SMP8 Public Wild Utilities

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by khixan, Jun 16, 2015.

?

SMP8 wants ???

XP Grinders 145 vote(s) 46.0%
Iron Farm 63 vote(s) 20.0%
Gold Farm 52 vote(s) 16.5%
Guardian Farm 39 vote(s) 12.4%
Other (leave in comments) 16 vote(s) 5.1%
  1. hi i see how i sounded rude in this post and i am really sorry for it hope we can make peace
  2. Thank you! You're all good, like i said in pms sorry for being snappy. :) we're good. :)
    Tuqueque, khixan, Slvr and 1 other person like this.
  3. IMPORTANT NOTICES regarding SMP8 Public Wild Utilities (mostly at Wild North locations)

1. Pigmentus is acting up. We are working on several items there.
    • Extend redstone timer.
    • Fix flusher/pistons.
    • Add signs regarding new aggro behavior. USE THE CATWALK that runs between the portals to make the piggies mad fast. 1.9 changed aggro behavior for them.
    • RDmaster has been looking into these issues. I'll follow up soon I hope.
    2. Hots Rods grinders have to be tweaked due to 1.9.
    • Redstone wiring has to be redone. I have mostly completed #3 and #4.
    • Using the tripwires is no longer an option. The redstone crusher to a 1 hit kill must be activated with a wooden button.
    • The autokill seems to vary from grinder to grinder. A lot more testing needs to be done so accurate times can be posted at each grinder. #3 seems to be the fastest by far. I had one test there as quick as 3:50 (3 minutes, 50 seconds). We're using an iron pressure plate which triggers at around 30+ blazes on it.
    • Armani worked today on finishing safeties and decor. If I can finish fixing all 4 grinders, we are looking at opening next weekend.
    3. FE(II)
    • EDIT: Fe(II) is now fixed, but I had to make it an AFK iron farm. We couldn't come up with a way for players to kill the golems without being hit by the golems on EMC. Please SHARE the farm with other players and don't AFK there for hours at a time.
    • The golems can now hit players due to 1.9. The kill chamber will have to be redone.
    • Slvr is working on this, and Toto, if you see this, he'd like your input and/or help please since this one was your decor and brain child.
    4. Three Grinders (zombie and cave spiders)
    • Walrus has told me we're out of chest space again. I do not know when I'll get there with the other things on this list, but I'll get to it unless anyone wants to volunteer and take on this task. I can provide materials.
    5. Sushi Drop New Horse Stables
    • SparkleRose has completed new horse stables that SageCreeper started at Sushi Drop. Thank you!
    6. NHG (Nether Hunting Grounds)
    • CallMeTower has undertaken a herculean task trying to maintain the NHG. It is in desperate need of more TLC. Slabbing in surrounding areas is missing. That ladder needs serious improvement. Someone needs to figure out what to do with that 2nd floor under the main area. It rarely spawns wither skellies, and it's messy/barely safe. I think we should fill it in. People have mined and made paths all around nearby, and these need to be slabbed to prevent spawns. I put out a ton of netherrack fires from ghast blasts in the walls/ceilings. These need to be prevented. Put a layer of nether brick or some stone on the walls and ceiling. Wither skellies will not spawn in those light levels. The safe room seems to be leaking light also since it was redone with all fences. There is A LOT to do out there to get its performance back up, and CallMeTower with help from MrGrayWolf can't do it all themselves. If you want to volunteer to help out there (and please, know what you are doing with mob control in the nether at a fortress), please contact myself or CallMeTower. Thank you!
    7. This is a separate project being run by CorruptedSmile in the main Wild C End island.
    • Corrupted, RDmaster, MrCDub, and a very little help from me are trying to restore the original main Wild End island. I believe ForeverMaster is also trying to help make an Ender Dragon "arena" there, but I haven't talked to her about it directly.
    • That original island was torn up badly with death drops/pits and all kinds of ugliness. Corrupted is restoring it to its original state.
    • RDmaster has done additional work out there trying to make things both nice and more easily used/accessed. Looks like ForeverMaster is doing the same.
  4. If you guys need any materials I'd be happy to go out and help get some. I don't really know where slabbing and the like goes, but you're always welcome to hit me up in-game and I can get out there fairly fast usually. I'll likely be on a lot now, seeing as school is ending.
    Tuqueque, TotoStyle and khixan like this.
  5. Currently working on the stone generator at Sushi Drop.
    I know a more compact method with the redstone, and hopefully setting the pistons a block back will help prevent some of the breakages. I'm going to add obsidian to the mouth of where the stone comes from, hopefully discouraging breakage. khixan gave this the OK, and I'm currently working on it now.
    Tuqueque, khixan and MrsWishes like this.
  6. Fe(II) is now fixed, but I had to make it an AFK iron farm. We couldn't come up with a way for players to kill the golems without being hit by the golems on EMC. Please SHARE the farm with other players and don't AFK there for hours at a time.
    Thank you Corruptedsmile for helping me out there!
    Thanks Slvr for the new stone gen at Sushi Drop (he's got it mostly done as I'm typing this)!

B0bbyTheBuild3r, me, and Corrupted are out at Pigmentus right now. Pigmentus is closed while we work on it. Should be done in an hour or two I hope.
    Tuqueque, TotoStyle and MrsWishes like this.
  7. Approaching 5 hours at Pigmentus trying to get everything working right again.
    Someone needs to build a shrine to B0bbyTheBuild3r, RDmaster, and Corruptedsmile. Seriously. Thank you guys.
    We hope to have Pigmentus working again soon all. Thank you medico for providing the assistance with iron also!
  8. I was providing some end-game moral support. ;)
    Tuqueque and khixan like this.
  9. I have just got to say a HUGE well done to everyone working on the farms to fix them. Fe(II) works brilliantly once more and so does Pigementus.
    Thank you all!
    Tuqueque, Slvr and khixan like this.
  10. hey guys :D i have a upcoming project..... do not worry khixan i will let everyone rest Hotrods it a master piece so are all the other farms great work people :D

well now onto the new project

and... i have no idea on a name :D
    i am turning my official outpost into a utilities project ya..... it has the capicitity to hold all the farms that the utilities crew has made and more

it has
    2 witch huts
    1 guardian temple
    4 blaze spawners
    slime and squid chunks

and areas to make tons of other farms so cheers and hope to see some of u excited this has been my pet project for a year now and i have done no work on it
    Tuqueque, khixan and AncientTower like this.
  11. Tuqueque and medicohotpants like this.
  12. I missed the opening party at hot rods T_T

So to console myself I want to pigmentus. While I was busy ham hacking I accidentally broke the stairs >_< that is on one side of the killing floor. I replaced it with what I had on hand, but wanted to let you know about it.

The funny thing is, I wasn't holding down on the button, and was only aiming at the pigmen, not the block that broke at all...
  13. No worries, Pigmentus is a beast to keep running. Something weird seems to usually happen there, causing corrupted, RD, Slvr, and me one headache or another. Thank you for letting us know! :)
    Tuqueque and Kytula like this.
  14. I have seen that block knocked out before and put a birch stair there because... well its what I had. Left side if you are facing the farm?
  15. Cool Crazy :) Depending on its location, you may want to register it as an official outpost. I can't do that with the SMP8 Public Utilities because they are too close to spawn and other builds, but it's a thought for you if you haven't already done so.

npaTony737 has offered to help with SMP8 Public Wild Utilities, and was out in the End with us last night helping out. He's mostly interested in projects involving rail, and I'll be sure to include him in upcoming transportation enhancements. Which are a few months away for now with all this other stuff below still to finish :) Please help him out if you see him around trying to learn the builds. Thanks Tony and welcome to our insanity!

Gawadrolt made me realize I need to update the Things Still To Do list, so here it is. If anyone is looking to help out, just contact me on any of these if you're interested please :)

1. Fe(II) - Minor griefing at horse stables needs to be fixed. This may already be done, but I haven't had a chance to check on it. A few gates, pressure plate and roof pieces are missing last I looked.

2. Three Grinders (zombie and cave spiders)
    • Walrus has told me we're out of chest space again. I do not know when I'll get there with the other things on this list, but I'll get to it unless anyone wants to volunteer and take on this task. I can provide materials.
    3. NHG (Nether Hunting Grounds)
    • CallMeTower has undertaken a herculean task trying to maintain the NHG. It is in desperate need of more TLC. Slabbing in surrounding areas is missing. That ladder needs serious improvement. Someone needs to figure out what to do with that 2nd floor under the main area. It rarely spawns wither skellies, and it's messy/barely safe. I think we should fill it in. People have mined and made paths all around nearby, and these need to be slabbed to prevent spawns. I put out a ton of netherrack fires from ghast blasts in the walls/ceilings. These need to be prevented. Put a layer of nether brick or some stone on the walls and ceiling. Wither skellies will not spawn in those light levels. The safe room seems to be leaking light also since it was redone with all fences. There is A LOT to do out there to get its performance back up, and CallMeTower with help from MrGrayWolf can't do it all themselves. If you want to volunteer to help out there (and please, know what you are doing with mob control in the nether at a fortress), please contact myself or CallMeTower. Thank you!
    4. This is a separate project being run by CorruptedSmile and RDmaster in the main Wild C End island.
    • Corrupted, RDmaster, MrCDub, and a very little help from me are trying to restore the original main Wild End island. I believe ForeverMaster is also trying to help make an Ender Dragon "arena" there, but I haven't talked to her about it directly and we should all coordinate.
    • That original island was torn up badly with death drops/pits and all kinds of ugliness. Corrupted is restoring it to its original state.
    • RDmaster has done additional work out there trying to make things both nice and more easily used/accessed. Looks like ForeverMaster is doing the same.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  16. As of now, folks seem most interested in giving the NHG some TLC. Looking like we're gonna rip down the immediate area of NHG and give some parts of it an overhaul/enhancements. If that interests you, please give me a holler and I'll add you to the convo we have going for it. I'll start abusing Chris' villager for picks and ramping up my XP so I can do repairs for folks too. Thank you all <3
    Tuqueque and medicohotpants like this.
  17. can i join in on the repairs i can start on thursday
  18. Ooh, if we're putting proper spawn platforms in I'm totally down to help with donating supplies and helping where i can! I used it the other day and my only complaint was that it was terribly inefficient which is a shame. Gimme a shout out if you need anything!

(Edited bc i accidentally hit send before i was done typing, oops)
  19. Crazy, we're starting now, and we'd better be done by Thursday, but thank you much!

Medico, I will add you to the convo on this, and we actually do need ice of all things. I'm super low on regular ice. I'm hoping I can use regular ice in the nether instead of packed ice (too much griefing out there to maintain packed ice). We're going to add some rail and an ice boat path there, and kick up the ceiling for horses. Lots of changes coming to NHG!

Nether Hunting Grounds (NHG) will be temporarily closed for a few days while we rip surrounding area down and work on some enhancements. Thank you for your patience and support all <3

Work starts NOW and will continue through Monday and possibly Tuesday.
    Tuqueque and medicohotpants like this.
  20. I AFKed at the iron farm then accidentally fell asleep (long shift at work last night) and when I came back the chest had been wiped clean by somebody. Bummer. :(

I don't mind sharing bc obviously if I'm AFKing there's plenty of iron to be shared by everybody but ya'll if somebody else is putting in the work of waiting for the golems to spawn, at least leave some for them. =/
    Tuqueque likes this.