Snapshots for 1.16

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by Talechaser, Feb 6, 2020.

1. They only spawn once with the gen of the structure so once defeated you rule the structure
    607 likes this.
  2. That's interesting, thanks! :) Now that I know they only spawn in bastions, I can appreciate it. I suppose the idea is that you should not explore a bastion until you've got very strong gear, as is the case with the underwater structures.
  3. I'd imagine they likely reloaded just to make the biomes easier to access - generation would probably be fine but walking 10,000 blocks to find a soulsand delta would probably suck. Wondering if we'll get a nether waste reset along with 1.16 - the last nether update (where quartz was added) had no reset which saw the creation of a pay-for-access rail line called the Quartz Express that took you out to new chunks where quartz would spawn. Can't see that happening now, though.
    607 likes this.
  4. EMC plans on resetting the Wastelands Nether. The Frontier Nether will not be reset.

I anticipate some sick images of chunk border issues in the Frontier Nether after EMC launches 1.16! (Similar to how this has happened in previous versions of Minecraft. :D)
    607 likes this.
  5. For the wild wonder how far out we will have to go to get new chunks
  6. pretty damn far
  7. Im assuming there is no way to update some chunks and paste in builds?
  8. No:

1. You cannot update data for chunks that do not yet exist.

2. The Frontier is massive. Compared to the wastelands (which extend out thousands of blocks), the Frontier extends out millions of blocks. The amount of effort, and time, to convert every chunk, not to mention preserving structures, would be tremendous. --- Also, you run into the "Does the community really need this?" question. More importantly, you run into the "Does the community they really want this?" question. Even then, it'd take too long, of which would present more points of failure than to simply let things be left alone when EMC updates.

tl;dr, Essentially, it won't happen.

--------------------------------------------
    However... that makes the trek out into the Frontier Nether even more exciting! You have to go out a long distance to see the new chunks, which would prove to you that you have more endurance than others to go and do it!! :D

(The only exception to that is if there are any chunks close to an outpost that have not been explored yet. Very unlikely, but not impossible.)
    Bunjimon348 likes this.
  9. Doesn't the dark red indicate unexplored chunks?

I am sorry for posting off-topic in this thread. However, considering that everyone besides me seems to not mind doing so, and that I would like to be able to participate in the discussion, and deem it unlikely that I will be able to move it into Community Discussion without any complications, I am posting here anyway.
  10. Assuming you are talking about the burgundy color. That is the boundary between 1.15 chunks and pre-1.15 chunks.

That color on the OUTSIDE of the 5000 block circle is unexplored chunks.
    BennyBeltsjets likes this.
  11. Looks like 1.16.2 has nerfed piglin bartering, will be interested to see how exactly this changes bartering farms
    607 and wafflecoffee like this.
  12. agreed, these are some pretty harsh changes, I don't think it is nearly as big of a deal as it was before.
    607, naMrorriM and jacob5089 like this.
  13. 607 likes this.
  14. Glowstone and Magma Cream are no longer bartered? That's a bit of a shame. If I happen to spawn far away from a Nether Fortress, that would have surely been helpful. I'm a bit disappointed that they removed that in 1.16.2. :(
  15. 1.16 is so crazy... like the nether will never be the same again.
    607 and Bunjimon348 like this.
  16. Agreed! Maybe an even bigger chance than 1.7. Although... much more time is spent in the overworld than in the nether, so it might not be as influential.
    AncientTower likes this.
  17. Who doesn't want a material better than diamond? I haven't heard this. You need the diamond tools and armor to be able to create the netherite versions anyway.
  18. is a meme
    wafflecoffee and Bunjimon348 like this.
  19. I know, but it looks like a meme created in response to a common complaint. :p
    Impulsive_Egg likes this.