Share your...Desks!?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by synth_apparition, Dec 19, 2014.

1. Well, seeing as everything is radioactive... :rolleyes: (yes, my physics revision is going well lol)
    607 and HxCami10 like this.
  2. Aaaaaand me not having a computer. I can't play EMC my bro won't let me on his Nooo
  3. You has same mouspad as me brother what
  4. Because I watch the games on the TV to the right of my setup :p
    The_Boulder likes this.
  5. My desk is my room lol I'll share a pic after i get homd
  6. Might as well I suppose. Image quality isn't super, blame my old phone :)

This is where I spend / waste plenty of time ;) I did 'cheat' a little bit by uncovering my APC (the device left to my keyboard); it usually has some papers lying on top which also help protect it a little bit from dust and stuff. The tower is my LAN server, powered by FreeBSD, which I use for testing, storing / working on (web) projects, running my Minecraft LAN server, etc. The smaller silverish one behind it is my actual workstation.

My desk is a little messy but it's what I like; I can actually find everything I need in there ;)

The small device on top of my keyboard normally isn't lying there either; that's a small portable audio recorder, which I left there to remind me that I still need to extract some samples from it. Which I suppose I should, but then again; the forums are a little too distracting right now ;)
    ChickenDice, SirTah, 607 and 4 others like this.
  7. Seriously? Man you are so boring. Radiation is the cool thing about it all!
  8. Thought I'd show you where my life's cockpit has been located these past 2 months.

As you can see, much has changed since my last picture of my desk I shared in January/February-ish(?). The biggest change of all is the changing of my room. The second is my laptop's screen being totally black.

Story on the laptop's screen: I dropped something on the floor in my old room, and I'd put the laptop facing towards me from the side so I could lean against the wall (this might make sense if you go back and look at the other post I made some months ago). I moved up and tapped my elbow in the lightest possible way on the back of the screen. Turns out that 'tiny little tap' was enough to smash my backlight. Yay. And I also can't be bothered paying £30 for a new one because if I open my laptop up one more time I'm pretty sure I'll break it :p

Also I feel like that picture is a big advertisement for SuperDry. I mean, if you live in the UK, go ahead and buy their clothes because they're cool, but they're not paying me to say this. They should be though.
    SirTah, 607, mba2012 and 5 others like this.
  9. I really want a keyboard in my set-up, but even if I could afford one, it wouldn't fit anywhere >.<
    Jelle68 likes this.
  10. Well, if you look closely you'll see that my space is also pretty limited here ;) I'm actually typing near the left side of my (computer) keyboard (so not sitting fully behind it) because of my Casio keyboard. That took some adjusting and getting used to, I'll tell you that :) It's also why some of my friends actually dislike sitting behind my desk because they can't 'reach' my keyboard ;)

As to price; I was actually happily surprised with this Casio. Didn't cost me more than E200,- (including some extra equipment such as the stand and a foldable seat). But... Although I did pay some attention to the sound(s) it could produce it wasn't my main focus, also because I normally use my keyboard as midi input device (so only using it to control my synth and not so much to make music on its own).
    607 likes this.
  11. Yup, same!
    Well, sounds like I could save up for something, then, it should be cheaper than the Wii U I bought some time ago... but at the moment, due to having bought that Wii U, I have about €30,- to spare :p
    ShelLuser likes this.
  12. Got a TV wall mount today. pretty amazing if I do say so myself.
    ChickenDice, 607, SirTah and 6 others like this.

13. i forgot about this but also here is my desk its so clean and nice right
    SirTah likes this.
  14. Wow, that's an old post! In regards to the "imgur somehow blurred it out a bit": on second thought, if I try my best I can actually read that conversation. :eek: Not all of it, but enough parts to make me understand what it's about. But well, that's perhaps a bit unfair, as I wrote the post myself, even if it was a while ago :p
  15. i see im not the only one watching the tournament
  16. By popular demand, and as I said I'd do it.

Here is my desk now its unpacked (and cleanish) state!

For those interested in Rig information I'll hide it below for you;

Mobo: ASUS X99-A/USB 3.1
    GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Edition 8GB
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6900K CPU @ 3.20GHz
    Memory: 64.00 GB RAM DDR4 (63.91 usable)
    PSU: HX750i
    Radiator: Corsair Hydro H115i CPU Cool

Case: Aerocool X-Predator II Black
    Screens: BenQ BL2711U 27" Ultra HD 4K IPS Monitor

Olaf_C, CDJS, Sachrock and 3 others like this.
  17. that is a nice rig
  18. Will post a pic when(or if) I get my desk setup. Currently waiting for my wifi card for my PC. Dining room table is my setup right now.:p
    BenMA likes this.
  19. Holy crap I want your rig so bad lol. How well does that GPU run shaders?
  20. TromboneSteve and LBoss9001 like this.