyway, back to the debate on hand, lets not get off topic here. :)
    mba2012 likes this.
  3. Law, fix, freedom removal, however you want to reference it. You think America is doing something "wrong" when in reality we are doing everything already that you are saying we should do to "fix" the issue, which isn't the case. Again, law of numbers is the furthest this really has to go.
    mba2012 likes this.
  4. Why not do this in game to excite people that IcC is online? He hasn't been on for 9 days.
  5. It was to everyone who breaks the rules, not just you. Though, I suppose you can think of it that way if you want to.
    mba2012 likes this.

6. "GAU-8 AVENGER
    delivering peace at 3900 rounds per minute"
  7. I always used to think that guns were the problem, but after some comments on here, I have been learned.
    And I don't always wanna be "that guy" that posts videos, but in reference to the whole "guns don't kill people" thing;
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_lSu16Wn7g
    mba2012 likes this.
  8. But what if a teacher snaps :O
    mba2012 likes this.
  9. According to my father this whole shooting was planned by the F.B.I. and the shooter was drugged by them...
  10. Ok...
  11. This is my town. Our community will be scarred for life. Even though making guns illegal may reduce murders and what not, there is always another way. I was in LA at 9:30. Announcement came on, 2 and a half hours until we came out from the corners. Scariest moment of my life so far.
  12. So that they have a reason to arrest the person...
    pat2011 likes this.
  13. We'll then no offense but your father is a psycho.
  14. Like those people who genuinely think that 9/11 was set up....
    some people....
  15. Ok, so then how do we get people to stop shooting each other?

Heres and extract from an article I read: Do read the whole article here:

Here’s the challenge we face: how do we stop gun violence if we can’t stop people from getting guns? Our only choice is to focus on why a person might want to commit senseless mass murder.
    Obviously, you’d have to be seriously mentally ill to go through with a mass shooting.Therefore, it’s no surprise that a country as mass shooting-plagued as the US also leads the developed world in untreated mental illness. If we deal with our mental illness problem, we deal with our murder problem. If we eradicate mental instability, we no longer have to worry about whom we can trust with firearms. Plain and simple.
    Well, it’s simple to identify that the problem is mental illness. Actually helping mentally ill people is a much more difficult topic. It’s not as simple as throwing money at the problem in a vague attempt to “improve our healthcare system”. You have to consider which treatment options are effective. You have to consider whether treatment even is the option, as some mental illnesses may be a symptom of another societal problem; as Bruce Levine said, “just how unjust does a society have to become before helping people adjust to it with behavior modification and medication is immoral?”
    And let’s not forget that those same societal injustices cause poverty, which creates fertile ground for smaller-scale, non-mass murder gun violence. Countries that ban handguns see their poverty-generated gun violence replaced by similar levels of knife violence.
    Perhaps the Christopher Nolan film which best complements this mass shooting problem isn’t The Dark Knight Rises. It’s Inception: these mass shootings are caused by problems within problems within problems; gun violence caused by mental illness caused by poor healthcare caused by income inequality and political corruption and so on and so on and so on.

Do read the whole article here: http://falkvinge.net/2012/07/31/gun...ductive-debate-about-complex-societal-issues/
    What the article is saying, and I believe to be true is major societal issues.
    M4nic_M1ner, ZBSDKryten and mba2012 like this.
  16. To all those that say that guns give you a means to protect yourselves,

Just saying, your current gun culture simply ensures that more and more domestic disputes will end in the ultimate tragedy, and that more and more convenience-store confrontations over loud music coming from a car will leave more teenage boys bloodied and dead. Hand guns do not enhance your safety. They exacerbate your flaws, tempt you to escalate arguments, and bait you into embracing confrontation rather that avoiding it.

So perhaps, what needs to change is the culture surrounding guns.
    M4nic_M1ner and HylianNinja like this.
  17. There are not guns in prisons people get murdered there often.
    19 children died in Oklahoma city in April 19 1995. (farm fertilizer ammonium nitrate)
    At least 7 children died on September 11 2001 (box cutters, indirect)

Blaming this on guns takes the responsibility away from the person responsible. I haven't looked in to it, but was the gun even his?

Today I just happen to be in class for a CCDW license.
    L0tad and mba2012 like this.
  18. Again, this is so very flawed. Every situation you just mentioned doesn't require a gun. Very VERY many domestic disputes end in a beaten to death spouse from only fists alone. The GUN isn't the reason, it's the mentality of the aggressor. Not having a gun won't stop a jackass from being a jackass, it will only force him to use another weapon, which he will.
  19. The thing is, if YOU are listening to music too loud, and someone says turn it down, YOU should.

And why should i not be able to defend MYSELF, following all gun lawn, and not using it unless APSOLUTLY NESISARY, be punished?
  20. I wonder what Justin would do if he saw this. He seems to have magical powers to fix everything up. Maybe we need Justin to release his magical powers over this thread(not a lock though).
    ZBSDKryten likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.