SMP8 Public Wild Utilities

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by khixan, Jun 16, 2015.

?

SMP8 wants ???

XP Grinders 145 vote(s) 46.0%
Iron Farm 63 vote(s) 20.0%
Gold Farm 52 vote(s) 16.5%
Guardian Farm 39 vote(s) 12.4%
Other (leave in comments) 16 vote(s) 5.1%
  1. Now that the Nether Express is completed for Wild North builds (where all but 2 of our builds are located), it's time to take a holiday break for PWU.
    The next PWU build will not be until 2017. I'll post a poll in the new year asking what we should do next. As always, we will maintain the current builds. If you find a problem, please post in this thread and we'll get it handled.
    Huge thanks to everyone for maintaining the builds, and for all who helped on the Nether Express!
    Happy Holidays all :) Gobble Gobble...
    Lomax70, Tuqueque, ChumMiner and 3 others like this.
  2. ~Nether Rail Edition~
    Have you ever wanted to use public builds, but too lazy to walk 2000 blocks? Well, now YOU can travel 1000 blocks in 10 seconds! How cool is that? With top quality farms here on smp8, nothing can beat the PWU! :D Most of you have seen the actual farms, so lets showcase the Nether Rails! :)

Directory:
    Jadzz, AnimalGirl120, khixan and 2 others like this.
  3. The Nether Main Hub
    This is where all the magic happens. There are two levels, with many stations and public utilities. Both levels are compatible with ice-boats, minecarts, and even horses(on ice).
    If you didn’t know what these names stand for, well here they are. ;)
    Fe(II) - Iron Farm/Pigmentus - Gold and XP Farm
    Sushi Drop - Guardian Farm
    3 Grinders - Spider and Zombie Farms
    Hot Rods - Blaze Farm
    Fort Wart - Witch Farm

Overworld Portal Designer: khixan

Nether ‘Hub’ Designer: B0bbyTheBuild3r
  4. 3 Grinders
    Ever need lots of XP? Want to search some mineshafts? This is the place for you. 3 Grinders serve a variety of purposes. From gathering lots of string to hanging out in the chest rooms, 3 Grinders is an iconic station.
    Designer for Nether Station: Jadzz
    Located on the First Floor
    Travel Time: 11seconds

Jadzz, AnimalGirl120, khixan and 2 others like this.
  5. Fe(II)/Pigmentus
    Originally named after the amount of deaths(from falls) during build mode and the element, you won’t be disappointed if you visit here. With a travel time of ten seconds, gathering iron couldn’t be any easier. There are two options: afk and automatic. Everytime, you will find at least a stack of iron. The best iron farm on the empire. There are also comfortable stables for your horse friends. On the other side of the river, Pigmentus waits there for you. A giant statue greets your arrival and be prepared for mass amounts of pigmen. The only rule here: NEVER afk at Pigmentus. We have crashed smp8 several times because of this problem. ;)
    Designer for Nether Station: EnderMagic1
    Travel Time: 10seconds

*also a comfy Fe(II) lounge in the back of the nether station*
  6. Hot Rods
    A unique touch to the PWU complex. By the name, this public utility heats up everything around it. With a special piston funnel tool, this farm can kill all the blazes in 5 seconds. The design is spectacular with excellent glass panes and corridors.
    Designer for Nether Station: khixan and AverageWalrus
    Travel Time: 57seconds

7. Sushi Drop
    Khixan, the leader of the smp8 PWU builds, loves sushi. Be careful for falling guardians above your head. Walking out of the nether station, you will see the gorgeous prismarine, contrasted with pixel art and pumpkins. This build is magnificent. Also, Sushi Drop is AFK-accessible, but best utilized when the player is constantly moving. Stacks of fish, prismarine shards and crystals lay on the ground. So much loot. A skeleton grinder is on the side of the wall as well. :)
    Designer for Nether Station: khixan
    Located on the Second Floor
    Travel Time: 25seconds

8. Fort Wart
    The farthest public utility on smp8. Come stop by and grab some strength potions. Using the old rails, it took almost ten minutes to get to Fort Wart! Now it only takes two min. What a difference. When you step into Fort Wart, the surroundings change. It feels like a whole new dimension. This build supplies all of your potion needs with stunning amounts of witches. Go visit Fort Wart today! :D
    Designer for Nether Station: MeadMaker
    Travel Time: 2 minutes

9. Overview of Builders
    Thanks to everyone who helped out with this build.

B0bbyTheBuild3r, Tuqueque, CorruptedSmile, MrCDub, BenMA, Jadzia, rdmaster, BurgerKnight, PeachPenguin, EnderMagic1, GeneralWillikers, MeadMaker, ChrisFlareon, Bunni, BEK11, jhtk01, LordessSpartan, Lacronton, MancubPlayzMC, RenegadeFate, CreativityX, Luigiluigi71, RDSwartGamer, WayneKramer, and khixan.
    BenMA, Jadzz, AnimalGirl120 and 3 others like this.
  10. Lovely posts on the Wild North builds and the new Nether Express EnderMagic, thank you very much!

Did I say PWU was on vacation till 2017? Yes, yes I did. In spite of that planned break, BenMA doesn't take vacations, and has added a public tree eater to Wild North. There is no rail to this build because it is only a little ways down the existing Wild North PWU road. If you have a horse, mule or boat, you can reach it very quickly. The new tree eater is on the south side of the road (your left). BYOB & S = bring your own bonemeal and saplings and enjoy the convenience of the tree eater :) Thanks Ben!

Now really, I'm on PWU vacation till 2017. :p
    Tuqueque, PeachPenguin and BenMA like this.
  11. In all honestly I think the Nether Express has been the best build ever!
    With so many people joining it and helping it would have never been possible over the past few years and I don't know how I would have been able to get items. But it's been fun building the builds!!
    ~ To 2017 ~
  12. Hey khixan I went out to the tree eater and noticed no blocks on the pistons. I don't know if there is suppose to be blocks on them to crush the leaves. If there is suppose to be blocks on the pistons could you please tell Benma.
    Tuqueque and BenMA like this.
  13. Someone must have mined those too.... I'll be on later to fix it. Thanks for letting me know.
    Nighthawk3846 and Tuqueque like this.
  14. Did you build it with Buildmode on?
  15. Np also I have came across a skeleton spawner not to far away from the tree eater. We could use that to provide bonemeal for the farm. I am working on clearing it out incase we want to.
    khixan and Tuqueque like this.
  16. I did yes, it was probably someone on my friends list.
    Nighthawk3846 and Tuqueque like this.
  17. I thought if you put buildmode protected blocks infront of pistons it stops the pistons pushing blocks?
    Tuqueque likes this.
  18. Pistons eliminate the bmode in bmode block...
  19. anti grief exploit aikar has been pmed the blocks can't be protected sadly, build mode or not
    Tuqueque likes this.
  20. the piston pushes the block moving it the piston was placed by the person who wants to move the block so it works
    when the block leaves it's space it becomes unprotected
    Tuqueque and crazyminerpete like this.