SMP8 Public Wild Utilities

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by khixan, Jun 16, 2015.

?

SMP8 wants ???

XP Grinders 145 vote(s) 46.0%
Iron Farm 63 vote(s) 20.0%
Gold Farm 52 vote(s) 16.5%
Guardian Farm 39 vote(s) 12.4%
Other (leave in comments) 16 vote(s) 5.1%
  1. feII rails are missing :(
    Tuqueque likes this.
  2. Does the diff level effect the drops on these and all farms?
    Tuqueque likes this.
  3. Thank you for letting me know EpicSubtastic. I'll be on shortly.

I'm not an expert on the drops to level ratio on emc. I know there is some small increase. Someone else can probably give you a better answer, or check the wiki about it.
    Above diff 6, the pigmen can escape the farm and kill you. At Sushi Drop, the guardian can hit you and kill you, or not die from the fall if you're on above diff 6.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  4. Yeah, there are two rails when you go off of the main track and onto the mini-track leading to FeII missing. I'll fix those soon.

Pigmentus's smotherer is broken. I also found the water missing earlier. I replaced the water, but it's not dispensing, and there are watermelons in the back of it. Not sure what they're there for. I told MrCDub last night the thing was busted, but I don't know if he went out and attempted to fix it or what (I kind of fell asleep on the laptop ...) but yeah, Pigmentus is busted. The redstone work more than anything, it looks like, and I dunno how that stuff works....
    Tuqueque likes this.
  5. I'm going out for a bit for Mother's Day, but I can deal with it when we get back. Thanks Slvr!
    I didn't see anything wrong out at Fe(II). Not sure what you mean?
    Tuqueque likes this.
  6. The short rail that leads off the main track down to FeII, there's two rails missing. Nothing major, really tiny fix. :)
    Tuqueque and khixan like this.
  7. Everyone stay on their toes, school is just about out and at that time most of the Griefers will come out to play.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  8. School's gonna be out for me very soon. I can check up on the builds quite often.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  9. Stopped by Squid doom for some ink today (unfortunately it was not working as well as it was yesterday, oh well, such is life) and decided to chill there for a little while and kill some slimes and then this happened. I feel like I have a family now!

(We'll just ignore what happened to them after this photo was taken...)

Also, if anybody is interested, there's a Momentus chillin out in the hills behind squid doom. I've started affectionately referring to him as Gigantor. I'd kill him myself but I'm too much of a weenie (and also laaaazyyyyy).
  10. Well shoot........... This is what i found. I have staff looking at it right now.

Also none of the beacons are lit. Which means a lot of iron is gone.

Tuqueque likes this.
  11. Yeeesh, that's very bad. I'll have a look at it when I can.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  12. Alright the floors are fixed and the portal fixed. The beacons will be working again later tonight, thanks to Sgt_Pepper4 who will be fixing that up.

The actual hunting grounds were fine, and I've been told those who were responsible have been banned.
    Tuqueque and UltiPig like this.
  13. I visited Slime Time and Squid Doom and I was very impressed with these public farms. Thank you so much for building and maintaing them!

Sorry that I accidentally broke 2 slime blocks when attacking slimes but I replaced them back as soon as it was safe to do so.
    UltiPig likes this.
  14. Thank you very much CallMeTower!

MrsWishes, those farms at South don't get enough love. Thank you for the comments, I'm sure khix and the like will see them. :D
    Tuqueque and MrsWishes like this.
  15. Well it wasn't only me, i had loads of help from Sgt_Pepper4.
    Tuqueque, Slvr and UltiPig like this.
  16. So, not sure if it's a bug or intentional on mojangs part but iron golems can hit from further away now and are easily able to hit you from inside the collection point at Fe(II).

It might also be that it's because they're 0.2 blocks shorter in 1.9.
    Tuqueque, Slvr and UltiPig like this.
  17. I'll look into this tomorrow if someone else hasn't already
  18. Thank you Slvr! I have a job interview this afternoon, but I'm hoping to be online this evening.
  19. Er, tonight. I have no clue why I said tomorrow. Oh well...

It's no problem, khixan. I'll go see if I can edit the farm so golems can't hit you without making it awkward. If it's harder than I thought I'll want whoever did the interior of Fe(II) out there though.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  20. Thanks Slvr! I gotta crash. I went out to my own experimental versions of the public farms. Corrupted has found that the aggro on the pigmen has also changed. You have to aggro them from the catwalk. They no longer aggro from the kill area. Annoying, but not end of world. I'll have to check all the designs and see how they're doing in 1.9. Cheers all <3
    Tuqueque and Slvr like this.