Smp8... and all of EMC remembers CadenMann

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Sgt_Pepper4, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Yes there is.

Playing devils advocate here (sorry): you're doing the exact same thing right now ;)

Honestly: it's best if we get to vent here a little (while staff can also keep track of what is happening) instead of us all going underground and start rumouring there. Because that's where the real damage is done. Its much better for us players as well as EMC if we simply share our dislikes in the open and talk about it civilized.

So yes, in this case I think there is a need to share my discomfort in the open.
    DubChef, SoulPunisher, LadBlo and 5 others like this.
  2. We don't know nearly as much on the matter as the staff member(s) who made the decision to ban him. People posting stuff like this

"GUYS GUYS GUYS without a question Cadenmann will be unbanned because he wasn't the one hacking it was a team mate i hope EMC staff consider that it he WASNT affiliated with the hacker only as a team mate."
    Is serving no purpose. I understand if people want to say things like "I don't think you would've done this" or "I doubt you were hacking, it was probably a glitch" are different, they're voicing opinions, rather than ultimately accusing staff members of making a false ban...
    EquableHook, Penguinub and Kytula like this.
  3. Hi, I'm Mman. Some of you may know me and some of you may not. I own some museums on smp7 and usually stick around there so I understand if you are all confused about who I am but that's besides the point. I'm here to talk about Caden.

1st to Caden: I don't know if your guilty or not, and I don't really care, to me you are a great guy that was always welcoming and friendly.
    2nd to the EMC Staff team: I trust you guys a lot. And I know you guys have a really hard job. Whether you made a mistake or not I think you guys and gals are still pretty impressive.
    3rd to the community: Saying "if Caden isn't unbanned I'll leave" is petty and I'm fairly certain Caden wouldn't want it going down like that. (Caden you can correct me if I'm wrong).

Now here is how I like to think of Caden.
    I met Caden around the day he was unbanned a couple months ago and we hit it off pretty fast. He made me some paper I gave him some rupees and all was good. Soon we became pretty good friends and eventually we started the original SSSS which is one of the most fun things I've every done on EMC. So Caden I want to say a hardy thank you, for all the fun times you've given me and all the smiles you've brought to all of our faces.
    FDNY21, Hashhog, khixan and 4 others like this.
  4. The last thing I want is people leaving because of me. I can tell you all is for now - I will most likely be back in some way, shape,or form (or so I and many others are hoping). I believe that this is just a giant mess up. If I do get unbanned, I will create an apology thread apologizing to anyone that has wasted their time on me and my recent stupid actions.
    Hashhog, khixan, Kytula and 2 others like this.
  5. Don't you dare apologize to me.

Because then I will be offended :p
    Boozle_, Kephras and CadenMann like this.
  6. You are a gentleman, aren't you? ;)
  7. Nah, just a little drunk :p

meh :p I need sleep
    607, CadenMann and DH32 like this.
  8. My only question about this is that it was stated that the offense happened during the Rainbowchin UHC event, which to my understanding isn't held on EMC at all but some separate server. So why would an offense that happened there effect their status on here?
    Salmatic, Elite and CadenMann like this.
  9. According to the rules, all EMC rules also apply on any other server affiliated with EMC and run by an EMC staff member. So, say someone were to clearly hack on UHC - they would be banned on EMC.
    607 and ScrObot like this.
  10. Yeah this is to cheer up Caden, and to share stories of Caden. Staff will be fair, they got the facts and they'll probably listen to what Caden has to say in the appeal. So anyone have a good story to share? We have one so far.
    607 and CadenMann like this.
  11. Wait, wait, wait....

Apologies: I AM playing devils advocate here.

This also implies that this server may or may not have the same kind of protection as EMC has. If Aikar hasn't worked on it then I'm not sure if I can trust it. (NO offense!).

Here is my problem: as a regular player I don't know. I assume that investigation happens before a remote server is being accepted as an official event, but I don't know for sure. From my point of view any server can be accepted as long as the staff agrees on this.

I don't want to cause drama, I still stand by what I mentioned earlier, but I did not realize so far that this happened somewhere else (end of the weekend). For me, with all due respect, this puts the whole thing into a different perspective.

As said: playing devils advocate: But I would like to know what credentials "another server" needs to live up to before its being accepted into an EMC event. Especially because the same rules apply, while their defense system could be way off in comparison.

I still do not question EMC staff, but I do question any possible differences in server plugins where catching cheaters is concerned. I trust EMC because of my own reasons, but a remote server? Sorry, that leaves reasons for concern for me.

What gives?
    607 and CadenMann like this.
  12. My last comment was to support Krsyy's comment by the way. I got ninja'd lol. I was slow. Staff will be able to tell true guilt with the facts.
    CadenMann likes this.
  13. I still don't understand how such nice/funny people could be banned, like Shy and Caden and some others.. I hope you can return! :)
    CadenMann likes this.
  14. The server plugins and setup has absolutely no impact on Staff using the exact same means we do on EMC main to collect evidence: monitoring the player while vanished and witnessing behavior that can only be achieved through illegal mods.

EMC does not use 3rd party systems as evidence against a person - we use in person monitoring to be absolutely sure. We use some systems as an alert system to tell us to go monitor, but human review is always the final judgement.

We will not be disclosing WHAT we look for, otherwise cheaters would know how to avoid getting caught, but as Krysyy mentioned, we have excellent staff communication tools and get 2nd/3rd/4th/5th opinions on evidence before acting on it.

So in summary, we're not using 3rd party plugins as evidence in EMC OR the external event servers. The method and judgement is the same in both.
  15. Oh good, so I'm not the only one sampling fermented beverages tonight...
  16. Quote on quote sampling? ;)
  17. Ok, I've known Caden for a long time now. Every since I joined Empire Minecraft I would see Caden In town chat helping players in need. I have not one time seen Caden try to hurt another player. I see Caden spend days making memories with new and old players. From Caden helping me build homes to giving me tips playing I genuinely thank and respect him. I will leave this investigation all up to staff, but. I will say this. From the last years I've known Caden, He has Always! Been fun, cheerful, and definitely showed the community how to laugh. I know Caden, and Caden would not ever want to hurt a player. I hope I can see Caden soon back on smp8. Until then Thank you.
    CadenMann likes this.
  18. Lol @all people displaying their day count. Y'all is behind. On a side note: Sucks to hear that Caden is banned. I don't get on EMC much so I got a lot to hear from everyone. Tell me if I got this right: So this happened in UHC? Uber Hammer Craft? I don't know what this is. IF thats that ultimate hardcore stuff. Y'all ain't playing real hard core. Nuff said.
  19. Yes, Its Ultra Hardcore. A team mate of his was banned for illegal mods and Caden was on the team. People say that Caden was using Illegal mods and some don't.
    CadenMann likes this.
  20. First off: I sincerely appreciate your comment on this because I (think to) know you normally do not concern yourself with this. So yes, highly appreciated.

I wasn't there so I cannot comment. But because its manual effort there is something which still bothers me but I will share that through proper channels (in private).

And with all due respect. I don't like this at all but I have to be honest: us regular players simply cannot know exactly what happened. Simple as that. Having said that I appreciate you guys responding to this even though you don't have to.

Thank you very much for your comment on this. I for one sincerely appreciate it.