SMP8 Public Wild Utilities

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by khixan, Jun 16, 2015.

?

SMP8 wants ???

XP Grinders 145 vote(s) 46.0%
Iron Farm 63 vote(s) 20.0%
Gold Farm 52 vote(s) 16.5%
Guardian Farm 39 vote(s) 12.4%
Other (leave in comments) 16 vote(s) 5.1%
  1. lol, i went 2 mend my tools, and i end up with using them so that i can fix some probs ^.^

small griefing or accident or maybe just unfinished @ sushi drop:

there was 1 stone missing, i investigated and discovered that the blocks werent protected. i got some mats and replaced the whole wall below the 1st row of jack'lanterns but this time used buildmode so now no1 can grief (or make accidents).

the stone generator doesn't work:

turned the machine on, it makes lots of noise but no stone is generated. as u can see shell said that it would be better not 2 try and get in b/c u can break things and then dont know how 2 repair it.

at the first intersection (where u need 2 climb the ladder to get to pigmentus or take the other rails 4 sushi drop) theres a small prob. when u arrive from sushi drop:

if u jump out of ur cart an dland on the pressure plate then ur cart will take off. i want 2 suggest that we replace the powered rail with normal rail. I tried 2 break (and replace!) but cant, it was placed by Lacronton.

And shell added a tinyurl link 4 PWU: http://tinyurl.com/smp8pwu, this points to this thread! i complained that it was so hard 2 tell ppl about PWU, and now its a lot easier ^.^
    cubefragment and TuqDufRhySmp8 like this.
  2. I think the URL is broken.
    AyanamiKun and TuqDufRhySmp8 like this.
  3. fixed! lol, soz, forgot 2 add .com ^.^
    TuqDufRhySmp8 likes this.
  4. Shoutout to Slvr for notifying me that the trapdoors at FeII had been broken. Because of this, the problem was able to be quickly fixed and safe iron farming could resume shortly. Remember, if the trapdoors are ever broken again, give me a shout. :)
  5. pffff, busy week 4 me....

i did something drastic :confused:

long story: witherdoggie found a player afk behind the kill area. 200+ piggiemen! :eek: a sign in front of pigmentus showed it happened earlier (sign was removed by me). i asked BK 4 help and he helped (id rather not talk about that).

i think i understand why this happens... theres a "dont afk" sign @ kill zone but what if u are behind kill zone?

so i did something:

added 3 signs not to afk inside pigmentus.

baradar helped with middle sign. there was a zombie piggie head there, but placed by a derelict player. i asked if it was possible to get perms 2 remove & replace (I destroyed the head). so now we have 3 warnings.

burgerknight helped with checking spawn area. 32 blocks outside portals is spawn area.

Suggestion: why don't we add "no afk" zone? blocks which show where you should not afk?

so if u stand on block (i dunno: polished granite?) u cant go afk.
  6. Just wanted to say this:
    Erektus, EmoryCrafts, OfficialGrandpa, Prometha, virusswarm, malaiseous, needsfoodbadly, medicohotpants, awesomekittyzom, mainmoose8, pamboy. Your locked chest have been reclaimed for public use, and the items stored at /v +ptu@pwuderelict
    AyanamiKun likes this.
  7. Tuqueque likes this.
  8. If you want to do one on smp8 I would suggest going to smp7 and check out the one cubefragment built out at wild east. It's an auto wither farm. You summon and it kills itself and you get the star.
    khixan and Tuqueque like this.
  9. I think I found the issue with squid doom. in order for it to work all the time the water where the squids spawn needs to be 128 blocks away in all directions from any other water source. squid doom does not meet that requirement. the whole thing is surrounded by water allowing the squid to spawn other places other then the farm itself
    Tuqueque likes this.
  10. Does this mean you can fix it?
    Tuqueque likes this.
  11. It's ice...

its frozen water.
    Tuqueque likes this.

12. There is more than ice there is water too.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  13. I could but I dont have the time right now. all that needs to happen is someone needs to go around the farm and fill in the water blocks on the outside then go under the farm and fill in the water.
    Tuqueque and Tbird1128 like this.
  14. Can you put signs up in the area that needs to be done? That way I can go out and help you out.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  15. BONE MACHINE IS OPEN!!!

Huge thanks to Rhy for the skull, and TBird for finishing everything up single handedly! Thank you!
    I've updated the OP on this thread. I'm also out of room on the OP. We're gonna need a bigger thread...
    Thank you all, enjoy <3
    AyanamiKun, Tuqueque and Tbird1128 like this.
  16. Apologies!

If anyone is using pigmentus around the time of writing they may end up with group protection. That is my doing. and I am fixing this. Was bringing a new player to smp8 and we were in a group to chat. you get the idea. I'll fix but if something does happen you now know why.

Strategy is killing all mobs then forcekilling the group. I'm on it guys!
    Tuqueque and khixan like this.
  17. Or disconnect and reconnect.....
    ShelLuser and Tuqueque like this.
  18. Issue is fixed. I kicked the new player from the group (he also noticed the problem which I think is important), then I killed the rest of the mobs and removed myself from the group as well before new mobs got attacked. Its all good now.

Only faded got affected by this but we worked it out (pls no kill me, I'll pay you the 3 parrots soonish :D)

EMC = best. server. ever.! :p

And ya can't beat that!
    khixan, Tuqueque and FadedMartian like this.
  19. Ima kill u Mr. Shel, sir >:3

Choose your death: spleef, or tnt. :p
    khixan, ShelLuser and Tuqueque like this.
  20. 3 Grinders suffered a small griefing. Someone ripped out the very small park that I believe Ulti did a long long time ago before /bmode was a thing.
    Ulti, do you want to redo it, or should I ask for volunteers to remake it? Thanks!
    Also, ty Tbird for reporting that issue and showing it to mods!
    Tuqueque likes this.