SMP8 Public Wild Utilities

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by khixan, Jun 16, 2015.

?

SMP8 wants ???

XP Grinders 145 vote(s) 46.0%
Iron Farm 63 vote(s) 20.0%
Gold Farm 52 vote(s) 16.5%
Guardian Farm 39 vote(s) 12.4%
Other (leave in comments) 16 vote(s) 5.1%
  1. Important Info for future Nether Express!
    Must Watch!
    Jadzz and khixan like this.
  2. This is quite an old thread but i've been wondering does anyone know of any smp8 skeleton farms? If not any on other servers? That would be so useful.
    khixan and Tuqueque like this.
  3. Preety sure there are 2 at sushi drop near hot rods entrance
    khixan and DaysInTheDust like this.
  4. I knew there was because I think I remember briefly visiting one, i just couldn't remember where! Tysm
    Tuqueque and khixan like this.
  5. Tuq is correct. It's down the ladder near the Hot Rods portal at Sushi Drop.

It's not the greatest skeleton grinder by any means, but it works. It does have a problem getting accidentally frozen by folks wearing frost walker boots. Report any problems with it here please, thanks!
    Tuqueque and DaysInTheDust like this.
  6. Got a report that the slime block at Pigmentus is broken. I'm muting my phone and rolling over and going back to sleep. I'll deal with it tomorrow unless someone beats me to it. Cheers.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  7. I started a replacement for the piston door, however there's a protected block in the way; the owner hasn't been online for almost a month. Need a vouch to continue. :confused:
  8. If I can vouch for them, I will. However, we've had a lot of random ppl try to help by fixing things out at the builds. You may have to grab a mod and ask them to remove the block out of the way.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  9. want help?
    Tuqueque likes this.
  10. I skipped implementing a new door for now, and just put the old piston one in. I don't have time to hop on to re-build now, but I'll try to get around to it soon.

WeirdManiac is the user I need a vouch for btw.
    khixan likes this.
  11. He's been gone (or name changed) since the Pigmentus build. We may have to get a mod to help you with it.
  12. must have something to do with the skele horses around there
    Tuqueque likes this.
  13. The new PWU Nether Express is officially opening soon!
    This is high speed transport to/from all the PWU builds out at Wild North. We are doing the finishing touches now (signs, decor, landscaping, stocking boats, etc). Feel free to make yourself into a test subject and check it out please. Let me know if you run into any snags. Thanks!

The Nether Express is located due North of Wild North, 1 block out of the protection zone. There is a bunny boat bridge (which will eternally crack me up, thanks Tuq and Duf). This is a somewhat delicate boat bridge (it breaks a lot), so bringing a boat with you is a good idea IMO. You can also then use your boat on the ice paths in the Nether Express for the fastest transport around. Cheers and thanks all! :)
    Tuqueque and WayneKramer like this.
  14. Got mobs spawnin on top of the portal building at FeII, will attempt to curb this unless told otherwise
  15. Slabs, stairs, transparent block (glass leaves etc) or if you choose to use light, that must be 3 blocks from the ice please. Thanks Lac!
    Tuqueque likes this.
  16. The Nether Express is now officially OPEN to everyone.
    Enjoy the fast transport to all the PWU builds out at Wild North :)

I must express a huge THANKS to everyone who helped on this build. It was a lot of work! You guys ROCK :D
    Thank you also jesse and rdmaster for saving the day with materials, and everyone who donated the vines/mossy stone at the end of the build!
    Special thanks to the designers also - Jadzz, EnderMagic01, Meadmaker, Fishcat, and of course, B0bbyTheBuild3r!

Some pics of all the hard work (and not just my stuff this time LOL).

17. MancubPlayzMC and khixan like this.
  18. Wow guys! This is awesome! I love the designs and everything!
    khixan and Tuqueque like this.
  19. i saw this earilier looks pretty cool live map does not do it justice
    khixan, Tuqueque and AnimalGirl120 like this.
  20. The Nether Express is open to everyone! (screenshots in previous post)
    I hope everyone is aware of it and enjoying it. Now all the wild north PWU builds are easy and fast to access :)
    We had a lot of fun building this one, and a ton of people involved in this project. Different people designed various areas, and everyone had a great time :)
    Since this was a public transport project (much like the road out at wild n), there are multiple access doors along the way. Most of them lead nowhere, but we've provided the access points. If you want to use one, creating the ladder/stairs, way around lava, or mining a tunnel out is on you.