Smp8... and all of EMC remembers CadenMann

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Sgt_Pepper4, Sep 6, 2015.

1. What event?
    CadenMann likes this.
  2. I hoped so as well. I wanted to be on the contribution team even though I am currently banned (as I am currently working on a blog article that I do not want to ditch. ;)). So it appears not.
    BlinkyBinky, 607 and ShelLuser like this.
  3. Rainbowchin's UHC.
    CadenMann likes this.
  4. If caden dosen't get un ban i quiet emc ill go poof >_>
    SSRCcorp and CadenMann like this.
  5. As you have access to change multiple things, it is standard protocol to remove rank during a ban or investigation.
    SoulPunisher, ScrObot, 607 and 5 others like this.
  6. Ah, thank you for clarifying. I was wondering about that. :rolleyes:
    607, ShelLuser and Hashhog like this.
  7. I'll get a little side tracked here, but what does Contribution Team do? And how would one apply to it if one is interested?
    CadenMann likes this.
  8. Correction: You are permbanned with the chance for a reappeal in November, which will require a purge and will count as an official second Chance on your account. There was no overturn of your ban to change to a temp.
  9. Basically, the Contribution Team's job is to keep the community informed on Empire Minecraft as in updating the Wiki, creating new Wiki pages when new items appear, making blog posts, and basically being a walking EMC Encyclopedia.
    ShelLuser, Kephras and Dufne like this.
  10. Krysyy, you know I trust you and staff to handle things appropriately, and I'll be the first to stick up for you guys when people are ready to grab torches & pitchforks... but to be honest I really hope this gets resolved quickly and positively, because right now even my faith is a little shaky.

Glad to see you chiming in here though, if only as an acknowledgement of the issue.
  11. Basically temp ban with a longer description.
    Gawadrolt, CadenMann and Dufne like this.
  12. Ahhh cool! Thanks Caden!
    CadenMann likes this.
  13. CadenMann, Banned? :eek:, I Might cri.
    Sgt_Pepper4 and CadenMann like this.
  14. I appreciate your faith in the matter. The community often forgets that we do not make decisions rashly and we require infallible evidence to uphold a permanent ban, even if we do not publicly shame the player with that evidence. Once I return home, I will be reviewing the case again and discussing with the staff team on the matter. I understand it's hard when something like this happens and your faith is shaken so we will do or best to ensure all protocol was followed and nothing is bias in the matter.
  15. Whats there to discuss he's innocent?
    Gawadrolt, CadenMann and DrMadFate like this.
  16. I think we should be very careful here because we don't know exactly what happened nor do we have the same kind of information which the staff has. For the record: I don't like this, and I am also giving Caden the benefit of the doubt. I simply cannot believe that he would willingly try to abuse things. But having said that: I also think that where there's smoke there is fire, and staff will have ways to find the fire before we do.

IMO what's most important here is that we don't start witch hunts. I believe CadenMann but I also trust and believe staff.

No, that's fair play and a very sensible thing to do.

Player gets banned, has access to the wiki and then uses that access to advocate his own cause. Sure, it would only justify the ban (in my opinion) and wouldn't last that long, but it would cause more work for the contrib. team and the staff. Please note that I'm not claiming that Caden would do such a thing, but staff cannot take those chances.

It no fun, but its honestly a fair thing to do. Even though I know how much this may hurt (I know how excited Caden was, just as much as I was when I joined :confused:).

(edit):

Personally I also think so, but lets be honest: we don't know that. Leave this up to staff please. They do not ban players without a reason nor do they take this lightly. When you get banned then something is amiss. What that is... that could be a point open to discussion.

As such... there are things to discuss here.
    DeathPunchKitty, ScrObot, 607 and 2 others like this.
  17. The staff wants to make sure that Caden is, in fact innocent, and if he did do something wrong, he knows what he did do wrong.
    If he didn't do anything wrong, than they will unban him and try to prevent similar situations like this from occurring again.
  18. It's all cool. Staff will work on it.
    607, whatkom, Hashhog and 4 others like this.
  19. i dont know cadenmann very well, so maybe i should keep quiet, but i just want to say that i also cant imagine this happening and im sad to hear all this :(

when i joined it was chaos, half the server was on my res. so confusing :confused: trying to forget that tbh, lol, but while i was wondering what happened only 1 player took the time to /tell me what went on and explained many basic commands to me. he didnt have to, but he did!! even told me how i should respond b/c i didnt know, lolol! ^.^

cadenman2002. i know u renamed, but 4 me ur cadenman2002. the guy that really helped me understand emc a bit. u took ur time to explain stuff, and i still appreciate that. also because i really considered to log off b/c of all the weird stuff going on.

so yeah, im sad to read all this b/c i dont believe that a player who takes his time to help out a newb like me would do this.

sorry if my post isnt apppro... right, but wanted 2 share :confused:
    Penguinub, 607, ScrObot and 6 others like this.
  20. Well this was NOT something I expected to read. However, I have full faith in Caden and in the Staff team so I'm sure things will be resolved.
    ShelLuser, FDNY21, 607 and 5 others like this.