Share your...Desks!?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by synth_apparition, Dec 19, 2014.

1. Oh I meant more like FPS. My gtx 960 gets around 40 fps with a 256 texture pack and max shadow quality and that stuff with SEUS. Without that fancy stuff I get about 60 - 70 fps
  2. I get 40-60 fps on highest SEUS shaders and all other settings maxed with a x256 texture pack and I have a GTX 760. You must have a subpar CPU if that card is only getting you 40fps on maxed without shaders. Minecraft also puts higher load on the CPU than most other games so your CPU pulls more weight than your GPU but both obviously still matter.

Out of curiosity, are you doing some heavy content creation or 3D model work/fabrication? 64GB of RAM and the i7-6900k seem pretty unnecessary unless you are.

Even then, I can't see how you would use up 64GB unless you are doing content creation AND playing games AND encoding video all at the same time with a huge frame buffer, or if you had a bunch of VMs open at once.
    UltiPig likes this.
  3. Is that setup in the picture still your daily driver, and what OS is it running? Hard to tell if it's just a skin on a newer OS or if that's legitimately Windows 98/ME/2000 lol.
  4. he plays minecraft and watches drone footage..
  5. Well that's an udder waste of money then lol.
  6. Did you know different screen resolutions also exist? ;)
    xHaro_Der and TromboneSteve like this.
  7. Definetley not my CPU, I have a i7 6700k. I have almost every compatible forge mod on the approved mods list which slows it down a very large amount lol.
    I just have 1 1080p monitor. Them fancy 4k stuff is too much moneys.
    B4DMAN5IMON and TomvanWijnen like this.
  8. I didn't think it mattered for minecraft due to it only rendering the textures anyways.
    Ah. I play with about 7-10 mods but none of them are all that intensive. That makes more sense.
    TromboneSteve and TomvanWijnen like this.
  9. my desk is a complete mess right now but I'll participate...

This is literally how my desk looks right now, I didn't move or clean anything up. What is seen here is the following, starting from the left:

The Need 10" record (with a bunch of 45s behind it which you can't see, was listing them on discogs.com the other day)
    Kill Rock Stars sticker
    my speakers
    "Love You More" statue my gf gave me last Valentines Day
    L7 sticker, signed and framed
    small gold Buddha statue an ex-coworker gave me
    slightly larger Buddha statue with a Shyguy figurine in the front of it and a Graveface Records glow in the dark pin behind it
    a bunch of trash including empty water bottles and a yellow corn tortilla chip bag
    my phone
    some dishes
    a bunch of old mail
    two keyboards, two mice
    four monitors
    my wallet and car keys
    my work laptop with some mail on top of it
    another Graveface Records sticker sitting on top of some CDRs
    my camera bag
    one of my dogs laying underneath the desk
    on the far right are some of my record crates with a Tape Op magazine and some more mail and cds sitting on top of it

yes, very messy but I do a lot of work here so it tends to pile up
  10. When you've the same speakers as me
    WayneKramer likes this.
  11. Pupper! :D
    WayneKramer likes this.
  12. As promised.

EDIT: Wow my phone takes big pictures lol.
    TromboneSteve and TomvanWijnen like this.
  13. you play with a left handed mouse?
  14. I don't think it is a left handed mouse. I am left handed. I tried using my right hand for my mouse, but it was very uncomfortable.
  15. Well, just got my PC moving into my room from my dinning room :p

Sorry for big picture :p
    Sachrock and TomvanWijnen like this.
  16. odd, i too am left handed and i use my right hand, using left hand feels weird for me
  17. Hm. I guess it depends on the person.
  18. In my experience it depends on what you grew up using. I am left handed but use it right handed, first of all because rebinding keys seems like a bit too much work for a lazy person like me and also I grew up using a mouse right handed and it would take a lot of effort to learn to use it left handed.
  19. It's a skin on Windows 7, on Windows 98 I'd have my taskbar only one row high, but that doesn't seem to be possible in 7.
    I got a new pc now though, as my old one had too many issues (hard drive full, broken disk drive, broken usb drives, very slow speed, et cetera), and it came with Windows 10.
    I also got my mother's monitor, because I need workroom more, for editing videos for school or YouTube. Went from 1024 * 768 to 1680 * 1050, quite a big improvement.
    That's interesting. Do you use the arrow keys for Minecraft, then?
  20. I do use the arrow keys for any game that I can.