SMP 3 Outpost

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by Crazy1800, Feb 5, 2013.

1. After voting, nearly everyone decided that before we take in new people we need to expand our living space. This should only take a day or two, maybe a couple though. Everyone that posted asking to join will be put on standby, but you'll be contacted as soon as we finish.

Supplies we suggest bringing:
    Iron - Armor
    Diamond - Tools/Armor

There IS public iron, but we'd rather you not use it all for an armor suit that may not last long.

I would suggest bringing 5 + items of food for the trip so it's just faster.
  2. Sounds good. Is there any other items that I could bring that may be needed?
  3. Uhhh... Possibly sand/glass? There aren't very good sand deposits here
  4. there are deposits there just all under about 20 blocks of water :D
  5. So...

There aren't very good sand deposits here
  6. Yes
  7. I'd love to join if I hadn't already been somewhere on Smp 3 :(
  8. I figured I'd take a couple screenshots to show you what we've got.
    http://imgur.com/a/rQ6Ld (22 screenshots)

List of services:
    Strip Mine
    Wheat Farm
    Carrot Farm
    Potato Farm
    Pig Farm
    Cow Farm
    Mooshroom Farm
    Sheep Farm
    Sugarcane Farm
    Tree Farm
    Egg Farm (Chickens)
    Obsidian Generator (4 people can use)
    Level 30 Enchantment Room
    Anvil
    Potions Room (Can make 12 at a time)
    Locked Chests Room
    Large and Organized Storage Room
    Safe Nether Fortress
    Hostile Nether Fortress (Both take less than 2 minutes to reach)
    Blaze Grinder
    Nice Community
    Frequent Wither Battles
    15x10 Housing Units
    Beacon
    Moderator Supervision
    Nether path (5-10 minutes to get here)

Though we can't guarantee it's grief or theft proof, we can guarantee swift action to fix any damage.
    We haven't had any instances of theft or grief, but if it were to occur we are not responsible for the loss of any items. A lockable chest is provided to keep valuables safe.

If you are mining with another person or group, before you start please decide what you will do with any Diamond that is found. Decide before you start whether you'll split it 50/50 (Or evenly among however many miners) so that there isn't confusion. You may decide that if you find it you want it all to yourself. This is discouraged when going in groups. If you want what you find, please start mining elsewhere/alone.

Diamond is not kept in community storage, though some people may give you some.

There are 28 double chests in the storage room (May grow in the future.) If what you are looking for is not there, please help everyone by going out and stocking it yourself. This doesn't mean go out and fill the chest, but put a substantial amount. It's like coffee in a work area. If you finish it / there's none there, refill it (Make a new batch) so others can enjoy it.

You will be expected to contribute be it mining for ore, continuously harvesting food or wood, or breeding the animals for slaughter >:).

You are allowed to build whatever you would like (Within reason/EMC's rules) on your 15x10 plot. I know it's not huge, but it's what we are currently providing.

This outpost is stationed in the ocean. The reason this location was chosen was so it'd be a little more difficult.

If you need help, feel free to ask. We don't bite :D

If you are a newer player, the older players will help you learn the ropes (I'm still learning a lot about potions)

We have a Wither Spoils System set up. You will be messaged them upon acceptance along with coordinates/directions.

It is not required, but we do like it if you understand coordinates. It makes it easier for everyone.

If you need help getting there, ask someone to come back and guide you. I'm sure they'd be happy to.

Finally (For now :p) you are to respect everyone else, whether it be the person or their creations. You will receive no warnings. If you don't understand common decency now, the only way you can begin to learn it is harsh repercussions. If you refuse to leave, your actions will be brought to the EMC staff for any moderation action they see fit.

By coming / asking to join our community, you agree with what has been posted above, and note that this is subject to change. If we decide to add a rule later, you will be informed and that will be that.

*Currently extending the living area. People wanting to join will be contacted by 2/14/15 at the latest.

If you read all that I thank you for your time :D
  9. These rules remind me of Eternia...
    xI_LIKE_A_PIGx likes this.
  10. Can I join?

EDIT: I will be coming with 2 stacks of wheat, cacti, potatos, melons and sugar canes. So 10 stacks in total
    xI_LIKE_A_PIGx likes this.
  11. We just started the voting process for you. It will be final in 24hrs
  12. Hello everyone!

Crazy1800 and I have come up with a new method of voting in new players to the group other than the current way.

Here is how it works each member will need to make 2 book and quill (ask me in-game for recipe or look on the wiki) and will simply type "yes" in one and "no" in the other. then you will sign and title your books "Vote". simple as that :D

Now in the central part of the base along the wall with furnaces there will be an applicants IGN with some side notes about that player. under this is a chest which you will place your vote Yes or No.

Length of time that voting will be open: 24 hrs

What does your vote do?:
    your vote tells us whether or not the majority wants "IGN" to join our group. the people that are on the voting list are people who asked to join on the forums. the 24hr window of voting will allow everyone an equal chance to vote and will give frequent players more voice.

Please reply with any Questions (IF Your not in the conversation already)
  13. Can I join this conversation your talking about? I asked I joins a few days ago and never got a response... Thanks
  14. When you asked we voted and decided to expand a little first. Since we've finished we picked the newest voting option (Obviously still interested in joining since it's new) and that is currently in progress. For the next vote I'll make sure it's you.

- You also stated you wanted to check it out first, which was the reason I posted screenshots. If you didn't see the link, I'll post it again below.

http://imgur.com/a/rQ6Ld
  15. You should update the screenshots..... :p
  16. I took those last night :confused:
  17. Thanks, just wanted that cleared up. I saw the pics, everything looks epic. Thanks for posting them.
    Crazy1800 likes this.
  18. Yah but u need to add mah incinerator!
  19. There are two issues with this, I think.
    1. You can switch one book in the chest with your own remaining book, so when you vote yes, you can take another yes out and put the no back in. This should not help anyone though, so nobody should do it.
    2. You can see who voted what, cause people sign the books themself. The books should all be signed by 1, cause it's not private when everyone can see who voted what.