SMP8 Public Wild Utilities

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by khixan, Jun 16, 2015.

?

SMP8 wants ???

XP Grinders 145 vote(s) 46.0%
Iron Farm 63 vote(s) 20.0%
Gold Farm 52 vote(s) 16.5%
Guardian Farm 39 vote(s) 12.4%
Other (leave in comments) 16 vote(s) 5.1%
  1. There will be :3
    Tuqueque and khixan like this.
  2. Blaze farms are SLOWLY getting done currently.
    Shyguy has a location for a witch farm sometime in the future, probably post 1.9.
    Tuqueque and b0bbythebuild3r like this.
  3. Well we've been hit again.
    Once again we're now in need of another enchantment table and bookshelves. Along with 2 anvils.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  4. I have them in my hoard. Both rdmaster and corruptedsmile also have access to it. I won't have access to MC till around 8:30pm or so. Taking care of my grandmother this week after work. Internet only, no MC.

EDIT: It's 10:48pm, I just got home, I've had no dinner. File this under "it'll wait till later". Sorry Tower, I am bloody exhausted.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  5. CallMeTower - There's a chest on my 1st res with your name on it with supplies for you. Thank you!
    Tuqueque likes this.
  6. Thanks, i'll get on that. Not sure if i'll need everything in the chest but i'll store what i don't use on site.
  7. Well the NHG was hit. two beacons aren't working but staff says there still there. That area were the beacons are really isn't my strong suit. Also a lot of slabs and bricks had been mind, i'll fix were i can. But i do need someone with the know how to fix the beacons. I'm guessing some iron blocks are missing.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  8. Just got done with staff and started taking a look around. The ghast chamber has been completely destroyed.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  9. It's no fun some days :( Lemme log back on to see if I can help. I need to get to bed though shortly.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  10. I fixed the beacons base out at Nether Hunting Grounds, but CallMeTower is still out there with a ton of stuff to fix. Two twerps (now banned twerps) really tore the place up. If anyone can hop over and help Tower do repairs, it would be much appreciated. I have to log and get to bed for work. Thank you CallMeTower!
    Night all!
    Tuqueque and TotoStyle like this.
  11. Hmm... I'm from SMP6 but I can certainly use(Can I? XD) some of the farms since I don't really want to go out there and fight mobs head on. Just a quick question: Are the farms safe enough or I need to practice cautions?

Anyway, it'll be quite a way off from my residence on SMP6. I'll help with the repair if it's within my resources coverage. XD
    Tuqueque likes this.
  12. I hopped on, but everything looked fixed. Wish I could help, but thanks to CallMeTower for fixing the repairs. :)
    Tuqueque, khixan and AncientTower like this.
  13. Well all the utilities are public but the nether facility's is dangerous as it's not a farm but rather a spawning point for the nether beings.

As to the repairs, nether brick, netherrack, and cobble stone are what is used.

I won't be back on until tomorrow. So if you'd like to donate something please mail it to me or wait until you see me in game to donate towards the repairs.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  14. you guys need bookshelves? I can hook you up with those. I have some smooth stone i could donate as well. I am trying to gather coal to donate to the maze project on utopia. Do you have some coal to spare?If you still need an enchantment table anvil talk to me. I try to help where I can. .... Wait, maybe thats why I am always poor lol But serious ly let me know, if I have it, I will try to help. @ callmetower let me know what you guys need out there, you seem to be doing alot of the repairs, I see if i Have it.
  15. Well... I have some of Netherracks to spare. I'll mail you the resources when I can. XD

Thanks for the extra info. XD
  16. Well we've already replaced the bookshelves, anvil, and enchantment table. But if you'd like to donate those items for any future need at the NHG. Please feel free to donate then. Thanks for wanting to help.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  17. KindlingFire, please check the first page, first post of this thread. With the exception of the NHG (Nether Hunting Grounds), all the public utilities are very safe at difficulty 5. The NHG is a nether hunting experience at a fortress with beacons to help and some amenities.

Thank you all for the help!
    Tuqueque likes this.
  18. Currently, I am working on the Wild South rail system, meaning the rail system connecting Slime Time, Squid Doom, the ice machine, etc., to the southern frontier outpost. While the rail is in working order, you may very well bump into me if you’re riding out between 4 and 10 PM EMC time on the weekdays or pretty much any time this weekend, and while I do keep my minecraft sound up and will hop out the way if I hear a minecart, it doesn’t work every time. On another token, as I clear out space to fix the tunnel, mobs may have a chance to spawn and/or drop down from connected caves. Please bring a sword at the very least, both to instantly break your minecart should you get rolled back by bumping into me or you are forced to get out of it, and also in the case (though I doubt there will be) of mobs.

Also, spread the word! It’s quite clear the southern utilities aren’t nearly as well known as their northern counterparts. If someone wants ice, snow, slime balls, ink sacs, be sure to tell them about the southern utilities!

Also, thanks to khixan for adding me to the repair team. I love to help out at the public builds where I can, which is why I asked to take on the task of the southern rail. It just looked a little beat up to me and I know the southern utilities aren’t nearly as popular as the north, so hopefully with a prettier rail and some promotion south can get some publicity too ^.^

That said, khixan is pretty busy with the wonderful upcoming blaze farms! So if anyone notices anything off about FeII, Sgt_Pepper4’s iron farm (the afk one right off the northern outpost), Sushi Drop, or any of the southern utilities, feel free to contact me about it. A moderator would have to examine the issue first (unless it’s something minor… I’m not going to drag a moderator out for a single missing block, unless it’s something dangerous like someone breaking part of Pigmentus’s platform), but I would be glad to fix the damage without pulling khixan out. As long as it’s not redstone work missing, I can more than likely provide the material and fix the issue.

Thanks again, and always happy to help. :)
  19. If only I had time. I miss this.
  20. Ah well, I'm gonna help keep things in working order while you are busy :D I actually want to investigate your farm a little, I think last time I was there I saw some blocks missing, nothing major but I'mma check it out.
    Tuqueque, khixan and Sgt_Pepper4 like this.