SMP8 Public Wild Utilities

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by khixan, Jun 16, 2015.

?

SMP8 wants ???

XP Grinders 145 vote(s) 46.0%
Iron Farm 63 vote(s) 20.0%
Gold Farm 52 vote(s) 16.5%
Guardian Farm 39 vote(s) 12.4%
Other (leave in comments) 16 vote(s) 5.1%
  1. thanks
    khixan and Tuqueque like this.
  2. Just a heads up the tree farm causes minecraft to crash for 1.11 users unmoded every time a tree grows.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  3. Oh boy. Guess we'll need to check all the farms after 1.11 comes out on EMC.

Not sure why a tree growing through bonemeal would cause you to crash on EMC. I'll have to ask around and do some research, thanks!
    LordessSpartan_ and Tuqueque like this.
  4. It is due to a change in 1.11 and the fact that EMC is still 1.9.4. Should fix itself once EMC updates. I believe it was a change to pistons, not tree growing.
    khixan, LordessSpartan_ and Tuqueque like this.
  5. its the whole design. i made a schematic of it and re made it in singleplayer 1.11. its still broke. it dosent cause minecraft to crash like when im on emc how ever the pistons quite working after 1 - 2 trees and dont fix them selfs even after clairing the trees
    khixan and LordessSpartan_ like this.
  6. If this is true then thats a bummer
    Tuqueque and khixan like this.
  7. If you use a 1.9 minecraft client, the tree farm works fine. The crashes has something to do with Minecraft 1.11 in general. I built someone else a farm like this, and they used a 1.11 client and crashed every time. Once they switched to a 1.9 client, the crashing stops.
    Tuqueque, khixan and LordessSpartan_ like this.
  8. bunny boat bridge slightly broken (bunnies looked so sad)

also -- the dispenser for the lava to kill those few freak iron golems that made it doesn't have a lava bucket? (at the iron farm)

edit: there's a skele horse in the iron farm too? (not sure if that's like a pet or something but)
  9. Went to do a checkup today on FE(II), ran into a clog in the system. Wasn't a griefing, but there was a holiday chest in the drop chute holding back golems. Thanks to Lacronton being prepared, we were able to break the chest and fix the issue / unclog the system.

I am continuing to do a search for anymore chests, as well as just a general checkup, but I believe any that were in the chute are no longer there.

Lacronton also discovered the lava bucket for the dispenser for killing the extra golem that made it's way to the AFK kill drops was missing, so he placed a new lava bucket in there, and also placed some stone brick stairs around the dispenser / fixed it up so people couldn't take out the bucket or mess with the dispenser.

Will continue to make check-ups into the new year, especially while many are on break and holiday chest are spawning.

Happy holidays!
  10. Decided to inspect the old railway and found something disturbing. 3 Grinders has been griefed.
    -Farm is bare with parts missing.
    -Shroomcow is gone.
    -There are random holes in the storage areas' walls and even some chests missing
    -Part of the ceiling in the enchantment area is missing.
    -I have sealed the area off for investigation.

Also, the beacons around the old railway's entrance are gone.
    Tunnel between Fe(II) and Sushi Drop has holes in it. Looks like targeted ore mining.
  11. The beacons around the the tunnel where WitherDoggie and I's and we have removed them.
  12. I thought that was the case but wasn't sure
  13. Thank you guys for checking on the builds and posting here!
    I'll be online this evening. If it's severe enough Lac, don't fix anything until a mod sees it please. You know the drill :)
    Cheers guys <3
    Tuqueque likes this.
  14. JDHallow has performed his inspection and granted clearance to repair. While I'm not privy to who griefed the place I did learn of some things we might want to be careful on.

1). None of the storage chests was buildmode protected
    2). None of the Prismarine in the rail tunnel was buildmode protected
    3). None of the dirt for the farm was buildmode protected

I dealt with the prismarine and I believe all the chests (3 Grinders is a rabbit warren) and placed another Edgar in the hole.
  15. This is because other players can not lock buildmode-placed chests. You can not lock another players protected block. Sure, it's risky not to have those protected, but they have to be that way in order for the chests to be able to be locked by other players.

Just thought I'd explain the reason behind that!
  16. . . . oops
    Tuqueque likes this.
  17. Thank you very much Lac for all your help!
    I was really NOT feeling up to anything today. Stupid migraine.

Unfortunately, JohnKid (MerryElf) is correct. All the chests and signs must be placed in /noprotectmode for players to be able to lock them. It's annoying that it lets people break them, but it's the only way to allow folks to lock their chests at the builds.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  18. ok, corrected the oops so they should be lockable now.
  19. EDIT: also, the bunny bridge is slightly broken

I thought something was up with the iron farm -- I once died to a golem who somehow climbed a little higher and hit me -- anyone wanna check this out? The left side water is a little higher.

20. EDIT: Should be all fixed. There was a massive golem jam up. Golems can now hit through blocks, so I see a redesign needed sometime :/ It mostly works as is though, so not high on my priority list.

I have been up since 6AM cleaning up Kye's throw up. I'm status "mom of sick child" for today unfortunately. And we all know I'll catch it next... ugh.

Sorry Pineapple. I'll get to it some other time, or another PWU member will have to deal with it. My new job also starts Tuesday, so I'm trying to get myself all situated for that too.

Tuqueque likes this.