SMP8 Public Wild Utilities

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by khixan, Jun 16, 2015.

?

SMP8 wants ???

XP Grinders 145 vote(s) 46.0%
Iron Farm 63 vote(s) 20.0%
Gold Farm 52 vote(s) 16.5%
Guardian Farm 39 vote(s) 12.4%
Other (leave in comments) 16 vote(s) 5.1%
  1. No, but apparently the spawn rates are higher on netherbrick. Dont know why, but it is. :p
    Tuqueque, AncientTower and khixan like this.
  2. Khixan, would you mind if I made a website for this where you can show the status of each farm and progress of upcoming projects?
    Tuqueque and khixan like this.
  3. That would be a (in my opinion) fascinating idea! You go ahead steamboat, no one is stopping ya! :D
  4. Will do as soon as I figure out how to use google sites :p
  5. Tower, it WAS Sgt_Pepper4 who did the slabbing. Please leave it be. He's working on it. Thanks!
    Tuqueque, UltiPig and AncientTower like this.
  6. Just checking to make sure this is true:
  7. I think that might be from someone who helped repair the farm and perhaps the chest is for Peps?
  8. Thank you LilSpartanCat, AverageWalrus, and HxCami for the help fixing the beacon at Sushi Drop! Appreciate it!
    Tuqueque and HxCami10 like this.
  9. I just went out to see this, pretty freaking cool. pigmentus looks amazing. all the farms are really cool :D
  10. All hail Corruptedsmile for repairing Pigmentus, and reporting the issue to the mods. Thank you very much!

Someone replaced the pressure plates with hoppers and chests at Pigmentus. This broke the safety measures that prevent lag out there with the redstone and pressure plates that had been there.

Folks, I cannot stress this enough -
    PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH PIGMENTUS. EVER.
    It is the way it is for very specific reasons that I'm not going to go into. Thank you.

Put a post up here if you see an issue, have a freak accident and had to break something, or/and ask staff for assistance if you see a grief.
  11. The basic website is almost done, just need to take some pics.
  12. There was a small accident at Pigmentus that was reported to me. Unfortunately, I had to go to bed 2 hours ago, and I am headed there now. I can deal with it tomorrow night, or if anyone who is on our maintenance team sees this post, feel free. I think the slime block or blocks were broken by accident, but I'm not sure going from just a screenshot.
    It was an accident, not a grief. No need to contact staff for a report. Thank you for letting me know! :)
    Tuqueque likes this.
  13. Tuqueque and khixan like this.
  14. fixed pigmentus. and i'd definatly count that as a greifing and not a accident.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  15. My brother (Adrian1995) put that there when the iron farm was broken. He donated a lot of the supplies needed for the repair and said when it was finished that anyone could take the leftovers. Hope that helps :)
  16. Looks great so far Willie, thank you!
    Tuqueque likes this.
  17. I have been there a few times an I have to say, its very good :p And I just looked at the OP and wow, so many helpers ;) I have 3 on my iron farm, me and fable run the gold farm, I run the XP and mob farm and me and coorisnar are working on the guardian farm. But anyways thanks to you khixan but also people who have helped the slightest bit out there, because we're making EMC greater than ever with so many public utilities :cool:
    Tuqueque, khixan and MissFable like this.
  18. A gold farm would be nice
    (Since my past experiences with gold weren't so pleasant)
    Tuqueque likes this.
  19. Pigmentus is both a gold and XP farm. All our builds work best at difficulty 5 or 6. Some are dangerous above that setting (Pigmentus and Sushi Drop). Take a voter's sword, or make use of the gold swords that are laying around out there in chests. smp8, Wild North, follow the quartz path to the west. You can take the road which is slightly to your north (right) at the end of the path, follow the road in a boat, or look to your left (south) at the end of the path for the rail drop down. Go to the first rail stop, and climb up the red clay pillar ladder. Short rail hop from there.

If you're looking for an AFK style gold farm, smp8 public wild utilities doesn't do AFK farms. Blame me for that one :) We try to make the builds as safe as we can, and with no to very little AFK needed to use them. Going AFK at Pigmentus is actually detrimental. It can cause bad lag and it results in less gold/xp. The more you hit the piggies, the more piggies you get (and therefore, more gold and XP).
    Tuqueque likes this.
  20. feII rails are missing :(
    Tuqueque likes this.