Teleporting wither trouble

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Vinsombra, Apr 15, 2017.

1. So I went to the nether hunting grounds to use the beacons to assist me in a fight against a wither... in hindsight a bad idea. Anyways, he teleported through a wall, flew down into the lava sea and started blasting things randomly. I tried getting back to him, making him teleport back, but I can't get him to be reasonable. I am sorry for any damage he has caused and will happily fix it. Can a mod please despawn him before he makes it worse?
    ShelLuser likes this.
  2. right now the best thing is to leave the area, so he becomes unloaded. and put signs going to NHG saying there is an unleashed wither.

Also, if he is teleporting, that means that you are in a higher difficulty try next time you fight a wither to be bellow difficulty 8, i believe, if not diff 5.
    ShelLuser and TomvanWijnen like this.
  3. I can clear it out if you wish, and return the nether star to you. For future reference, don't spawn withers near players builds.

EDIT:Actually without authorisation from the PWU team I'll let them handle it.
  4. I am a wither killer myself. If you need help let me know. I know how to deal with that guy. What smp and what waste area?
    Sachrock and ShelLuser like this.
  5. I took care of the wither. I'll send the star once I get done repairing. In the future, please DO NOT spawn the wither at any of the public builds, this goes for everyone.
  6. If there is any damage done which involve costs then GRIP will cover for those. It's one thing to make a mistake, it's another to fess up to it, that last bit demands respect.
  7. How did you get him out of the lava?
  8. With a special wither call of course.

In all seriousness though I just kept firing a bow at him until he came over to the land. Then I took him down in like 5 seconds with a smite 5 sword since he was half health.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  9. There is currently a bug with the wither being able to break protected item with its mini explosions. Just note this for now :p
  10. I fired two stacks of arrows at him and all he did was blink around and burrow deeper into the lava... thanks!
  11. I've encountered teleporting monsters, so you aren't alone on that. If your internet is below 3 bars in connectivity it can cause things to glitch out sometimes. o v o Although, I've usually have had the problem of being teleported to monsters. So thankfully he didn't teleport you into the lava. X"D I think it may be a connectivity issue. I've only seen monster teleport when the internet connection is 3 bars or below, or if the internet is spiking.
  12. The wither can teleport on EMC at /diff 6 and above.

I had to bridge out to him a little so he would come closer. Then just started firing arrows and he came after me.
    Zrugite likes this.