SMP8 Public Wild Utilities

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by khixan, Jun 16, 2015.

?

SMP8 wants ???

XP Grinders 145 vote(s) 46.0%
Iron Farm 63 vote(s) 20.0%
Gold Farm 52 vote(s) 16.5%
Guardian Farm 39 vote(s) 12.4%
Other (leave in comments) 16 vote(s) 5.1%
  1. Fort Wart crusher is broken -- lever activates top piston, but the bottom one is failing to work. This was reported / told by AdinD. Figured I'd report that here, if someone is able to go check it out/fix it. I'd check it myself, but I'm not as knowledgeable on Fort Wart as I am the other parts of PWU I help with.
    khixan and Tuqueque like this.
  2. Oop, Adin just reported it, as you can see. I still felt it'd be best to report it, anyway.
    Tuqueque and khixan like this.
  3. Also how should I go about dealing with people "hijacking" spawners when you're using them? As far as I know there isn't a time limit rule in place but when I'm using a spawner for 2 minutes and someone comes over and either starts agroing/killing blazes or loots the witch chest it's a bit annoying...
    JohnKid and Tuqueque like this.
  4. John, I'm eating dinner and then I gotta get back to work.

It's just a boring old 2 pistons with a lever if memory serves. Nothing complicated to it at all. The only trick to fixing it is that you have to place the blocks, pistons and lever (in buildmode). One person has to place it all. The piston can't push a block placed by someone else. Redstone gets funky with the antigrief update if done by more than 1 person.

Someone probably destroyed the bottom block by accident with a sword, replaced it, and now the piston can't push it. That's my best guess for what it's worth. Thanks guys!
  5. There are 4 blaze spawner grinders at Hot Rods, so I'm surprised anyone had to share one. I'd politely let them know this. Worst case, go use one of the other 3 grinders. #3 and #4 are more remote, and you'll get fewer people at them.

If you're not AFK and using Fort Wart and someone starts raiding the kill chest, that's essentially theft. Again, politely and calmly point out to them that they shouldn't be in the kill chest while you are putting drops into it. Ask them to please wait their turn.

If politely explaining things to the other player doesn't work, ask a mod for assistance.

Most of the PWU builds will support multiple players (Sushi Drop, Pigmentus, etc). For the oddballs that don't like Fort Wart or Bone Machine, the rule of thumb is it's yours for 30 minutes*.

* If you are not AFK. AFK = you aren't there and forfeited your turn.
    * If other people are waiting in line to use it. If no one else is waiting, use it as long as you like.
  6. That's okay, Khix ! I just wanted to report it here, anyway.

Well, I'll go check it out and see if I can fix it. If I cannot, it is likely due to not having the proper vouch for it, and I'll see if I can get ahold of someone ^^'.
  7. I can hop on and check it out if need be.
    JohnKid, Tuqueque and khixan like this.
  8. I cannot fix the crusher, as one of the blocks (the one that is breaking the crusher) is placed by MrCDub, which I cannot break because I am not on Dub's friends list, and I don't know who all can vouch for me.

Until Dub can come online or someone can vouch for me, I cannot fix the crusher and it will be temporarily out of order. My apologies for the inconvenience and bother.
    ShelLuser, TuqDufRhySmp8 and khixan like this.
  9. Maybe you can get Staff to assist. They may be willing to if you explain the circumstance and they are willing to take the time to destroy the block and watch you replace the mechanism as intended.
    Tuqueque, khixan and JohnKid like this.
  10. I attempted to ask staff for help, but they told me I'd have to wait for Dub, or a vouch. Thank you anyway!
  11. Fort Wart crusher is now fixed. My apologies for all the fuss! Enjoy :).
  12. There's a blizz ard roaming around the slime farm area outside. It's been after me a few times. May I or someone kill it or is it escaped from somewhere here and needs to be trapped/retrapped??

It's right now literally in front of the slime farm entrance. Can't seem to lead it away. Stupid Blizz Ard.
    I dun know if I 'm allowed to kill you! D:
    Tuqueque and AhsokaTower like this.
  13. Since I didn't want to get in trouble if I killed it, and it needed to get out of the way for any slime/squid farmers, BurgerKnight and I lured away the Blizz Ard and captured it in case anyone wants to use it for the snow farm or something. It's in the stone box over past the tree farm thing on the ice. Coords: x 650, y 63, z 12654.
  14. Thank you JohnKid, Arystina, and BK :)

Hit up Slvr or AverageWalrus regarding the Blizz. They run Slime Time. Cheers, thanks and night all :)
    JohnKid, Equinox_Boss and Tuqueque like this.
  15. Hot Rods has been repaired. Thank you Corrupted for investigating and notifying me! :)
    Tuqueque and JohnKid like this.
  16. ShelLuser likes this.
  17. I still feel bad about this, and wanted to help out with PWU even before I pulled that bonehead stunt.

I don't have much in the way of resources, but I have my infrastructure in place to be a decent resource gatherer, and I'm not terrible at Redstone. I'm not very good at making it compact, but I can usually make it work.

What project can I help with?
    TuqDufRhySmp8 and khixan like this.
  18. Left to my own devices, My two ideas are a relatively low budget Wither safe public kill area, some nether bedrock area, close to the rails, make it pretty, install a piston, for folks that just want to turn skulls into a nether star.
    (to prevent folks from making my boneheaded mistake)

Or an EnderRender. Cuz I am tired of tying up Pigmentus just to repair my mending tools.

Although I am very much a function over form guy, neither will be as pretty as the other PWU projects.
  19. Don't worry about it, just make sure to not do it again. :)
    ForeverMaster provided smp8 with a enderman farm in the wild's end (turn around when you enter end)

As for wither killing area, we have been looking for designs, to make it as noob proof as possible because there are always people which don't follow instructions even if you make 20 signs identical saying the same thing... So we are strugling with that... If you have any ideas to make it noob proof, pm khixan :)
    khixan and ShelLuser like this.
  20. went out to FeII recently and found that a couple of golems spawned in the bottem of towers 2 and 4. I got in and delt with them but was unable to find where they spawned from as everything is slabed as it supposed to be