Server Problems, Post Here!

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by chickeneer, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Ha, right-click + open in new tab is so inefficient, just use middle click ;)
    TromboneSteve and ShelLuser like this.
  2. Oh, lol, of course, that works too :p I didn't think of it though, because the clicking on the middle moise button of my mouse (that I just replaced a few weeks ago) hasn't worked for the last couple of years, so I've learned to completely ignore that function of the mouse :p pick block in minecraft is R for me, haha
  3. That explain why alerts are doing so strange on the website. I now need to go to show all to get idea what happens.
  4. An important thing to keep in mind is that the livemap works the same for all servers. In other words: if you check out the SMP6 livemap or the SMP2 livemap you're actually using the same physical server which simply sends out different data (so the map for either smp6 or smp2). I'm mentioning this because if there would be lag caused by the server it would appear for all of us, not just on one single map.

I've checked out the SMP6 livemap (didn't hop onto SMP6 myself) but I didn't really notice any lag. So it is still possible that this only happened for you (or a small(er) group) right now. Do these problems still continue or have they managed to resolve themselves in the mean time?

Here's the thing: Even if you have a decent or fast Internet connection then that doesn't always guarantee a speedy connection with every server on the Internet. It is possible that signals ("data") between you and the server get obstructed somewhere along the route to or from the server. That's because data on the Internet usually travels through a lot of different relay points in order to reach another place. If one of those relay points is having issues then it's quite possible that only a small amount of people will experience delays (or problems) while things work just fine for everyone else.

Example: I've had issues where the EMC website would suddenly stop working for me at all. Just like that I couldn't access the forums nor the game anymore. But other people had no issues. In fact: when I tried using a server which is located approx. 30km from here everything worked just fine. This turned out to be caused by a problem in one of those "relay stations" which I mentioned (official name being "router"); a relay station which was actually located in the US and caused problems for a very specific group of people. And even though I'm from the Netherlands (Europe) it still managed to cause problems for only a few specific connections like mine instead of everyone here (which might seem more logical).

Anyway, right now I don't experience any issues here, so I'm curious if things are still laggy for you?
    IamTheNub and TomvanWijnen like this.
  5. Please don't post about the website issues in this thread, please use some of the other threads.
    ShelLuser and IamTheNub like this.
  6. Ok, back ontopic.

There is a bug in the permission system: it is no longer possible to give the same flag(s) to a multiple selection of players. Just a few moments ago I tried to give both Crazy_TJ & Kyzoy move access to my 4th residence using this command:

/res pset crazy_tj,kyzoy move t

This was the output I got:

It's shown multiple times because I got confused at first and assumed that I had made a typo.

Just to go the extra mileage I tried to reproduce this using both gripceo & ayanamikun (no underscores in the names) but I got the same results: /res pset gripceo,ayanamikun destroy t.

Pretty sure this is a bug.
  7. Have you ever been able to give multiple users flags at the same time? Pretty sure that feature has never been added.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  8. I believe you can. I would have to test to make sure, but have some memory of doing it.
  9. I'm 100% sure about it. It is an advanced way to set flags and you can find the overview on the advanced flags page.

This isn't mentioned on the regular residence commands page because it became much too long and confusing for players. This is also why the commands wiki page got split up into smaller sections (chat commands, friends commands, etc.).
    607 likes this.
  10. Yes, correct. You have always been able to add two players at the same time. This is weird, apparently it's happened to many people before.
  11. My sheep and cows keep moving through walls. I had them in fenced pens, but they got out somehow. So I dug pits with dirt walls between them. The blue sheep are still getting into the red pen and all the animals are wandering out somehow.

Sometimes I can see shadow animals (all black) in the walls.

Help?

EDIT: See screenshot for reference. Blue sheep in bottom-left corner of red pen; shadow creature in the middle wall.

607 likes this.
  12. This isn't a server problem i don't think but every time i go to play on a server my game crashes and says java platform se binary has stopped working any one know how to fix that???
  13. That has happened to me on certain servers before. I dont remember how I fixed it though.
  14. delete the .minecraft folder it fixed it for me :/
  15. If you do this^ Make sure you save your screenshots.
    ShelLuser, 607, iKloned and 2 others like this.
  16. well i already fixed it without deleting the folder as stated in the post. it was quite a while ago.
  17. smp5's teleporters are not working and I'm stuck, can't get back to town or anywhere else via teleporters :(
  18. Are you in the wild? You have to go back to the outpost you spawned at. If you mean the teleporters at the outpost you can do /town from the protected area.
    ShelLuser and battymonster like this.
  19. I'm in the wasted lands, not sure which spawning point but the first thing I noticed when getting there is I dropped out of the sky, it's never done that to me before. When I try using any of the teleports nothing happens, I'm just standing in the water, something is definitely wrong.
  20. Do /map in game and click on the link. You can find your way to the nearest outpost from there. I spawn in the air at the outposts too but it's not really a problem since you don't take damage. I'm not sure about the teleporters though
    battymonster likes this.