SMP8 Public Wild Utilities

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by khixan, Jun 16, 2015.

?

SMP8 wants ???

XP Grinders 145 vote(s) 46.0%
Iron Farm 63 vote(s) 20.0%
Gold Farm 52 vote(s) 16.5%
Guardian Farm 39 vote(s) 12.4%
Other (leave in comments) 16 vote(s) 5.1%
  1. Alright! The southern utilities rail is complete, worked on by me and Fishcat. I checked rails and pillars, everything should match and be in working order. If you find anything wrong with it, please let me know and I'll fix it as soon as possible. Cheers!
    Tuqueque and khixan like this.
  2. [Removed by Donald Trump]
    Tuqueque likes this.
  3. The water is to prevent people from AFKing the pigmentus.. It can eventually crash the server if too many mobs are in that area.. I've almost crashed the server myself with my own farm.. it had almost over 300 entities at one point.. I afked accidentally too long.
  4. @PeculiarPotato

What are you talking about?
    Tuqueque likes this.
  5. Removing the water disables the anti-afk system, which if someone were to afk, can crash the server.
  6. @Dr_Chocolate Thats what I was told >_>

After a certain amount of time, the water dispenses due to the pressureplates being activated for so long..
    Tuqueque likes this.
  7. Sometimes the water stays out for a little too long, especially if the chunk is unloaded while the water is dispensed. This can easily be fixed by taking the water bucket out and placing it back inside the dispenser... I will head out after I finish helping these players and check on it.
  8. @SlvrBuildsBlocks, @PeculiarPotato: Let's pretend this never happened. Water bucket should be back in there.
  9. Okay, mate. A misunderstanding is a misunderstanding, I know I was confused when I saw the water stay dispensed for a while. But yeah, it happens sometimes if the chunk gets unloaded while its dispensed. No biggie. :)
    Tuqueque, khixan and Dr_Chocolate like this.
  10. Holy cow, all that griefing at wild n. :( Signs placed there say staff has been notified and somebody got banned for it already, is it okay to go ahead and repair stuff? I'd like to do SOMETHING to help since I use these utilities pretty frequently.
  11. As medicohotpants said, there was a large griefing at Pep's iron farm. Plenty of water spilling, along with lava, holes in the floor and missing hoppers. I'll fix it soon, once I've gathered materials.
    Materials needed are signs, cobble, glass and hoppers.
    Edit: Also, the access to the rail has been griefed.
  12. Ugh, seriously? I get sick for one day and come back to this. Grr.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  13. Arriving to frontier north today, this truly sickens me and makes me wonder why people find it fun to log onto servers and grief and then get banned, probably in the course of ten to twenty minutes. Makes no sense to me at all.

But alas, glad to have them gone, because this is unacceptable:

EDIT:
    To fix this, the following materials are needed:
    Ice
    Cobblestone
    Stone
    Stone Brick
    Signs
    Watermelon and pumpkin seeds
    Snow Golems
    Obsidian (time to make the other snow golem box from obsidian, I think)
    Glass!

I fixed most of the water spilling everywhere. But the farms are not in operating order, the insides are badly messed up, with water spilling down from top levels and backing up golems in the boxes.
  14. I can donate glass and all of the stone items if needed. I've also got plenty of seeds and snow. Let me know if you'd like me to drop them off and where. I go thru here pretty often to use pigmentus and FeII so I hate to see this happen. :(

I may get a wild hair and do some beautification at some point, provided my adhd attention span allows it- I know it may get griefed, but I think this area deserves some love.
  15. Adrian already donated everything that was needed. Thank you though, medico! And if you're gonna do any beautifying, be sure to contact Sgt_Pepper4 if it's the afk iron farm, and khixan if it's the other utilities. :)
    Tuqueque, medicohotpants and khixan like this.
  16. Medicohotpants - If there is one thing I always need help with, it's inspecting the farms.
    CallMeTower is supporting Nether Hunting Grounds. Shyguy helps out there too sometimes.
    Wild North is pretty frequently used, so we get good coverage on most of them, but inspecting Fe(II) once a week (checking to make sure all villagers are still in every cell and no mis-spawned iron golems) is a chore that needs to be done. The roads also need a "ride through", as do the rails.
    Wild South is less popular, but it needs a weekly inspection also.

Pick anything that strikes your fancy to do, and you will be helping a TON! It takes a whole crew of us to keep up on the maintenance of these builds. Just having folks inspect them and report any problems is a big time saver. Once you feel you know the builds well enough, I'll happily add onto the maintenance crew also if you want to do more major repairs :)
    Tuqueque, medicohotpants and UltiPig like this.
  17. I could help inspect Wild S. Sometimes I need those materials so I go there a lot. ;) Plus, I have nothing major going on right now. (Actually, I am working on this really fun event with a few other members. Its going to be a big one. *hint*)
  18. Oh, I'd absolutely check with people before making any changes, haha. I was mostly thinking that I'd replace the random cobble with fresh smooth stone and replace missing blocks/torches at that platform off of the outpost, haha. There's just something about walking along and seeing random cobble just sitting there amongst a bunch of smooth stone lmao

Generally if I do fix stuff I do make sure to let people in the thread know! That way everybody has a heads up that something was broken in the first place :)
  19. Sounds fantastic to me! With my ADHD, I can only stand working on my res so much so it's nice to have a "job"! :D I'll keep all of these things in mind whenever I'm looking for something to do. What would you say is the best way to inspect Fe(II)? Enderpearls? Or just suffering and climbing up the towers one by one? I've kinda checked one of them out out of curiosity before so I'm vaguely familiar with them...

Edit: speaking of checking things, I just fixed the item dump at pigmentus again! It seems like occasionally it gets overloaded and then if somebody leaves while it's dispensing items and the chunk unloads, it breaks the circuit. Hopefully it should be working for now :)
  20. Just went to the NHG and someone has taken the liberty of laying down stone/cobble slab on the main hunting floor.

Let me just say that mobs don't spawn on the stone/cobble slabs. They spawn on Nether Brick and Netherrack.

This throws off spawn rate, when their area of spawn is decreased.

Please if you'd like to help improve the NHG, just send Me or Khixan a pm or simply post on this forum.

Thanks for your support.