Smp8... and all of EMC remembers CadenMann

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Sgt_Pepper4, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Let staff handle the details, we heard from Aikar and Kryss. Lets just support our pal here and maybe Caden will be back soon.
    Kytula, CadenMann and Kephras like this.
  2. I'm not sure "sampling" is quite the word I would choose for what I am doing, however it is a very... polite... choice.

Anyways, back on topic, I have never had much contact with Cadenmann, but I know full well who is and his outstanding reputation on EMC thus far. Seeing his ban was a shock to me, but I do have full faith in the system and those that implement it.

I'm sure we will see you again soon Caden, and look forward to seeing you online in the somewhat near future, regardless of how it is achieved (appeal/dispute).
  3. I don't have time to read this thread right now as I'm in maths class. But... caden? What happened?
    Seanawesome14 and Roslyn like this.
  4. I heard he got banned for illegal mods? *on a side note* Dayum, you should be paying attention in the maths! I suck at math :S
    CadenMann likes this.
  5. I'd honestly like to know if there is any actual images, video, or any other credible media besides players accusations that supports Caden's ban.
    CadenMann likes this.
  6. I have a few issues to cover:
    -------------------------

Recording software is 3rd party.

If you are not using 3rd party software, that really only leaves word-of-mouth or logging.

If there is no correct logging, video, nor pictures of said event happening (only word of mouth) how can it be justifiable that the accused was correctly labeled as guilty?

There is nothing in the [Terms and Rules] or the [Rules] section, that covers the basis of Starlis or Empire events - outside of EMC

Liability of service only covers that of which is entitled under the Server Name or the Company name - If external games/servers are not directly linked to Starlis, it is therefor considered void from said Terms and Conditions.

If you want to cover the grounds of being banned on emc for affiliation of another server and its activity, it really needs covered in your Terms and Rules, and that server needs clearly identified under the jurisdiction of the company.

If Panda was banned, and Caden was banned for association with Panda - Wouldn't this entail you're banning based on ip?

Yet, Caden's alts aren't banned - and they use the same ip range.

Also*

Why is there banning of people for killing Marlix' until it is fixed, instead of turning off Marlix spawning - which would prevent the need for banning individuals and making him/her upset?
  7. To add onto this,

The Ultra Hardcore server is labeled as "Rainbowchin's UHC" and no where on the server is any mention of Empire Minecraft or Starlis.
  8. http://empireminecraft.com/wiki/hosting-off-server-emc-events/
    I have sent in evidence of players using illegal mods in the past, including extensive video and screenshot collections. It has always frustrated me (but I do understand the reasoning behind it) that the staff will only use player evidence as a reason to start an investigation into someone. If someone is banned, the evidence used is purely staff collected.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wasn't there, and I haven't seen any evidence, thus I cannot speak about the validity of the ban. But, being banned doesn't mean that the person is a terrible human being. It is human to make mistakes, do wrong things, and deal with the consequences of those actions. It is part of the learning process that everyone has to deal with. No matter what the case is surrounding the ban, I still respect Caden as a human being. I deal with people everyday who are making far worse choices, ones that can end with far worse consequences (read: death). I still respect them as well. We refer to this process as "adulting." I have no doubt that there is some Minecraft equivalent.
  9. You can monitor our screens? Is this only on EMC, whilst playing all minecraft or everything? :eek:
  10. Meh....

You are now ruining stuff. You're sharing info which was said / mentioned in private, which I was going to use in a PM towards Krysyy where there would be no doubt that I got my info from the source itself. So much for that idea. Well, I'll probably still go ahead but it doesn't help my credibility in this matter.

There is a good reason why ban information is handled in private; credibility is a huge thing here. This post isn't helping dude, and I know you meant well, but seriously....

Do not share private info like this!

Seriously...

Simple: Staffs decision is final (at least where the forums are concerned).

We have options to appeal but the staff are here to uphold the rules. I do share your concerns (for different reasons) but I also do not question what staff has seen here.

Video recording? Seriously? I hope you're not implying that staff needs to record all offences before they can act on that because... well, that sounds like a bad idea to me.

Bzzzt.

This is Aikars playground, and he has extended moderation to the staff. They are perfectly entitled to refuse anyone from using their services simply because its their playground to begin with.

Dude... There are rules and conditions, but please realize that this is more of a courtesy towards us than towards them. And please: I mean that in the most respectful way. I do not try to endorse a "us vs. them" here, if you pick my comment up in that way then you're the one having issues, not me.

We play by the staff rules, but the staff (especially Aikar who owns this place) has every right to do with this as they deem fit. I don't like this ban either but now you're looking for things which aren't there. You're trying to justify that which isn't yours to justify in the first place.

Most of all: this isn't helping! In my very humble opinion of course, and for reasons stated above :confused:

Dude, Aikar himself looked into this. He is known as a moderator who questioned authority himself. If he saw this, and responded, then sorry to say: that solved most of my concerns where fairness is concerned for now. This issue is big enough as it is; don't try to blow this out of proportion.

I too have my concerns here, I too don't like this one bit, but please remember your place. We are players on Aikars playground, we play by his rules. Don't try to throw it back into his face, that doesn't help one. bit.

Just saying.
  11. Some staff members can be there while you cannot see them. Thus they can see you, you cannot see them. As such your actions are seen by them without you realizing it.
    CadenMann and 607 like this.
  12. Lol I love how you always put what 'YOU' have sent in when it means nothing to this thread. Nobody cares man. Hey heres an idea. Stop trying to identify with the staff when you're not a staff member. Helps everyone not be confused whom to report to and whom to hate.
  13. Your post has nothing to do with my concerns...Stop trying to conceitedly juxtapose.

---------
    If you try to justify liability with the idea of "It's their playground, they can do what they want"...

Why don't we just throw every jurisdictional ideology out the window... and ban everyone, as that's what it seems to be aiming towards.

If you want to be a good, steady, server - don't hide things under the rug, post all your rules clearly (not hide them in the wiki, as prior noted), and don't ban individuals on issues that may be avoided. (ie. preventing marlix issues or outside emc events)

It's no wonder you have so many people arguing or angry - You're trying to pass rightful judgement from mismanagement.
  14. Getting banned is still a 2 way effort. Staff taking action, but it's still the player who opens the door.

I do share your concerns, but you now make it sound as if the staff are a bunch of dictators who just do as they please. The fact that this thread exists as well as Aikar's post is evidence that they're not.

And I will repeat myself once more, but for the last time: these kinds of comments are not helping, this only risks raising drama and that my friend is the last thing we need right now.
    DeathPunchKitty likes this.
  15. Lol who opens the door to a shotgun barrel?
  16. This thread is getting Kinda Off-Topic. It was made to remember Caden, share stories and the like, not a trip down Argument Street =P
  17. Precisely. Whether you agree or disagree with what's happened, and how it's being handled, this is not the place to air your grievances. Please begin a new thread for the grinding of your axes.

Btw Caden, I still have those videos from your res, of that weird incident with Rainbowchin. Maybe I'll finally get around to posting them. :)
    Deadmaster98, 607 and ShelLuser like this.
  18. ;-; caden pratt noooooooo
    CadenMann and Kephras like this.
  19. Okay, I've read this entire thread now, during yet another math lesson.
    Should I feel guilty? Perhaps. But I think this is nearly as, if not more important.
    I won't take any sides now, I just hope this will be figured out civilly.
    Please, guys, don't turn this into a flame war. Everyone, accept the challenge of making it so that this thread doesn't have to be closed any time soon.
    CadenMann, ShelLuser and Kephras like this.
  20. Poor Caden. Come back soon, my friend. SMP1 (or at least me) needs you. =P
    CadenMann, Kephras and khixan like this.