SMP 3 Outpost

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by Crazy1800, Feb 5, 2013.

1. No, that was about 2 days ago, this recent one wasn't planned.... :mad:
  2. Yes actually, it was. :p
  3. ooops, it was an old picture! Suurrreeeh!:eek:
  4. Hey, I've been on EMC for about a year and I'm normally on smp7 town. I'm looking for a growing wild outpost to join and was wondering if I could check yours out. From what I've read in the posts, I'm pretty sure I want to join.
  5. You will be considered for joining. We are currently expanding and might not be letting anyone else in quite yet.
    xI_LIKE_A_PIGx likes this.
  6. Jacob is correct, we are working on upgrading the base currently and will allow new members soon. The order we vote isn't who posted here first though, it will be who posts here / contacts me first AFTER we are finished. I may or may not post here, so if you really want to join, message me or post here about once a day to show continued interest.
  7. Okay, still interested :p
  8. Ninja is currently building our Gold Farm! If you plan on coming, obsidian is definitely appreciated :D

I think it's around 60 portals per layer, and we're working on layer 3 right now. We plan to expand quite a lot :D

Attached Files:

ninjaboy5656 likes this.
  9. Yes something we definitely need is obsidian. It is exactly 60 portals per layer. :p

For all of you who are looking at this and being attracted by the AFK farms/wither fights, nothing wrong with that. Unless you plan on coming to AFK at the farms all the time and not helping one bit. I know Crazy1800 made a point of this already about the wither fighting and rupee distribution but this is a wee bit different. Since he never stated anything about the AFK farms(They were all made after his post) I decided to clarify it again for all you who are interested.
  10. I'm still interested in joining :D
  11. OOOooh boy. If you are a member / want to be one, I'm going to need ya'll to read this.

We really do want more people to come and join, but only if you plan on helping out. We've added a lot so now it's mostly just supplying the area and living in a community.

I really want to touch upon participation and activity.

The point of joining an outpost isn't so you can get supplies easier. It's so you can be in a survival setting with a group of friends and just have fun! It's not fun though when people log on ONLY to afk or ONLY to fight Withers.
    I've been a little lenient, but I'm going to change a little bit up.

First thing that I will be changing are Wither Battles. We will no longer be messaging everyone for when they happen. If you want to participate, you'll need to be at the outpost helping. I will message people individually the time so they can come. If you aren't invited, then you need to become more active to benefit.

If you can't play for a while, I understand, just message me! If something comes up, I'm not going to hold that against you. So besides the way you find out about Wither Battles, we'll also be changing two more things about them.

1. We are no longer fighting 4 at a time.
    2. We are no longer dividing the pay in the way earlier mentioned.

The reason we are no longer fighting 4 at a time is because we get spread out anyways so it's not even like fighting four withers. Out of the 12 Withers we've fought, I've participated in every battle and participated in killing maybe 8 or 9 of them. I don't even see when the others die. We will still be fighting 4, but it will be after we kill one before it.

Now onto the touchy spot - The Pay.

We have 3 beacons left from the last fight - pay remains divided as earlier mentioned. We don't have a set plan yet for how to divide it. Here are the changes:
    Skull finders will get even MORE. Again, this is the hard work. Fighting is fun, but not hard. I'm not exactly sure how much more, but it will be rather substantial.
    Participators will get less (Obviously because Skull Finders are getting more)
    People who don't show up will get the same as Participators.
    People not told the time get nothing.

So for an example, let's just say Jacob, DeMott, Ninja and I each found 3 skulls. We invite 5 other people (9 total) and there are 12 people at the outpost. Only 6 people make it to the fight.
    The 3 not invited get nothing. They didn't get invited for a reason.
    The 3 people who didn't make it get the same amount as those who fought. It's not their fault they couldn't make it.
    So for example purposes I'll keep the old way and modify it to this:
    Skull finders = 50% of money gained
    Participaters = 50%
    People not invited = 0%

Again, that is NOT the final pay cut, but it gives you the idea.

Now onto activity.

I don't care if you log onto other servers. I understand that you may have other stuff going on, but if you log onto other servers for 5 hours, and on to SMP 3 (The outpost) for 15 minutes every other day, I'll be upset. You came to the outpost but aren't an active participant. That's not cool.

If I see you at the outpost and most of the time you're AFK, or you log in after me and log off within 20 minutes and are done for the rest of the night - I don't consider that active, even if you get on every other day.

Active to me is when you can log on, start a project, and can finish it in a day or two. Ninja started making the portals today. He's already on layer 4. That's activity.

If you aren't active, first I'll talk to you about it. You'll get to explain it to me and I'll understand the situation a little better. If you continue though, I will ask you to leave. Inactivity to me shows you don't want to be here. If you come, I'm not forcing you to stay. Just say "Hey I'm going to leave the outpost." No hard feelings.

If you do not leave then I will ask a staff member to "assist" you in leaving.

I'm sorry for seeming a little harsh, but I don't want the members who do a lot already to have to do it all.

One last time: If you are inactive without reason, then you don't want to be here, so leave.
  12. Also, to add on to that let's say you are working on a big project that is on another server, but still would like to be a part of the outpost. Since it will be hard to commit to both things at the same time just let us know that you won't be active for a while. We will NOT ask you to leave if the reason is valid such as:

Uh, hello there Crazy1800. I am building a monument to represent the 4 elements of blah blah blah. This project may take a week or two and I will find it hard to commit to both things so I just wanted to let you know why I won't be active

Also, don't try to find loopholes and send us something like this:

Hello there Crazy1800, I am playing on smpwhatever now and need to commit to it for 6 months. I won't be able to play on smp3 any more because I can't commit to both things at once. You might see me online every once in a while but will probably be afk farming at one of the grinders.

THIS, is just absolute crap and will not be tolerated. You join this outpost, you make a commitment. You can't just leave and go for long time periods as you please. I am not saying that there are set time periods of in-activity for whatever reason you may have. I think everyone understands what I am coming at from the 2 examples above.

Setting aside all these strict activity and participation guidelines, this is your chance to be a part of something new, fun and great. There is generally always someone on, everything you need to do pretty much anything is already set up for you.

If you want to start a project, please talk to me, Crazy1800 or DeMott_Mafia. Usually at least one of us is online, but in the case in which we aren't, just start a conversation with us on the forums and we will be glad to give you our thoughts and/or concerns. :)
    607 likes this.
  13. Screenshot of the mob grinder:

2013-02-18_20.21.18.png
    jacob5089 likes this.
  14. can I join I can make things and I can set up a villager trade center :)
  15. I'm in line! ;)
  16. Since when was Kevdudeman a part of the outpost? not trying to be rude, but, he has a lcoked chest.. I told you people would find us....
  17. Kev's been a good friend of mine for a while. I sent him coordinates a long time ago, and he made the trip last night.
  18. Okay, I thought he was un-invited.
  19. We already have villagers. Canuck and enzler are ahead of you, were backed up with people joining now. We are going to try to expand a bit first, you will all be considered and voted for.
  20. I believe our expansion/upgrading time is about over. I'll be talking with a couple people to get input, but I do want more people to come join us