SMP8 Public Wild Utilities

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by khixan, Jun 16, 2015.

?

SMP8 wants ???

XP Grinders 145 vote(s) 46.0%
Iron Farm 63 vote(s) 20.0%
Gold Farm 52 vote(s) 16.5%
Guardian Farm 39 vote(s) 12.4%
Other (leave in comments) 16 vote(s) 5.1%
  1. If they spawned outside of the doors, they just sometimes do that. I don't really it's anything there's a fix for / that can be found, they just occasionally have the small chance to spawn outside of the general area. But this is just from what I remember being told and have observed. If anyone wants / needs to correct me, go for it :)
    TuqDufRhySmp8 and khixan like this.
  2. I've got an idea with detector blocks and a bit of redstone, I just need to track down a relatively flat section of bedrock roof. I'll keep digging around and put something together, test it, then ask someone to come by and take a look. As for idiot proof, well there's no such thing, the army proved that they can always make a better idiot.
    TuqDufRhySmp8 likes this.
  3. withers jump through the bed rock on emc in the nether. I tried it many times. each time the wither get stuck when I go to hit it it jumps completely through the bedrock
  4. I guess I should have assumed that after watching one blink through a wall. I just chalked it up to being on PS setting 7.
  5. There was a minor griefing at RD's architect's tower (overworld end entrance), and more griefing around the arena. I have repaired the worst of it. Thank you BK for investigating and helping!

On another note, I am at the character limit on the OP. When Bone Machine is finished, I'm going to have to move some things around on there.

Cheers all!
    TuqDufRhySmp8 and cubefragment like this.
  6. Vinsombra, I have been MIA working 2 jobs IRL for several months. Right now, we're in a holding pattern till I return in 3 weeks. We need to finish up Bone Machine when I get back online regularly. Thanks!
  7. Someone has gone around PWU, in particular Pigmanteus, breaking blocks, seemingly unprotected blocks. Also, over by FE (II):

Check the album here

EDIT: Got Slvr checking it out.
    khixan and TuqDufRhySmp8 like this.
  8. What were the main types of blocks that were taken? I can probably throw the PWU team some materials if needed.
  9. -Stone brick slabs
    -Red sandstone
    -Sea lanterns

A half stack of all would be more than enough :)
  10. Someone with perms did... Sea lanterns are auto prot by Anti Grief
  11. Intresting. How many people have perms?
  12. Well Slvr says the griefer can't be identified.
  13. Check for who owns the sea lanterns that are near the ones broken, so it tells you who is the owner. If not, the list is big, since khixan is the hub to all PWU build perms
  14. They're not protected lmao

EDIT: Most blocks down there aren't protected..
  15. Thank you all for investigating!

Mats are on my 3rd at tp PWU. Tuq and Rhy and Slvr all have perms on that res. Faded, I'm less sure if you do also. Holler if you need stuffs, we probably have it :)
    TuqDufRhySmp8 and FadedMartian like this.
  16. ppl reported escaped blaze @ hot rods, grinder 2.

dont have time 2 investigate now, ppl also said there was no damage and blaze already despawned, but i think we need 2 investigate anyway? imma going to 2morrow.
  17. as promised i checked all hot rod grinders 2day, as expected: no damage. i killed blazes following rules (use crusher) but also aggro'd them 2 check what would happen. no worries ^.^

i think ppl used too high difficulty, if ur diff is too high then mobs can teleport 2 u.

so i want 2 suggest we add signs 2 warn ppl to use normal diff (/diff 5), is that ok? imma also ask in-game b/c khixan is online now ^.^

update: talked with khixan, she gave go, so imma add warnings so ppl dont use 2 high difficulty.
  18. so i talked 2 khixan and we decided 2 add warnings. i did have a little help from shelly here ^.^

grinders 1 & 2:

grinder 3:

grinder 4:

i hope this will prevent ppl from teleporting blazes
  19. I went ahead and fixed the trapdoors that had been broken at FeII. If this sort of thing happens again, yell at me and I'll head out there to re-open them.
  20. I found out a way to evitate people trampling melons and pumpkins(wool carpets, duh! why we didnt thought of that, if someone want to suggest a color other than white, then pls do so!). Also, fixed the shrooms from the overworld nether hub(added boneblocks as stems and finished protecting other shroom top blocks.