So sad and Disgusting!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by MR2R2M, Dec 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. See, here, you HAVE to have a licence. AND you aren't even allowed to carry it on your person in public.

You know what else, its quite funny that the cops here don't actually carry a gun on their person, yet are able to keep the place relatively crime free quite well. The only cops that carry guns are the armed offenders squad, which are the ones that go in and do the drug cartel busts.

Edit - theres actually been talks of passing a law allowing the cops to carry guns, but its not necessary at the moment.
  2. People wield the guns which kill people. So effectively yes the guns do kill people. Tighten the laws and you'll no longer have people with guns killing people.
  3. Once again, those laws already exist.

Here's a good example you'd understand. EMC has a rule to not use illegal mods. But guess what... ;)
    mba2012 and Amazin_Swordfish like this.
  4. What about missfiring guns?!?!
  5. Oooooh and he goes for the coward punch.
  6. Dude your not helping, you are just making yourself look like a fool...
    mba2012 and MR2R2M like this.
  7. + 1000 respect

More crimes/murders/rapes are prevented by a firearm, that is caused by them. Say i am an honest, law abiding citizen, that has all the permits to own an open handgun, and have it locked, with manganese out of the gun walking around, doing some shopping. Some guy tries to rob me, at knife point. I pull out my Glock, and boom, he is trying to get as far away as possible.

Flip side, we need to make it hard to get a gun, so idiots cannot walk into a Walmart or Tesco and buy an AR-15, or an assault rifle that can kill a lot of people ( it is what an an assault rifle is meant for). If you want a long rifle (like a 22) or a shotgun for hunting, or a handgun for self defense, that should be encouraged, Although, Background check after background check, and shops should be made to offer free training in repairs, and handling.

It is sad, although a good person with a gun could half saved 20 lives. We should all pool together in the human family and offer care and support form the families that lost there kids (Having troble typing this). Hits me hard, at my high school there are fights and full on riots all the time, i can almost see this happening tare(giving the number of drug dealers, and idiots there).

A song that i think describes the feeling for us right now https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4wkPoVILSQ

Personnely, i own a 22, and hunt small game. Not for sport, i actually have made several good curry recipes whit squirrel. Why should i be made to suffer for someones mistake
  8. Well, then thats just a very tragic accident. Nothing you can really do about that. Heard in the news recently somewhere a fathers gun went off and killed his 7 year old son :(
  9. Coward punch? My point is, we have laws here and most do follow them. However, we have those who feel the law doesn't apply to them and break them anyways. It's no different in the real world.
    mba2012 likes this.
  10. Coward Punch?!?! There is nothing cowardly about the truth.
    IcecreamCow likes this.
  11. Yes, but imagine how many people would be using illegal mods if we didn't have the rules against them.
    mba2012 likes this.
  12. I skimmed over most of this. Just wanted to point out, gun laws are actually stricter in america than most people outside of the country may think. Yes, there are some states that are more lenient than others. However, our northern cousins have a much more lenient gun control system, and average more firearms per person in the population than america. So gun control is not the only problem. Yeah, there should be ways to prevent it better, and every time a disaster like this happens, things do happen. But picking a side simply because of tragedy does not make you a speaker. Thats a common mistake in politics, using a horrible situation like this, to push things like stricter gun control laws, that could do more harm than good, just because the public will be more open to it, because of this.

Depending on your state, gun control ranges from very strict, to very lenient. My state, for example, very lenient. I can get a license in about 12 hours to 3 days depending on the type of gun (handgun, rifle, ect). Whereas, if I were to travel to New York, or even yet, New York City, where gun laws are unbelievably strict, it is a different story. However, my state has no problems with people walking into schools killing people or even murder on a daily basis. Yet, New York City, has these extrememly strict rules and it only just last week did it have its first day of 'No reports of violence/murder' in a decade. Making guns harder to get is not the issue. A person who is crazy enough to walk in and shoot children, will always be a crazy person that will walk into a school and shoot children. Whether he be in America, Canada, Australia, or New Zeland. Like Jeremy said, we have quite a larger population, the chances of us getting that '1 in 1 million chance' of someone that crazy, is just much higher.

The most sickening part about tragedies like these, are the fact that some people stand on it, like a pedestal to prove some kind of point. There are people who are childless tonight. I can care less if I never touch another gun again, but these families and this event should not be plastered like some kind of example. Drilling into peoples heads 'This could have been prevented if so and so had voted this way'. You think these families want to hear that? No. They want to mourn. That have the right to do that. Yet popular media will turn this in to a political building block to 'make things happen'.

Aside from giving every single person who asks for a gun a psych evaluation before purchase, or license, there is not much more you can do other than say 'No one can have guns'. Which, in a country based heavily on the given rights of the people, would be bad. Yet, you cant do things like psych eval's for everyone. Because that would cause therapists to break patient client privilege which they have a duty to do even now if someone were to threaten another's life. And even if it did get enacted, someone will just lie. In a sociopath, it is impossible to tell apart lie from truth. Any therapist will tell you that.

The synopsis is, gun control is not the problem, people are the problem. If someone wants to do crazy stuff like this, they are going to do it. No matter how hard it is to do it. All of the greatest tragedies involving guns in our country are from determined people. The V-Tech Shooting, the DC sniper, Columbine. These are people who would have done what they did no matter what. Their brain was pushing them to do it. No amount of control, rules, or regulation would have prevented it.
  13. Then they would not be illegal, haha.
    mba2012, Amazin_Swordfish and L0tad like this.
  14. I think you realize the point I was trying to make. More people would be using hack mods if there were not rules against the mods.
    mba2012 likes this.
  15. I will most likely never own a gun. I am scared of them, they're loud, and a dangerous weapon.. But knives are a dangerous weapon as well.
    People are sick, and twisted. They will pretend to be a salvation army donation taker person, only to steal your money for their own gain.. They will kill children, like that article stated.. They will hang cats from a tree with a noose.. They will rob your home, strip you of your sense of security, and probably kill you.. They can do that without a gun too, using a knife instead. I don't fear knives, though.

I am scared of guns, but I am scared of people even more.. But I understand that there are some good people out there, like this guyin the article I am linking below. He did not deserve to be fired, he deserved to get a medal. I believe teachers should be allowed to conceal carry on school premises, because in this case, it most likely would of saved a lot of those children.
    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/aut...d-for-using-his-gun-to-ward-off-armed-robber/
  16. True. Though, my point here, is MR2 thinks there is a magic law that will stop it completely while not looking at the big picture.
  17. Thats a thing of the past for me, way in the past, bringing it up in a friendly debate.... yea thats cowardly, and not necessary. Sorta like a punch from behind in a real fight when the opposition was not expecting a thing.
  18. I wasn't even referencing you specifically, I was talking about the handful of people who do it on a daily basis...but yes, you are a good example of what I'm trying to say. At one point you used to be very anti-illegal mods and how people are cheap for using them and how it is against the rules. Yet you yourself used them. So, if the law can't stop you, someone who is FOR having laws, why would it stop anyone else?
  19. Magic law... hmmm, I didnt just say it would be a law entirely that would fix this situation. So dont know what you are getting at there.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.