SMP8 Public Wild Utilities

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by khixan, Jun 16, 2015.

?

SMP8 wants ???

XP Grinders 145 vote(s) 46.0%
Iron Farm 63 vote(s) 20.0%
Gold Farm 52 vote(s) 16.5%
Guardian Farm 39 vote(s) 12.4%
Other (leave in comments) 16 vote(s) 5.1%
  1. I am blown away. Thank you so much PWU team. Wow. Just wow. Thank you guys <3
    Sealeon, _Bunni__, ThaKloned and 11 others like this.
  2. What's Cooking with SMP8 Public Wild Utilities (PWU)?
    For those who want to know what's done, what we're currently doing, and what's coming up in the next few months.

Please give a warm welcome to JDHallow for joining the PWU maintenance team :D

What's Been Done Recently
    • I've returned from my December vacation. Hope everyone had great holidays!
    • Ben made a tree eater out along the Wild North PWU road.
    What's In Progress
    • Testing and checking all the builds with the new 1.11.2 update.
      • Fe(II) is having issues with golems backing up and causing lag. I have hopefully fixed this. Thank you Lacronton for the help! Fingers crossed.
      • Pigmentus is good.
      • I have not had time to check all the other builds. PWU team, if you have time, please check a build and post about it here. Thank you!
    • Ben and Willikers found a Skeleton spawner out at Wild North, but upon further inspection, it looks like someone found it before them. We need to investigate this with a mod before we do anything further to it because we've been unable to reach the player so far. It would be fabulous to have a dedicated skeleton grinder added to the PWU builds, especially since bone blocks are now a thing. The small one at Sushi Drop is not efficient due to its location.
    What's coming up in the future?
    • Slime farm at Wild North. Find a great slime chunk/s at Wild North at least 100 blocks away from the other builds. We have one potential spot so far. Please let me know if you find more folks!
    • Squid farm at Wild North. I need a technical designer with experience on EMC making squid farms please. Merek is working on this design.
    • SeffyChan's Murder Hole. This is a generic mob grinder and would involve another "big dig" like the one we did for the witch hut. MrC is also working on an update design around this idea that's especially focused on creepers.
    • Ghast Farm - WitherDoggie. This is a new design by Doggie different than the Scream Machine I was toying with doing. It still needs review and testing for EMC.
    • Magma Cube Farm - Maybe this can be combined with the ghast farm? Not sure yet. Again, we're still in the ideas phase on this.
    • Wither killing area. Prometha brought up this idea before, and Tuq has raised it again. Corruptedsmile already has a challenge/fun wither killing area. This idea is more about a fast easy efficient wither killing spot. It has many challenges to it. The wither is destructive. The wither's behavior changes with player difficulty settings. Etc. This one is solely in the "throwing ideas around" stage.
    That's everything I can think of for now. If you're interested in any of these projects, please post here on this thread. "In Progress" projects take priority over the future projects, so please, have some patience if your interest is for a future one
    EnderSkele, Tuqueque and PineappleGem like this.
  3. I'll gladly help with supplies and moral support!

Terrible at building, though. :)

Please let me know what is needed and I'll try and help!
    Tuqueque and khixan like this.
  4. Ghast farm needs 1.11 testing, but unless 1.10/1.11 changed ghast spawn rules, it should be perfectly fine. I'll do some testing in the next few days to ensure it works.
    Tuqueque, LordessSpartan_ and khixan like this.
  5. Ghasts have a higher rate of fire now and seem to straft better that they used to. But this is all just from my experience while buildin a road thru the netherwastes.
  6. I hate to say/inform... but the "fix" for backed up golems does not appear to have worked... there as absolutely horrid backup / clog on one side, and I'm about to check the other to see if the same thing is up. They just seem to be getting stuck at the T-section.
    khixan and Tuqueque like this.
  7. Yep, it's clogged both sides. I believe it's an issue with the T-Sections, and them colliding with each other before being able to slide down and get killed / go into the killing area. Sorry to break that bad news :(
  8. I heard, thanks John. I'll be on tonight to work on it.
    ThatMerryElfKid and Tuqueque like this.
  9. There is now lava in place at both T-junctions of Fe(II) to deal with golems that get stuck. These are to remain in place until Khixan says otherwise :D
    khixan, Tuqueque and ThatMerryElfKid like this.
  10. Thanks, Lac ! At least it'll help clear up the lag it's been causing until things can be fixed up otherwise, IF fixed up otherwise :)
  11. A solution I've come up with is for the tunnels to be staggered height-wise, one tunnel feeds into the other. Only problem I foresee with this solution is space, I dont think we have enough for it :(
    khixan, JohnKid and Tuqueque like this.
  12. Hey guys, I'm not apart of the PWU team, but, I want to help, and speaking of killing the wither, if creepers can't break protected blocks, then can the wither? This is just a little idea I thought of, because if he can't; then it should be easier to build a trap...?
    Tuqueque likes this.
  13. Okay so on my way out to FE(II) to get some iron I seen a sign. It said that the afk area was broken. So I went down did some look at where the golems come down and to me it seems they are moving to slow and burn up to fast to make it to afk area. So if someone could come take a look that would be great.
  14. The Wither definitely breaks protected anything and all blocks. Thanks for the thought though!

Sorry Willikers (and everyone). We HAD to mess up the AFK function on Fe(II). We will fix it. Since the 1.11.2 update, golems now clog up at the 2 T intersections. It's a real headache and I'm going to have to use a vertical solution to fix it which means I have to drag poor rdmaster out there with me to redo the AFK chamber (lower it). I'll have to also rip out the 2 tunnels, lower the kill chamber, etc etc. It's not a fast fix and it will take me at least 2-3 hours to do. Lac put up a post for me above explaining that we've temporarily had to put lava at the clog up points to prevent the entity count from going bonkers. That means many golems are coming through extra weakened.
    Tuqueque and Slvr like this.
  15. All good I don't use the afk area anyways but was like better see what is wrong
    Tuqueque likes this.
  16. Fe(II) is temporarily closed while we fix the 1.11.2 issues that are causing golems to clog and back up. We expect to have this all fixed by the end of today hopefully. Thank you!
    Tuqueque, JohnKid and PineappleGem like this.
  17. Fe(II) has been hopefully fixed from the 1.11.2 clogging problems. If anyone can please test it, that would be great, thank you!
    Also, MWRGaming has a sign at Fe(II) that I can't remove saying this is still broken. If anyone spots him online... ;)
    Tuqueque and PineappleGem like this.
  18. seems to work, khixan! yay!
    love the magma blocks! I'm going to guess you replaced all the lava with them, because it seems like less lighting from the tunnels in the kill area :D
  19. hello everyone i am new to this... a good friend gave me this account and said it was for me to use (sorry if I am a noob) but i was wondering if anyone was interested in making a giant normal mob farm with me. If you want to it would be really cool.

also my friend says he is not on the best of terms with the PWU (which is understandable)
    but please (if he did anything stupid with this account) know that i haven' done those things and i am really new to emc though it says i have been here for almost 150 days ;-;
    Tuqueque likes this.
  20. Thanks Pineapple! :D

Hi Puffidilo,
    I have no memory of your username, so zero clue what the old holder of your name is talking about. Sorry he feels that way though.
    I'm not sure if you were just looking for people to help you make your own mob farm (in which case, you'd be better served making your own thread), or if you were hoping a generic mob farm would be the next PWU build. As it happens, PWU is currently testing a large generic mob farm design. It will be on the poll (coming soon) for what PWU builds next. The contenders on the poll will be from the Future Projects listed on the newsletter that I put out on this thread a few days ago. Cheers :)
    Tuqueque likes this.