Smp8... and all of EMC remembers CadenMann

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Sgt_Pepper4, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Emc staff decision isn't focus towards the community's opinion on the manner but between him and staff. Also like point out This is a average case and we are handling like so. Some people might think we are treating this differently but we aren't.
  2. So when you say right for the community do you mean let him continue to play? So in this case because he's your ffffriend, he shouldn't have to play by the rules. Because your ffffreind should be able to do whatever he wants to. Because he's your fffffriend. Is that what you're saying?
  3. You are always so salty. Have you ever considered that when a player sees someone clearly breaking some severe rules, that after they use /report they may want to collect something to support their claims? There have been many times where a staff member has stopped by about an hour after a report to ask about what I think I saw. It is much easier and quicker for both them and me to just link screenshots and video. It eliminates personal player bias (something you seem to constantly struggle with) and provides something more conclusive than "they were flying." They then can use what I gave them as reason to look into the player, and I can go on my merry way.

And of course I talk about my personal experience. Why would I talk about other's experiences? They can talk about their own. I get it. You have authority issues. But I don't. What you see as a group of slaves who shouldn't be helped or even treated like human beings, I see a group of overworked but dedicated volunteer players who you can interact with. They have done a fantastic job at creating an enjoyable experience for me that has lasted 3.5 years already, forgive me for wanting to do what I can to give back.

What you (constantly) do is beyond character defining. I came here with the goal of providing a not often voiced view on how banned players =/= terrible human. You come with the purpose of trying to bring me down (again), and do nothing but bring negativity to an already fragile thread.

You can continue to assume that the groups "players" and "staff" are mutually exclusive all you want. It is your right to do so. But I will continue to put them both under the umbrella of "community," and I will continue to try to help the community. If that comes off as kissing @$$ to you, that is 110% fine with me.
  4. Now your just putting words i my mouth and is extremely RUDE and disrespectful i never said ANYTHING about cadenmann being my friend I'm only defending on what i feel is right. Also i hope he gets un-banned and you best start a private convo with me.
  5. wait.. why did he get banned?
  6. Just asking dude. You start questioning Aikar's judgements for the community because some guy gets banned for using illegal mods to get an unfair advantage over other players. Just having a difficult time understanding what it is you are trying to say.
  7. The reason listed for his ban ingame is "Illegal Mods." The actual reason for his ban is that either there was a misunderstanding somewhere or he, like every other human on the planet, just screwed up and made a bad call, resulting in the ban.
    ShelLuser, Spiritress and 607 like this.
  8. http://grief.com/the-five-stages-of-grief/
    #2, Anger, often requires someone or something to focus the ire at. It provides an outlet for emotional relief.

That being said, your reply was not "just asking," it was very condescending and phrased quite poorly in light of the purpose of this thread.

Now please, let's not continue the senseless bickering, I would really prefer not to see this thread with a lock on it. (At least until we have Caden back in game).
    ShelLuser, Hashhog, 607 and 1 other person like this.
  9. ok. but, i thought that was for someone else, ho well.

Also, was he perm banned or temped?
  10. Just do /p cadenmann...
    Penguinub, Kephras and ChamelonNYC like this.
  11. Regardless, of what happened or what the outcome of this is I can say that I have played on numerous servers and from my experience, EMC is more fair and forgiving than most servers. Most servers will ban a player without question, without investigation, sometimes just because they don't like you, sometimes because you raided/killed their friend, sometimes without any proof at all and without appeal or second chances.

Many more popular servers are far less fair and forgiving than EMC.
    ShelLuser, 607 and CadenMann like this.
  12. this whole thread is about talking about a persons ban. i thought that was not allowed. he can go through the appeal process or accept it end of story.
    /thread
    Dramanya, Dj__Krazy and CadenMann like this.
  13. Agreed. But if he used illegal mods, which it appears he did, then I'm not sure he should be let back on the server. But then again I don't know him, so I have no emotion on this. I just like the idea of playing on a server that is intolerant of breaking the rules. Played on too many others that were not. That just makes you frustrated if you are the guy that is playing by the rules.
  14. When I got banned they said all the knew that I killed somebody because he saw it on something a list or something like that but they didn't get any information about what really happened (so we had a big argument we are friends we just got into a big argument and I said don't come anywhere near me and a used flint and steel to like surround myself and he walked into and he placed lava over my head killed me then the fire killed him but it counted as me killing him because I guess I placed it) then I asked if I could speak to someone above him and he said sure and invite a her into the chat and she never said a word and nether did he . So maybe I'm just suggesting the staff need to come up with a better system at getting all the facts and sometimes it by the word of someone else they need to get all the info. I did put the staff members names in because I didn't want people to be mad at them.
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  15. Maybe try at least try and empathise with the players in grief rather than make them feel worse :rolleyes:
    Gawadrolt and God_Of_Gods like this.
  16. "...I'm not sure he should be let back on the server."
    Please keep in mind that all rules and policies apply to everyone, both in punishment and redemption. As has been mentioned multiple times in this thread, we don't see what Staff sees and it's not our place to determine guilt or innocence. That also means the appeal process is open to everyone, whether or not you personally believe they deserve a second chance.
  17. We don't to make a huge deal about this, just accept his ban and wait for him to comeback... Before the flame wars starts...
    Sgt_Pepper4 likes this.
  18. I think this thread is to tell our favorite Caden stories.

With that in mind - my favorite time with Caden was in the waste at a nether fortress that a bunch of players had turned into a kind of hunting grounds. It was actually the spot that inspired all the public wild builds on smp8.
    People were turning up their difficulty to 10 and running around with small armies of pigmen chasing them. It was complete fun chaos :) Caden joined in the fun and ran around naked like a loon on 10 at this fortress with pigmen, wither skellies, and blazes hot on his tail while we tried to kill everything before they could kill him. Needless to say, many people spent a lot of time dying that day, and we all had a blast :)
  19. Yes, we have capable, fair staff with lots of policies in place to achieve the fairest results. Lets try to just cheer caden up and show appreciation of caden.
    crafter31211 and CadenMann like this.