SMP8 Public Wild Utilities

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by khixan, Jun 16, 2015.

?

SMP8 wants ???

XP Grinders 145 vote(s) 46.0%
Iron Farm 63 vote(s) 20.0%
Gold Farm 52 vote(s) 16.5%
Guardian Farm 39 vote(s) 12.4%
Other (leave in comments) 16 vote(s) 5.1%
  1. Found an issue with Fe(II) where golems can hit you if you're pressed up against the center wall. Will move the wall out 1 block to see if that fixes anything.
    Tuqueque and khixan like this.
  2. i was wondering if there is a chance you could add more lighting to pigmantus not sure if that would help creepers* from spawning

*killed without incident
  3. I've never seen any non-pigman mobs in there before. Mebbe a torch was forgotten during the last redesign?
    MWRGaming and Tuqueque like this.
  4. While that is being added in the future
    When you might have to rework the lighting, Could you also add:
    A lever be added for an "i want to leave now" feature
    instead of having to wait for pigman to stop spawning or just leaving some there
    which can also be switched when a player is noticed to be afk there as well
    Tuqueque and FadedMartian2 like this.
  5. was a prob. with Pigmentus 2day :confused:

was a sandstone slab missing so pig babies got out and tried 2 kill ppl. shell got mats from grip & brought it but forgot his gear (lol) so also got almost killed. bralukwie helped me 2 make room so i could repair stuff:

was great help! ^.^

one thing im not sure off is if there should be a block here:

i saw slime blocks there and i know redstone can break if u place protected blocks. so i left this alone.

pigmentus works, babies dont get out, but maybe some1 can check if there should be a block here.
  6. I was told to stay away from 8 until I was more acclimated to the environment of EMC. It seems by all the pictures /smp8 has got some nice public farms. I guess next time i'm on I'll need to check them out. :rolleyes:
  7. There are farms, but there's also this. :p
    Sealeon, Tuqueque, AyanamiKun and 2 others like this.
  8. Does any1 know if Blizz from End was deleted cause of the latest update, if its gone then:

9. I've noticed that when you go to Fe(II), there's sometimes a pile up of 200+ golems.
    I don't know if this is a bug, fault in the design or someone AFKing for too long.
    I had an extreme experience earlier with 600~ entities, and one previously with 450~.
    khixan and Tuq_SolidColor like this.
  10. It could be because people out at pigments and it loads part of fe(II) so that could be the problem.
  11. That doesn't sound like a problem to me. It sounds like a dc of ingots.
    Doorfne, khixan and Tuqueque like this.
  12. Yeah, I wish but they drop barely anything for some reason. From 200~ I got 82 iron blocks.
  13. The math on this seems right. If your using looting 3. Then on average your getting 3.5 ingots per Golem. The drop rate sounds right on.
  14. The last time that was happening regularly, it was due to a version change that caused golems to jam at the intersections. We fixed that. The time before that, it was due to a griefing. Someone broke in and pillared up leaving blocks that were jamming up the golems.
    If we get a snowstorm Monday night, I will be on Tuesday. Everyone do a snow dance!
    Barring reliance on Mother Nature giving me free time, someone from PWU go inspect Fe(II) please and thanks!
    Tuq_SolidColor likes this.
  15. where is the squid farm located. im not seeing any directions to it
  16. Squid doom was left out from PWU and handed to someone else because we will (hopefully) build a new squid farm near other utilities. Either way, here is how to get to Squid doom(i dont know if its still working)
    khixan likes this.
  17. Adding onto what Tuq already said, Squid Doom is a bit wonky. You luck out and it works great, or it does nothing. Then you wind up going 100 blocks from it to "reload" and try again. It can be aggravating.

I'm hoping someone has a squid farm design that works well on EMC, and that they'll donate the design to PWU for a future build. Squid Doom is based on the Squid Mother design, and it wound up being very hit/miss on EMC, though it works fantastic in single player..
    Tuqueque likes this.
  18. I think the trash disposal for Pigmentus is broken. It may be a simple fix. So if someone could take a look at that.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  19. Squid Doom (and the subsequent nearby complex) is controlled by myself and AverageWalrus. That said, it is in need of some repairs and perhaps upgrades. It may not work fantastically, but it can certainly get you a stack or so of ink if you're patient and don't need much. This farm is by no means for farming SCs or DCs of ink.

Slime Time, on the other hand, has had major renovations and repairs. You (and anyone else reading this!) are welcome to use it. The chests and signs for locking may not be in working order (will need to replace them in /noprotectmode) but the farm is working wonderfully for the time being. I myself got over 3 DCs of slime while working at the farm and I spent very little time actually on the floors with the slimes.

To get there, just follow the instructions tuq gave. :)
    khixan and Tuqueque like this.
  20. Fort wart's crusher doesn't seem to work. Enraged skele in there I can't kill.
    JohnKid, khixan and Tuqueque like this.